Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53048 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #375 on: November 16, 2021, 10:36:03 AM »
DA FUQ????

Kyle Rittenhouse is shown on a video on Fox news pulling numbered balls out of a spinning mixing cage.

According to the story, he's PICKING THE JURORS who will be alternates, essentially picking his jury.

WTF is that?

It's like something out of the *expletive deleted*ing Hunger Games... Do other states do that?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:48:03 AM by K Frame »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2021, 10:47:39 AM »
I never heard of that.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2021, 11:33:07 AM »
But Kyle already competed in the Hunger Games.  =D
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #378 on: November 16, 2021, 11:59:29 AM »
They made him pull slips of paper out of a tumbler. I watched it. Rekieta Law's livestream said that was bizarre. Strange, but I guess it makes sense.

Edit to add: May the odds forever be in your favor.
or
Choose your fate!
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #379 on: November 16, 2021, 12:06:13 PM »
Ah. I just assumed it was numbered balls.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2021, 12:11:01 PM »
But Kyle already competed in the Hunger Games.  =D

And won. And that is what the left is upset about. If he was left dead in the street I highly doubt we would have heard anything about it in the MSM after a couple of days if at all except how a mass murder by a far right extremist was prevented by our three heroes.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #381 on: November 16, 2021, 12:14:57 PM »
So, if Rittenhouse is acquitted, and I really hope he is...

How many days of riots, looting, and burning are we going to have?

I'm putting it at 4 really solid days, and another 7 of sporadic flare ups.
I am hoping for a high number.  Eventually, the normies are going to get sick of that stuff. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #382 on: November 16, 2021, 12:18:59 PM »
The trial has been an absurdity on multiple levels.

The media coverage by and large has been absurd.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

- Lon Horiuchi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #384 on: November 16, 2021, 12:52:51 PM »
I know he's photoshopped in but is that the actual court house right now with the doors and windows boarded up or is that some other place?
- Calvin and Hobbes

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #385 on: November 16, 2021, 01:10:42 PM »
That is the courthouse, but the video of protestors outside shows the windows unboarded right now.

- Lon Horiuchi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #386 on: November 16, 2021, 01:21:36 PM »
That is the courthouse, but the video of protestors outside shows the windows unboarded right now.

That might be changing soon.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #387 on: November 16, 2021, 01:22:02 PM »
Jury apparently deliberated for 45 minutes then requested copies of the jury instructions, particularly those sections pertaining to self defense.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #388 on: November 16, 2021, 01:54:18 PM »
I think it’s looking decently good for Kyle right now.  Impossible to say for sure of course but I’d have to think that asking for the self defense instructions means they’re taking that part seriously.  Which can only be good for Kyle.

I still think a hung jury, or conviction on some lesser included charges has to be at least as likely as full acquittal.  But I’m slightly more hopeful now.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #389 on: November 16, 2021, 02:07:18 PM »
Probably at least 2 or 3 on the jury who already had their minds made up before the trial he's a racist far right wing mass murderer and completely zoned themselves out when anything counter to that came up in the trial. I would love to be proven wrong on that.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #390 on: November 16, 2021, 02:18:13 PM »
I can see acquittal or a hung jury, but I'm not so sure about lesser charges - there have got to be at least a FEW people on the Kenosha jury who didn't like the unchecked rioting and arson in their home town and have no sympathy at all for the deceased, and they may just dig in their heels as solidly against convicting Kyle of anything as the ones who " . . . already had their minds made up before the trial he's a racist far right wing mass murderer . . . " who needs to be convicted of everything.

But of course, that's just a guess - seasoned court observers and actual legal experts (not just TV personalities) have only limited success in predicting jury outcomes, so I wouldn't place any bets with my own money on what happens.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #391 on: November 16, 2021, 02:37:34 PM »
Biggest wildcard here is how much of the jury intimidation business got to the jury and how much it's going to influence them.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #393 on: November 16, 2021, 03:06:57 PM »

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #395 on: November 16, 2021, 03:09:05 PM »
Also on BB

Kenosha Residents Paint Their Doorposts With 'Black Lives Matter' In Preparation For Verdict
https://babylonbee.com/news/kenosha-residents-paint-their-doorposts-with-black-lives-matter-in-preparation-for-verdict
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #396 on: November 16, 2021, 03:51:41 PM »
Also on BB

Kenosha Residents Paint Their Doorposts With 'Black Lives Matter' In Preparation For Verdict
https://babylonbee.com/news/kenosha-residents-paint-their-doorposts-with-black-lives-matter-in-preparation-for-verdict
I'm surprised the Babylon Bee didn't write that they were painting it with lamb's blood . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #397 on: November 16, 2021, 04:50:15 PM »
I think they said Chic-fil-a sauce in a previous article about a completely different scenario.

- Lon Horiuchi

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #398 on: November 16, 2021, 04:58:50 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #399 on: November 16, 2021, 05:02:14 PM »
Doesn’t need to be the bee, numerous riots including Kenosha people put up blm or black owned signs on businesses they boarded up. Turns out they burn the same.

Is the revelation of jump kick man yet another bid to bait a mistrial? Seems like a little fun tidbit of exculpatory info intentionally not shared. Why wasn’t Rittenhouse prosecuted for attempted homicide on JKM? Almost like they didn’t want him in court or something.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.