Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53025 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2021, 05:03:30 PM »
So we now have 4 heroes of Kenosha.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2021, 05:07:44 PM »
Lots of businesses in Minneapolis tried minority owned or BLM to little or no effect.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2021, 05:08:46 PM »
Marvel writer urges people to burn down the city of Kenosha over Rittenhouse trial verdict
https://thepostmillennial.com/marvel-comics-writer-dylan-park-urged-people-to-burn-down-the-city-of-kenosha

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2021, 05:23:49 PM »
Doesn’t need to be the bee, numerous riots including Kenosha people put up blm or black owned signs on businesses they boarded up. Turns out they burn the same.

Is the revelation of jump kick man yet another bid to bait a mistrial? Seems like a little fun tidbit of exculpatory info intentionally not shared. Why wasn’t Rittenhouse prosecuted for attempted homicide on JKM? Almost like they didn’t want him in court or something.

JKM was the reason for the second reckless endangerment charge.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2021, 06:02:03 PM »
Unaware, I paid little attention to the lesser charges except to note that the weapon charge was bogus. Still BS, intentionally firing a gun at a specific person with intent to hit them shouldn’t be reckless endangerment. They just didn’t want to identify the guy for obvious reasons.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2021, 06:02:20 PM »
Rumors that a US Marshall in Kenosha is saying two jurors are holding up the not guilty verdict because of rioting. I hope the rumor is true. That would be a fast not guilty verdict.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

- Lon Horiuchi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2021, 06:19:38 PM »
Rumors that a US Marshall in Kenosha is saying two jurors are holding up the not guilty verdict because of rioting. I hope the rumor is true. That would be a fast not guilty verdict.

I was already afraid some jurors might be emotionally compromised from the doxxing threats or even just, "one man's innocence is not worth rioting."

I'm wondering if regardless of the law, some jurors might be making an argument to convict on something, even a lesser charge, even if they know he is innocent, just to appease the mob.

Which, sadly, goes back to what DeSelby mentioned above about "don't wind up in front of a jury". The direction that the US is heading continues to strengthen the "lay low in the boonies" argument.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2021, 06:23:16 PM »
My prediction is a hung jury with more voting for acquittal than guilty.  Maybe that's why the judge has not ruled yet on the motion for a mistrial with prejudice; he's keeping it in his back pocket in case the jury can't reach a verdict
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2021, 06:46:03 PM »
We need a full acquittal in this, anything less with the judge calling a mistrial with prejudice will just leave an open wound and fuel even more riots than a full acquittal
- Calvin and Hobbes

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2021, 06:48:58 PM »
Judge explaining that the jury selection tumbler by the defendant has been standard for 20 years.

No decision tonight. Jury to resume 9:00AM

- Lon Horiuchi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #410 on: November 16, 2021, 07:01:10 PM »
Had a thought.
Putting off the verdict till maybe tomorrow could be a delay to get police and NG in position.
Plus what's the weather forecast for that area tomorrow onwards?
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #411 on: November 16, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »
Had a thought.
Putting off the verdict till maybe tomorrow could be a delay to get police and NG in position.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/70415a293a422e063dba8b948fadc1a364a162d34217ac600986baf1e0013821
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #412 on: November 16, 2021, 07:13:29 PM »
Had a thought.

Maybe they just want another free lunch. When I did jury duty once it was a slam dunk verdict in about 30 seconds but that seemed as though we didn't do any deliberations so as a group we decided to hold off informing them we had a verdict until they fed us one more lunch. The a couple of hours after lunch, but before the traffic picked up we returned our verdict.  =D

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #413 on: November 16, 2021, 07:17:29 PM »
Or they just want another free lunch. :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #414 on: November 16, 2021, 08:28:42 PM »
I was already afraid some jurors might be emotionally compromised from the doxxing threats or even just, "one man's innocence is not worth rioting."

I'm wondering if regardless of the law, some jurors might be making an argument to convict on something, even a lesser charge, even if they know he is innocent, just to appease the mob.

Which, sadly, goes back to what DeSelby mentioned above about "don't wind up in front of a jury". The direction that the US is heading continues to strengthen the "lay low in the boonies" argument.

Yep - the whole “jury nullification” thing works both ways. And to draw it back to dogmush’s world, at the time of Zimmerman FL copped heat for the SYG law and how it stops cases from going to juries, even though it had no role in Zimmerman’s trial - but a heavily politically charged self defense trial seems to be a textbook example of why you’d want this Pre trial, judge only option for shutting down a prosecution.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #415 on: November 16, 2021, 08:46:16 PM »

No, that would be a hung jury, which is a mistrial.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #416 on: November 16, 2021, 08:49:06 PM »
Has anyone posted this link yet? Tucker's take on the trial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2AbfDlhOyc

If it has been posted, I missed it and I apologize.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #417 on: November 16, 2021, 09:06:33 PM »
I'm wondering just how many protesters are in front of the courthouse. And how many of them are professional *expletive deleted*it disturbers, and how many of them are ready to get all "peaceful."
Blog under construction

griz

• friend
« Reply #418 on: November 16, 2021, 09:27:05 PM »
A legal question:  If the judge rules it's a mistrial with prejudice, can the Feds still charge him?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #419 on: November 16, 2021, 09:31:22 PM »
I'm wondering just how many protesters are in front of the courthouse. And how many of them are professional *expletive deleted*it disturbers, and how many of them are ready to get all "peaceful."

What I have been reading in the MSM is all about "far right" groups going there and the potential for violence. What I have seen in images are people holding signs that are decidedly left wing, with slogans that are decidedly not peaceful.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #420 on: November 16, 2021, 09:34:12 PM »
Wow, talk about low

‘This RATIO goes HARD!!!’: More supermodels compare looks with Kyle Rittenhouse’s stupid racist mother
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/16/this-ratio-goes-hard-more-supermodels-compare-looks-with-kyle-rittenhouses-stupid-racist-mother/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #421 on: November 16, 2021, 09:40:33 PM »
How many protesters are in the lynch mob? Or is it just photographic?
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #422 on: November 16, 2021, 11:08:53 PM »

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #423 on: November 16, 2021, 11:24:01 PM »
There was a news story last night that indicated the Governor had the NG staged about 60 miles away from Kenosha - JIC.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2021, 12:37:52 AM »
A legal question:  If the judge rules it's a mistrial with prejudice, can the Feds still charge him?

The Rodney King cops caught federal charges after the jury in the state level case acquitted them.  A mistrial with prejudice is functionally equivalent to an acquittal.  Legally it might be different, but if anything it would make a federal case easier.  So, aside from the complete miscarriage of justice such a case would represent, and the political backlash that they know won’t happen anyway, what’s to stop them?