Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53029 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #525 on: November 18, 2021, 10:37:26 PM »
Fits a pattern

One of the two protesters arrested outside the Kenosha courthouse – the man seen wearing a "F*** Kyle" t-shirt as officers took him into custody – is facing charges related to bail jumping, meaning he has a prior criminal record, Fox News Digital has learned.

Anti-Rittenhouse protestor body-slams reporter outside Kenosha courthouse, arrested for battery
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/anti-rittenhouse-protestor-body-slams-reporter-outside-kenosha-courthouse-arrested-for-battery/ar-AAQRGg7?ocid=msedgntp
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #526 on: November 19, 2021, 07:39:09 AM »
No.  Not in my adult lifetime, anyway.

That's part of the meme.  :facepalm:

This should really be another topic, but once again the left has hijacked the term and changed its meaning.

https://www.thoughtco.com/classical-liberalism-definition-4774941

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #527 on: November 19, 2021, 11:20:11 AM »
Maybe it's just because there's nothing else going on with the case at the moment, but a lot of people taking issue with this:
In the Kyle Rittenhouse murder trial, Judge Schroeder granted the request of “a female juror” to bring home a full set of the court’s instructions on the law when he once again ended the trial day before dusk on the third day of deliberations.
A good judge would have either sent the jurors out of the room or taken the lawyers to a sidebar where the request could be discussed without the jurors being apprised of which side was objecting and why. (For that matter, a good judge would not have needed input from the lawyers to understand why a request of this sort should be politely denied.) Schroeder, by contrast, pondered the matter in his ponderous way and foolishly agreed to the request without asking for counsels’ positions.
That is, Schroeder first made the bad decision and only then made a record about why it was a bad decision. When he noted the defense lawyers’ apparent but muted disapproval when the juror made the request, Mark Richards, one of Rittenhouse’s attorneys, opined that the jurors might do an Internet research on the instructions.
The proper objection would have been that the jury is supposed to deliberate as a jury.

While I agree with the later points he makes about keeping them longer or sequestering them, taking the instructions doesn't seem unreasonable. Are you really not supposed to even think about a case without the rest of the jury being present? Maybe it's because I've never been on a jury, but it just doesn't seem like a big deal.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #528 on: November 19, 2021, 12:03:00 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #529 on: November 19, 2021, 12:15:00 PM »
Verdict comes today while Kamala is President . Dark green helicopters everywhere.....  [tinfoil] I get my foil at Costco, got plenty
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #530 on: November 19, 2021, 12:21:02 PM »
Maybe it's just because there's nothing else going on with the case at the moment, but a lot of people taking issue with this:
While I agree with the later points he makes about keeping them longer or sequestering them, taking the instructions doesn't seem unreasonable. Are you really not supposed to even think about a case without the rest of the jury being present? Maybe it's because I've never been on a jury, but it just doesn't seem like a big deal.

If anything, I think I'd argue the opposite.  Justice is probably best served if, after discussing matters with other jurors, each member was able to take some time alone to think about it and process the situation for themselves.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #531 on: November 19, 2021, 12:23:36 PM »
Correia has a post that jurors mentioned the media coverage when entering the court today. So much for not watching the news.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #532 on: November 19, 2021, 12:47:02 PM »
Drop kick man fully identified with identity released. Said he offered to testify for the prosecution, prosecutors claimed they never spoke to him and didn't know who he was.

Video of Kyle and car lot owners surfaces, goes against the prosecutor's claim.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #533 on: November 19, 2021, 01:08:50 PM »
##  Verdict in, about to be read  ##

Not guilty!!
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #534 on: November 19, 2021, 01:14:25 PM »
Not guilty across the board.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #535 on: November 19, 2021, 01:16:26 PM »
Let the festivities begin!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #536 on: November 19, 2021, 01:17:29 PM »

You mean, "peaceful demonstrations."

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #537 on: November 19, 2021, 01:18:29 PM »
You mean, "peaceful demonstrations."

Potato Potatoe
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #538 on: November 19, 2021, 01:19:51 PM »

Yup.  Some folks will be getting a head start on their Christmas shopping.

Also, let the defamation lawsuits begin.  There is a long list of potential defendants.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #539 on: November 19, 2021, 01:24:21 PM »
We can’t even begin to imagine how Kyle Rittenhouse is feeling right now.

But one thing’s for sure:

I hope Wisconsin has terrible weather this weekend.

— Noam Blum (@neontaster) November 19, 2021
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/19/breaking-kyle-rittenhouse-found-not-guilty-on-all-counts/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #540 on: November 19, 2021, 01:29:49 PM »
I have almost no doubt Biden and members of congress will be characterizing this as a miscarriage of justice and federal hate crime charges are filed.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #541 on: November 19, 2021, 01:31:19 PM »
Wow! I was expecting at least some not guilty verdicts on some stuff, but really was afraid they were still going to pop him on some lesser charge (even though he wasn't guilty) to attempt to appease the mob. Good for Kyle.

Good on this jury. I feel bad for them now though - they will definitely need some protection for a while, and I hope they don't end up getting fired from jobs or other cancel culture stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #542 on: November 19, 2021, 01:33:22 PM »
MSNBC and CNN printed their addresses yet?
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #543 on: November 19, 2021, 01:34:43 PM »
Took freaking long enough!!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #544 on: November 19, 2021, 01:41:59 PM »
Pleasantly surprised.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #545 on: November 19, 2021, 01:45:09 PM »
I am absolutely gob smacked. Very glad to see almost actual "justice" for a change. Actual justice would have happened if his acts would have been recognized as the self defense they were and he had not been charged in the first place.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #546 on: November 19, 2021, 01:49:14 PM »
Hopefully the feds will not charge him and escalate the persecution.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #547 on: November 19, 2021, 01:53:27 PM »
I am surprised: I thought it would be a mixed bag of not guilty on the major charges and guilty on the lesser ones (counts 2 and 3).

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #548 on: November 19, 2021, 01:54:48 PM »
I’m in downtown Chicago until Sunday morning. Police all over in groups of 4-8. So far, the natives are calm. Tomorrow night is the big holiday parade on Michigan ave and the streets will be packed. I will be sequestered with a bottle of wine and watching from the 25th floor of the Marriott
What we have here is failure to communicate.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #549 on: November 19, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »
Rats usually come out at night
- Calvin and Hobbes