Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53594 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2021, 01:14:41 PM »
"He was claiming hollowpoints would "explode inside the target" and full metal jackets were "designed to pass through and hit another target beyond"."

Just shows that he doesn't know jack about how .223 FMJ acts at close range.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2021, 01:15:26 PM »
I thought I read that the reporter took spall from either a pass through or a miss that hit the ground near him.
As I recall, he testified that he felt something touch his legs as shots were being fired but received no injury.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2021, 01:42:19 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2021, 02:47:52 PM »
Judge to Prosecution:
"I don't believe you.  There better not be another incident, I'll take the [defense's] motion under advisement and you can respond.  When you say you were acting in good faith, I don't believe that."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2021, 03:02:33 PM »
From what I've read elsewhere, the general rule is not to put the defendant on the stand.  The one, big exception to that rule is self defense cases.

The defense is not trying to prove KR didn't shoot those people.  The defense is trying to prove that KR acted in self defense.  Putting Kyle on the stand gives the defense a chance to show Kyle's perspective of the danger and it will show what a reasonable person would do.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2021, 03:30:56 PM »
In my vastly experienced jury mind not putting him up there would make me think there was something to hide. Doesn’t meet the standards of proof of course but jurors are stupid.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2021, 03:57:21 PM »
The prosecutor keeps heavily insinuating that if you have a gun, then you must be actively expecting to use it.

I don't think Rittenhouse is doing particularly well in front of the prosecutor.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 04:58:41 PM by cordex »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2021, 05:02:24 PM »
I don't think Rittenhouse is doing particularly well in front of the prosecutor.

He has had his moments though. I loved his expression when dickweed asked him why he felt he needed to run towards a fire. "Uh, it's a fire?"  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2021, 05:51:13 PM »
He has had his moments though. I loved his expression when dickweed asked him why he felt he needed to run towards a fire. "Uh, it's a fire?"  :rofl:
How about the moment when Rittenhouse said one of the perps threatened to cut his heart out, and the prosecutor said they didn't need specifics like that.  :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2021, 06:10:42 PM »
Anybody got odds on a mistrial? Mistrial with prejudice?

The persecutor/ADA is an absolute enema nozzle.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2021, 06:17:21 PM »
Video games.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1458484389365563403

The prosecution questions Rittenhouse's choosing of an AR-15 because "it resembled the types of weapons that are used in first person shooter video games," in which gamers "pretty much shoot anyone who comes at you."

Oh good *expletive deleted*ing grief.  :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2021, 06:17:53 PM »
Anybody got odds on a mistrial? Mistrial with prejudice?

The persecutor/ADA is an absolute enema nozzle.

Mistrial with prejudice?  Never heard of such thing.  You mean dismissed with prejudice?  Maybe it's a distinction w/o a difference.
"It's good, though..."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2021, 06:21:12 PM »
If they get a mistrial would that not open up Rittenhouse to be more vulnerable to a more competent prosecution?

Right now the prosecution is doing a fine job of *expletive deleted*ing up their case so is it wise to interrupt them?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2021, 06:59:04 PM »
Binger kept pushing Kyle to admit he was trying to use deadly force to protect property. 

The judge told the jury to leave then absolutely tore into Binger.  Literally yelling at him for failing to respect his previous rulings.

Watched that.  It was.... Impressive.   It got to the point I was almost starting to feel bad for Binger.   Almost.

Ok, not really, but dayum, it was a beatdown. 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2021, 07:01:04 PM »
The prosecutor keeps heavily insinuating that if you have a gun, then you must be actively expecting to use it.

Unless you're an antifa medic with an expired carry permit who wouldn't ever actually shoot anyone because, you, know, "do no harm,"  of course.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2021, 07:04:24 PM »
If they get a mistrial would that not open up Rittenhouse to be more vulnerable to a more competent prosecution?

A mistrial with prejudice would mean that Rittenhouse can't be tried again on the same charges.

However, I believe if the judge were to make such a ruling, the state could appeal it. Considering Binger's antics, I think they'd be crazy to appeal it. Judges don't like lawyers who ignore other judges' rulings.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2021, 07:10:21 PM »
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
Binger: All he had was a handgun, why would you think he is a threat? You have an AR-15. Can you help me understand that?

Kyle: He was advancing at me with a gun in his hand

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/10/prosecutor-asks-kyle-rittenhouse-to-explain-to-him-why-hed-consider-a-man-with-only-a-handgun-a-threat-when-he-had-an-ar-15/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2021, 07:13:10 PM »
Just saw that

Double Oh good *expletive deleted*ing grief  :facepalm: :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2021, 07:19:20 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2021, 07:22:26 PM »
More stupidity

Judge’s phone in Rittenhouse trial goes off, ringtone is Lee Greenwood’s “Proud to Be an American.”

pic.twitter.com/arts0bhxlr

— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) November 10, 2021

The judge in the #KyleRittenhouseTrial has selected as his ringtone the anthem of the fascist Donald Trump, who attempted to overthrow the American government on January 6, 2021.

In other words, the judge is party to the same criminal cabal as the shooter. https://t.co/9TrgB1ctKS

— Andre Damon (@Andre__Damon) November 10, 2021
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/11/10/judges-phone-rang-during-rittenhouse-trial-and-some-find-the-ringtone-triggering/
- Calvin and Hobbes

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2021, 07:28:53 PM »
Mistrial with prejudice?  Never heard of such thing.  You mean dismissed with prejudice?  Maybe it's a distinction w/o a difference.

My understanding is that a dismissal is due to lack of evidence, whereas the mistrial is due (in this case) by prosecutorial malfeasance in attempting to repeatedly ask questions that either are just plain not allowed (such as discussing the fact that Rittenhouse [was smart] and kept his mouth shut without an attorney present) or that the judge had already ruled on being off limits.  Basically one opinion I saw was that the prosecution knows they have f'ed up so badly that they are intentionally trying to cause a mistrial to get a do-over, but the defense is having none of that and is basically saying that if they force a mistrial it needs to be granted with prejudice to prevent the prosecution from doing that.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2021, 08:48:00 PM »
I have a headache now

What people could do with anger about the Rittenhouse trial is advocate for a law that says that if you bring a weapon to a public place where you know violence is basically guaranteed, you lose any self defense grounds

— Ryan Grim (@ryangrim) November 10, 2021
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/10/hot-take-its-not-self-defense-if-you-bring-a-weapon-to-a-place-where-you-know-violence-is-basically-guaranteed/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2021, 12:06:46 AM »
https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1458603356721541126

"...Rosenbaum died as he had lived, trying to touch an unwilling minor."
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2021, 07:17:27 AM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 08:54:58 AM by K Frame »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.