Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53091 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #450 on: November 17, 2021, 10:42:55 AM »
Every time you save an image in the jpeg format, or any other compressed format jpeg is just the most common, you lose detail and create artifacts.
And many may not realize many video formats are just still jpeg images in series similar to how movie film works.
That why it's best if photoshopping your photos to start from the original if possible if you want the best possible quality.
The way around that is to save in an uncompressed format such as RAW but they're huge. Many cameras will allow you shoot in RAW rather than jpeg or even both at the same time.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 10:55:59 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #451 on: November 17, 2021, 10:58:58 AM »
So if I got this right.
What they're saying is the prosecution took a clear(er) high res video, made a compressed lower res copy or at the very least withheld the higher res ver, then "enhanced" the low res compressed ver, then showed the jury the "enhanced" version and then basically told the jury what they were seeing in the glob of pixels.
Right?
My understanding is that the prosecution got the high res version in the middle of the trial (from the proverbial "evidence fairy"), and shared a low resolution version with the defense.  This was discovered when the defense had their laptop plugged in and the prosecution asked them to play the video.  When they played it the prosecution said it was too low resolution to see what they wanted to show, and the defense said "Well, that's what you gave us ...."

The version the prosecution claims to have enhanced is the high res version, but even at that all they had was a glob of pixels and they told the jury what it showed.  I did not see what they claimed from what they showed.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #452 on: November 17, 2021, 11:15:15 AM »
I just read that the defense has filed a second motion to dismiss with prejudice, based on the prosecution's failure to turn over the high-res version of the drone video.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #453 on: November 17, 2021, 11:28:54 AM »
I am still loving the memes

"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #454 on: November 17, 2021, 11:38:48 AM »
Hocus pocus out of focus

"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

- Lon Horiuchi

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #455 on: November 17, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »

That would make trials a lot more interesting if juries could pull a Uno reversal card and convict an idiot prosecutor of the crime they accuse the defendant of
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #456 on: November 17, 2021, 11:45:27 AM »
What exactly are we looking at there, Dustin?

Its that just an example of the clarity issues, or is that actually from the videos in question?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #457 on: November 17, 2021, 11:47:48 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #458 on: November 17, 2021, 11:52:59 AM »
Those are from the prosecutors version and from the version the prosecutor gave to the defense.

Edit: Defense is live now in court, they didn't even get the full video length. This could point to intentional screwing around. You can't accidently give someone a cut copy.

That is the basis for the most recent motion to dismiss with prejudice.

- Lon Horiuchi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #459 on: November 17, 2021, 11:55:00 AM »
So I'm assuming the jury was only shown the blurry one and the prosecutor told them what they were seeing?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #460 on: November 17, 2021, 11:57:38 AM »
So I'm assuming the jury saw the only the blurry one?

Sounds like it and sounds like the prosecution made sure of that.

To me that should at the very least get a mistrial with prejudice and also in a just world would mean the prosecution team should all be out of jobs and ideally in jail for attempting to use falsified evidence to make their case. Absolute scumbags.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #461 on: November 17, 2021, 12:04:42 PM »
Sounds like it and sounds like the prosecution made sure of that.

To me that should at the very least get a mistrial with prejudice and also in a just world would mean the prosecution team should all be out of jobs and ideally in jail for attempting to use falsified evidence to make their case. Absolute scumbags.

I agree that this should be grounds for a mistrial.  Further - at a minimum, prosecution team should be fired, and the state bar should suspend their licenses pending investigation of misconduct.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #462 on: November 17, 2021, 12:19:14 PM »
82.5k people are watching the Rekieta Law live coverage of the trial right now despite this being day two of deliberations.

- Lon Horiuchi

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #463 on: November 17, 2021, 12:56:36 PM »
So I'm assuming the jury was only shown the blurry one and the prosecutor told them what they were seeing?
Not as I understand it.  The defense got the blurry one and I'm guessing they didn't see anything in it.  The prosecution showed the jury the full resolution version, but even in that version it took their tech working overtime to come up with a blurry mess that they claim is Rittenhouse pointing his gun at the guy who would later fire the first shot in the exchange.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #464 on: November 17, 2021, 01:19:36 PM »
I am NOT an image enhancement expert, but I've messed around with those sort of programs just enough to distrust ANY manipulated/enhanced photos other than - maybe! - NASA's astronomical stuff.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #465 on: November 17, 2021, 01:31:14 PM »
Apparently the judge has slammed the media for "grossly irresponsible handling" of the trial.

Interesting.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #466 on: November 17, 2021, 01:38:48 PM »
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7vub41 29:15 the drone footage in high res has been out forever. It appearing that late in the trial is because the prosecutor was trying to change tactics.

- Lon Horiuchi

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #467 on: November 17, 2021, 01:52:22 PM »
Was Binger ever seen on the set of "Rust"?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #468 on: November 17, 2021, 02:00:37 PM »
Prosecution is now claiming "OMG, they got a compressed version?  It must have happened because they had an Android phone isntead of an iPhone!  We had no idea about how all these technology doohickies work!"

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #469 on: November 17, 2021, 02:01:50 PM »
"If I knew how to change resolution or how any of that works I would have a much better job." - near quote by the bigger prosecutor.

"Technical wizardry!"

There is no way for us to know these things. (I guess file size is rocket surgery)

Defense lady: "4 milibyte(sic) file"

Defense lady destroying ADA.

Judge: High risk strategy for the state, queasy about it.

- Lon Horiuchi

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #470 on: November 17, 2021, 02:06:38 PM »
Prosecution is now claiming "OMG, they got a compressed version?  It must have happened because they had an Android phone isntead of an iPhone!  We had no idea about how all these technology doohickies work!"

So, they're claiming it was a good faith error.

I wonder how that's going to play out with the judge given all of their bad faith missteps during the trial.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #471 on: November 17, 2021, 02:07:42 PM »
Deliberate prosecutorial misconduct by the prosecution team. Every damn one of them need to go to jail for the same length of sentence they are trying to inflict on Rittenhouse.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #472 on: November 17, 2021, 02:20:46 PM »
Frankly, whatever the malfeasance on behalf of the prosecution, if this gets dismissed because of how the prosecution handled this video it would be a cheap win on a technicality.  Even the most enhanced version of the high resolution video doesn't convince me of what the prosecution is trying to sell.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #473 on: November 17, 2021, 02:45:00 PM »
82.5k people are watching the Rekieta Law live coverage of the trial right now despite this being day two of deliberations.

So more than cnn prime time then.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #474 on: November 17, 2021, 02:47:24 PM »
It was 120k a few minutes ago when the the trial was live. A bit less than 100k now.

The theory on the Rekieta Law podcast group chat is the prosecution is trying to help its few assumed hold outs hang the jury.

- Lon Horiuchi