Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53010 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2021, 06:36:58 PM »
What the holy eff?! If I'd been on the jury I'd have walked straight out and refused to re-enter the courtroom until I had assurances the prosecutor was strictly forbidden from touching the weapons.

Brad

Ah yes, the Baldwin maneuver. Already a classic.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #351 on: November 15, 2021, 06:38:07 PM »

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #352 on: November 15, 2021, 06:42:13 PM »
With topics like this, when you have to check hoping it is a Babylon Bee article, and not for real, the future of the country is in grave peril.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #353 on: November 15, 2021, 07:33:03 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #354 on: November 15, 2021, 07:45:51 PM »
Leave it to Joy Reid to twist this

Joy Reid: Right-wing Twitter called out the prosecutor for pointing a gun in the courtroom but ‘libruls are DUMB DUMB to fear AR-15s’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/15/joy-reid-right-wing-twitter-called-out-the-prosecutor-for-pointing-a-gun-in-the-courtroom-but-libruls-are-dumb-dumb-to-fear-ar-15s/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #355 on: November 15, 2021, 07:59:25 PM »
We see what you did there

DEFENSE: Kyle Rittenhouse "has as much right to go there as anybody else in the city of Kenosha, and be unmolested by the likes of Joseph Rosenbaum…" pic.twitter.com/UABZUGFDsG

— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) November 15, 2021
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/15/we-see-what-he-did-there-defense-attorney-says-rittenhouse-had-the-right-to-be-unmolested-by-the-likes-of-joseph-rosenbaum/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #356 on: November 15, 2021, 08:06:00 PM »
Say what?  :facepalm:
Libs please stop treating blacks like children

Employers, consider giving your Black employees a day or two off after the Rittenhouse verdict. Regardless of the outcome, it’s going to be hard for Black people to work and it isn’t fair to expect them to.

— Gregory McKelvey (@GregoryMcKelvey) November 15, 2021
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/15/blue-check-suggests-giving-black-employees-a-couple-of-days-off-after-the-rittenhouse-verdict-regardless-of-the-outcome/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #357 on: November 15, 2021, 08:18:25 PM »
Say what?  :facepalm:
Libs please stop treating blacks like children
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/15/blue-check-suggests-giving-black-employees-a-couple-of-days-off-after-the-rittenhouse-verdict-regardless-of-the-outcome/

There were no *expletive deleted*ing blacks involved in this case,  why do they keep trying to play the race angle?*

*All three badguys were Jews, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish in the racial justice game
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #358 on: November 15, 2021, 08:24:43 PM »
I didn’t know Huber and Grosskreutz were Jewish names.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #359 on: November 15, 2021, 08:33:45 PM »
I didn’t know Huber and Grosskreutz were Jewish names.

I'll walk that one back if I've got it wrong.  The only form of social media I currently use is Gab,  which ain't exactly fond of The Tribes.  I'm only interested in correct.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #360 on: November 15, 2021, 09:11:24 PM »
There were no...blacks involved in this case,  why do they keep trying to play the race angle?*

One of the whines being voiced lately is that Kyle would have been immediately killed, if he were black, so black people would supposedly be upset if he walks.

'Course, some white people were trying to kill Kyle before he even fired a shot, so...

Also, this:

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #361 on: November 16, 2021, 12:38:28 AM »

Is this the original condition of the weapon at the time Rittenhouse used it?  There are no sights or optics on this rifle.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #362 on: November 16, 2021, 01:08:11 AM »
Is this the original condition of the weapon at the time Rittenhouse used it?  There are no sights or optics on this rifle.

His rifle had some sort of optic during the festivities.  Don't know when it was removed.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: November 16, 2021, 05:51:28 AM »
The optic was removed by a detective when the rifle was placed into an evidence box.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #364 on: November 16, 2021, 08:03:31 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #365 on: November 16, 2021, 08:27:29 AM »
Since seeing the carbine in court without the optic I've wondered why would they remove it considering it part of the evidence?
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #366 on: November 16, 2021, 08:29:40 AM »
Legal Insurrection is not at all impressed with the closing argument delivered by Rittenhouse's lawyers.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/rittenhouse-trial-defense-delivers-a-disappointingly-weak-closing-argument/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2021, 09:33:40 AM »
Legal Insurrection is not at all impressed with the closing argument delivered by Rittenhouse's lawyers.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/rittenhouse-trial-defense-delivers-a-disappointingly-weak-closing-argument/
I think people liked the defense closing arguments because it was better than what they did during the trial.  Doesn't mean either was good. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #368 on: November 16, 2021, 09:40:34 AM »
I think people liked the defense closing arguments because it was better than what they did during the trial.  Doesn't mean either was good.

Well, and they had a low bar handed to them from the other side. I mean, "everybody takes a beating sometime" is a freebie to the defense.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #369 on: November 16, 2021, 09:42:00 AM »
Has the judge ruled on the mistrial motion yet?  I’m guessing he’ll deny it, if he hasn’t already but I had heard for sure.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #370 on: November 16, 2021, 09:50:52 AM »
Has the judge ruled on the mistrial motion yet?  I’m guessing he’ll deny it, if he hasn’t already but I had heard for sure.

https://www.cbs58.com/news/motion-for-mistrial-with-prejudice-still-on-the-table-in-rittenhouse-trial

Apparently not.

Kind of sounds like maybe the judge is waiting on the verdict and wants to see an acquittal.  Might be holding onto the motion in case the jury doesn’t acquit.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #371 on: November 16, 2021, 10:01:05 AM »
https://www.cbs58.com/news/motion-for-mistrial-with-prejudice-still-on-the-table-in-rittenhouse-trial

Apparently not.

Kind of sounds like maybe the judge is waiting on the verdict and wants to see an acquittal.  Might be holding onto the motion in case the jury doesn’t acquit.

He might want to start carrying an AR-15 if he does that.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #372 on: November 16, 2021, 10:13:48 AM »
I wasn’t impressed by the judge’s performance. Sometimes he was wishy washy and indecisive.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2021, 10:15:03 AM »
I wasn’t impressed by the judge’s performance. Sometimes he was wishy washy and indecisive.

But he was very quick to call out the prosecutor on a lot of his bullshit.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #374 on: November 16, 2021, 10:26:10 AM »
So, if Rittenhouse is acquitted, and I really hope he is...

How many days of riots, looting, and burning are we going to have?

I'm putting it at 4 really solid days, and another 7 of sporadic flare ups.