Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53011 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #475 on: November 17, 2021, 03:19:59 PM »
I would call this a clown show but I don't hate clowns that much
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #476 on: November 17, 2021, 03:20:24 PM »
Kyle and his lawyers calling for a normal mistrial.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #477 on: November 17, 2021, 03:31:54 PM »
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7vub41 29:15 the drone footage in high res has been out forever. It appearing that late in the trial is because the prosecutor was trying to change tactics.
The defense mentioned earlier during the argument that they tried to get the drone footage, but either were not able to get it or got something different.  Then the one defense lady said the file name they were initially given was different from the high resolution version they got later plus the file creation times were different.  IMO, either the prosecution was very sloppy in handling evidence copies or deliberately turned over an adjusted copy.  Could they have messed up and turned over the wrong file?  Maybe. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #478 on: November 17, 2021, 03:56:48 PM »
Judge threatened to put the prosecutor under oath to answer questions.

Video stills shows the prosecutor has a copy of handbrake (video editor) on his computer. Prosecutor claims he couldn't have edited anything and doesn't understand anything.

---

Rekieta Media
@RekietaMedia

Krause is filibustering like he's trying to keep the all you can eat buffet open past closing.

"The defense's expert MUST HAVE MISSED that we sent them a lower resolution video..."  ADA Krause.

---

Jury retired for the day, resume 9:00AM central time tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 05:34:45 PM by DustinD »
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

- Lon Horiuchi

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #479 on: November 17, 2021, 05:42:06 PM »

- Lon Horiuchi

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #480 on: November 17, 2021, 06:03:26 PM »
I had been of the opinion that ADA Binger should be disbarred. I have retracted that opinion. I now think he should be publicly drawn and quartered. The man is a disgrace to the legal profession. In fact, he's a disgrace to the human race.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #481 on: November 17, 2021, 06:06:48 PM »
Some minor violence outside the courthouse. Some arrests of BLM people.

- Lon Horiuchi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #482 on: November 17, 2021, 06:50:21 PM »
I had been of the opinion that ADA Binger should be disbarred. I have retracted that opinion. I now think he should be publicly drawn and quartered. The man is a disgrace to the legal profession. In fact, he's a disgrace to the human race.

He's probably at this very moment negotiating a multi million $ book deal and getting his run for congress ready where he'll fit right in. Netflix already has in the works a movie of his life story.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #483 on: November 17, 2021, 07:11:24 PM »
Just how many protesters have been outside that facility?

Because I saw one video that looked to _maybe_ have a couple of dozen at the most.

Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #484 on: November 17, 2021, 07:12:24 PM »

Somebody is in need of a neck stretching
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #485 on: November 17, 2021, 08:22:17 PM »
A lot of people want this hat that Julio Rosas spotted outside the Kenosha County Courthouse
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/17/a-lot-of-people-want-this-hat-that-julio-rosas-spotted-outside-the-kenosha-county-courthouse/

- Calvin and Hobbes

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #486 on: November 17, 2021, 08:42:03 PM »
If the defense lawyers weren’t the next closest thing to useless they’d have someone monitoring the Rekieta law stream. No fewer that five attorneys at any time talking about strategies and motions and objections that should be made. Between withholding evidence, commenting on Kyle’s exercising his fifth amendment right, mentioning other evidence that the judge excluded this should be a mistrial and the prosecutors should be up for review. Defense motioned for a mistrial with prejudice last night, then asked for one without today. They’re just floundering around in a case that should be a slam dunk. It’s arguably the most videoed self defense in history.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #487 on: November 17, 2021, 08:47:47 PM »
In the video, I literally heard, "I din do nuffin!" Sounds like things are going swimmingly.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/17/things-get-tense-outside-the-kenosha-county-courthouse-multiple-arrests-made/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #488 on: November 17, 2021, 09:44:58 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #489 on: November 17, 2021, 10:30:51 PM »
That would make trials a lot more interesting if juries could pull a Uno reversal card and convict an idiot prosecutor of the crime they accuse the defendant of

