Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53753 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #500 on: November 18, 2021, 10:08:24 AM »
So, you're promoting MSNBC to the top of the journalistic heap because they're reporting... minor protests... as if the entire state of Wisconsin is ablaze and Rittenhouse is swinging from a tree in the Kenosha town square?

"If they are dropping coverage to reduce giving publicity and not egging on the potential violence, good on them, but they have in the past not shown such restraint."

They, and other news outlets, are dropping coverage because there are actually other stories going on in the world.

I know, it's hard to comprehend, because the whole outcome of the arc of Western Civilization hinges on whether Kyle Rittenhouse goes free or goes to prison... I mean, that's such a huge story that the verified Second Coming of Jesus shouldn't push it off the top of the electronic fold...

;/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #501 on: November 18, 2021, 10:23:44 AM »
You’re talking about a news organization that kept Gabby  Petito as a headline for four weeks.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #502 on: November 18, 2021, 10:23:52 AM »
I know, it's hard to comprehend, because the whole outcome of the arc of Western Civilization hinges on whether Kyle Rittenhouse goes free or goes to prison... I mean, that's such a huge story that the verified Second Coming of Jesus shouldn't push it off the top of the electronic fold...

;/

Yes, bigger things in the world should push it off the top of the page. My point was that in the past, similar stories haven not been pushed off the front of the page, and have been "overpromoted" in spite of bigger things going on. Suddenly (vs gradually), all the MSM outlets drop it at the same time, when yesterday they were showing videos of protestor fights and talking the burning of Kenosha. So yes, curious.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #503 on: November 18, 2021, 12:10:45 PM »
In the video, I literally heard, "I din do nuffin!" Sounds like things are going swimmingly.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/17/things-get-tense-outside-the-kenosha-county-courthouse-multiple-arrests-made/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/anti-rittenhouse-protestor-body-slams-reporter-arrested-battery

Unsurprisingly, the suspect who body-slammed a reporter was already on bail for some other offense.  He's facing felony bail-jumping and battery, among other charges.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #504 on: November 18, 2021, 12:14:48 PM »
Hung jury for sure now, how else could you talk so long?
AKA Navy Joe   

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #505 on: November 18, 2021, 12:19:29 PM »
Hung jury for sure now, how else could you talk so long?

Hung jury, mistrial, mistrial with prejudice... I don't really care.  The big thing I really care about is the prosecution being held accountable for their bullshit in this trial.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #506 on: November 18, 2021, 12:29:11 PM »
Ah mah gerds! Above the fold! It's above the fold!

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #507 on: November 18, 2021, 12:29:41 PM »
Hung jury, mistrial, mistrial with prejudice... I don't really care.  The big thing I really care about is the prosecution being held accountable for their bullshit in this trial.

Take your pick

1) The prosecutor knows Kyle is innocent and went over the top to trigger a mistrial
2) The prosecutor feels he has to do whatever it takes to convict no matter stupid some of it may appear or they're (you know who) going to burn down his house and/or kill him.
3) He's a moron. I am reminded by how many total morons in congress were/are lawyers.
4) He's a dirt bag. The congress thingy applies here as well.
5) He's a moron and a dirt bag
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #508 on: November 18, 2021, 12:30:45 PM »
Why not both all four?
AKA Navy Joe   

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #509 on: November 18, 2021, 12:31:34 PM »
MSNBC banned from court building after someone claiming to be a reporter for them was harassing the jury bus. Ran a red light to chase the bus down and was filming.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #510 on: November 18, 2021, 12:31:54 PM »
Why not both all four?

I slipped in a fifth
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #511 on: November 18, 2021, 12:46:43 PM »
MSNBC banned from court building after someone claiming to be a reporter for them was harassing the jury bus. Ran a red light to chase the bus down and was filming.

Sweet....

My guess is that they'll file a writ to have that ruling overturned by the end of the day.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #512 on: November 18, 2021, 12:47:54 PM »
I slipped in a fifth
4 out of 5 will still work.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #513 on: November 18, 2021, 12:49:20 PM »
And be sure to swing by and check out the MSNBC home page...

They are still DEEP in the throes of Trump Derangement Syndrome...

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #514 on: November 18, 2021, 01:30:23 PM »
Says he was instructed to follow the jury bus.

Schroeder said the man who identified himself as "James J. Morrison," a producer with @MSNBC said was instructed by "Irene Byon"

A quick search of her name shows she's a booking producer with @NBCNews

— Andrew Havranek (@Andrew_Havranek) November 18, 2021

But

Judge Schroeder is going to make a statement this morning about an arrest being made by Kenosha PD after a #KyleRitthenhouse juror/jurors were followed by someone who claimed to work for NBC or MSNBC. Those outlets apparently say the person does not work for them @LawCrimeNetwork

— Angenette Levy (@Angenette5) November 18, 2021
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/18/an-extremely-serious-matter-judge-bruce-schroeder-says-purported-nbc-news-producer-followed-rittenhouse-juror-bus-bars-nbc-msnbc-from-courtroom-video/
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #515 on: November 18, 2021, 01:33:01 PM »
Ah mah gerds! Above the fold! It's above the fold!

:rofl:

I see that.  I am disappoint.  It's got to be some kind of plot, I tells ya'!   [tinfoil]   :P

Seriously, I just thought it was curious how the coverage had been deemphasized when they had so been breathless before, even after deliberations had started.

edit to fix buggered up grammmmerz
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 01:45:44 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #516 on: November 18, 2021, 01:39:09 PM »

A little more detail:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/rittenhouse-judge-bans-msnbc-from-courtroom-after-person-accused-of-trailing-jury-bus/ar-AAQRJoP

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #517 on: November 18, 2021, 01:41:51 PM »
" they had so breathless before"

They obviously ran out of breath!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #518 on: November 18, 2021, 01:46:17 PM »
" they had so breathless before"

They obviously ran out of breath!

That could explain it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #519 on: November 18, 2021, 01:58:32 PM »
After Kraus admits their version is better he tries to make excuses. Afterwards its a huge excuse train. Kraus blames a list of other people.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

- Lon Horiuchi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #520 on: November 18, 2021, 02:49:12 PM »
Nothing to see here because it's totally normal for reporters to do this.
Well so is murder for some people.

Perspective: Court TV correspondent who knows James J. Morrison just said a reporter following a jury bus is a long-standing practice by news outlets in big trials to get info on juror panel so news outlets can reach out to jurors quickly after verdict. "Happens all the time."

— Steve Lookner (@lookner) November 18, 2021
    Court TV correspondent says he doesn't want to defend the practice, and acknowledges some people might think it's despicable. Says when a reporter follows a jury bus they're looking for the jurors' license plates so they can get their contact info to contact them after verdict.

— Steve Lookner (@lookner) November 18, 2021
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/18/happens-all-the-time-purported-court-tv-correspondent-says-its-totally-normal-for-reporters-to-follow-jury-buses-to-get-their-license-plate-numbers/
- Calvin and Hobbes

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 09:28:35 PM by DustinD »

- Lon Horiuchi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #522 on: November 18, 2021, 08:06:52 PM »
Looks like everyone involved in the bus chase are trying to cover their tracks

Journo Who Ordered Doxxing Of Jurors In Kyle Rittenhouse Case On The Run!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71g-48BBjHw
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #523 on: November 18, 2021, 08:40:53 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #524 on: November 18, 2021, 10:29:39 PM »

No.  Not in my adult lifetime, anyway.