No, not the same crime but the "crime" of incompetence, malfeasance, and/or fraud.  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #490 on: November 17, 2021, 10:56:56 PM »
That would make trials a lot more interesting if juries could pull a Uno reversal card and convict an idiot prosecutor of the crime they accuse the defendant of

I assume you mean pointing the "murder" weapon at people. Not only is it one of the things they accuse Kyle of, it's also much worse than anything he actually did.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #491 on: November 17, 2021, 11:06:42 PM »
So a lot of us think that the reaction will be muted. What if it isn't? The media has a lot of sunk costs to protect. Besides, if we forget this we then look at the mistrial that is their five years of Russiahoax. Or Ghislaine Maxwell. Or how awesome DC is doing. So there is the usual peaceful arson. Someone responds. The response and the trial is the pretext for a massive fed push on militias as well as a power grab at the courts since they decide wrong. This mess has a really really low chance of sparking a civil war. But it's not zero.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #492 on: November 18, 2021, 12:17:05 AM »
Judge threatened to put the prosecutor under oath to answer questions.

Video stills shows the prosecutor has a copy of handbrake (video editor) on his computer. Prosecutor claims he couldn't have edited anything and doesn't understand anything.

---

Rekieta Media
@RekietaMedia

Krause is filibustering like he's trying to keep the all you can eat buffet open past closing.

"The defense's expert MUST HAVE MISSED that we sent them a lower resolution video..."  ADA Krause.

---

Jury retired for the day, resume 9:00AM central time tomorrow.
The Rekieta law guys commented on the fillibustering that it seemed the longer he talked the more the judge softened about mistrial stuff.  The defense didn't seem to press for mistrial or even act all that upset about the issues.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #493 on: November 18, 2021, 08:55:14 AM »
The Rittenhouse trial is no longer the lead story on the Fox News website.  Hasn't been for two days now.
Their coverage had been non-stop breathless for several days with multiple leads and rolling updates.

With regard to the defense team seemingly dropping the ball, I wonder if they aren't getting a little tired of the whole thing.  Are they working pro bono like Lin Wood was before he dropped out?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

griz

• friend
« Reply #494 on: November 18, 2021, 09:04:57 AM »
The Rittenhouse trial is no longer the lead story on the Fox News website.  Hasn't been for two days now.
Their coverage had been non-stop breathless for several days with multiple leads and rolling updates.

Hard to be breathless when covering deliberation.  When the verdict is announced they, and everybody else, will rush to tell you and claim they were the first to do so.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #495 on: November 18, 2021, 09:15:21 AM »
The Rittenhouse trial is no longer the lead story on the Fox News website. 

I noticed that this morning as well. It's almost like a faucet being turned off. I held my nose and went to CNN and a few other MSM sites as well, and the same thing. Curious.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #496 on: November 18, 2021, 09:25:57 AM »
Probably would be best for all involved if every media outlet took it off their front page but I'm not holding my breath on that happening at CNN, MSNBC etc....
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #497 on: November 18, 2021, 09:34:57 AM »
I noticed that this morning as well. It's almost like a faucet being turned off. I held my nose and went to CNN and a few other MSM sites as well, and the same thing. Curious.

Not curious at all.

What do you expect?

RITTENHOUSE JURY DELIBERATIONS DAY 3 -- THEY'RE STILL SITTING IN A ROOM!

When something happens, it will go back above the electronic fold.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #498 on: November 18, 2021, 09:39:42 AM »

When something happens, it will go back above the electronic fold.

When it's time to riot and loot they'll let you know.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #499 on: November 18, 2021, 09:44:07 AM »
Not curious at all.

What do you expect?

Except while the jury has been sitting in the room, the MSM has been focusing on protestors congregating and almost gleefully talking about the potential for violence. AFAIK, the protestors are still there and crowds are growing, but suddenly it's off the "leads and bleeds" sections of the MSM websites.

If they are dropping coverage to reduce giving publicity and not egging on the potential violence, good on them, but they have in the past not shown such restraint.