Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 54025 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #550 on: November 19, 2021, 02:00:41 PM »
Jen Psaki, as a representative of the White House, calls for "peaceful protests" for the US legal process doing what it was supposed to do, because the White House doesn't like the result.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/19/before-kyle-rittenhouse-was-declared-not-guilty-jen-psaki-said-wh-called-for-peaceful-protests-so-what-happens-now/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #551 on: November 19, 2021, 02:08:47 PM »
A black acquaintance of mine has a funny take on Rittenhouse and self defense.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #552 on: November 19, 2021, 02:09:53 PM »
So, much like when Trump at his Jan 6th rally told everyone to be peaceful Biden should now be held personally responsible for any rioting after the Rittenhouse verdict.
I'm also concerned that this may signal impending federal intervention in the case.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #553 on: November 19, 2021, 02:22:49 PM »
So, much like when Trump at his Jan 6th rally told everyone to be peaceful Biden should now be held personally responsible for any rioting after the Rittenhouse verdict.
I'm also concerned that this may signal impending federal intervention in the case.

I can't think of anything federal they could go after him for, except maybe firearm straw purchase.  Even though he Crossed State Linesâ„¢, he didn't do so for any unlawful purpose so what difference does it make (Mann Act?)
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #554 on: November 19, 2021, 02:24:15 PM »
I can't think of anything federal they could go after him for, except maybe firearm straw purchase.  Even though he Crossed State Linesâ„¢, he didn't do so for any unlawful purpose so what difference does it make (Mann Act?)

They will find something, even if they have to make it up out of whole cloth.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

- Lon Horiuchi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #556 on: November 19, 2021, 02:28:22 PM »
And the ACLU has weighed in:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/19/aclu-paints-kyle-rittenhouse-not-guilty-verdict-as-a-victory-for-dangerous-disgusting-unacceptable-white-supremacy/

If riots start, it will be because of the White House, the MSM, and big tech, especially Twitter.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #557 on: November 19, 2021, 02:35:20 PM »
The White House calls for "peaceful protests":

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/19/before-kyle-rittenhouse-was-declared-not-guilty-jen-psaki-said-wh-called-for-peaceful-protests-so-what-happens-now/

I presume that "peaceful protest" is a dog whistle for rioting.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #558 on: November 19, 2021, 02:40:28 PM »
Turned on a live feed.  :facepalm: Whole lot of stupid being said.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #559 on: November 19, 2021, 02:41:08 PM »
And the ACLU has weighed in:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/11/19/aclu-paints-kyle-rittenhouse-not-guilty-verdict-as-a-victory-for-dangerous-disgusting-unacceptable-white-supremacy/

If riots start, it will be because of the White House, the MSM, and big tech, especially Twitter.

Must be confusing this with some other trial
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #560 on: November 19, 2021, 02:45:44 PM »
You could tell as the verdicts were being read the first one didn’t quite sink in right away.  By the third he was doing everything he could to hold his composure, and after the final one was read he instantly lost it.  The emotions of his whole life suddenly flowing back to him must have been incredible and overwhelming.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #561 on: November 19, 2021, 02:47:58 PM »
I am surprised: I thought it would be a mixed bag of not guilty on the major charges and guilty on the lesser ones (counts 2 and 3).

Honest question.  Was that what though would happen, or what you thought should happen?  I was in the former camp for quite a while myself, especially as the deliberations dragged on into today.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #562 on: November 19, 2021, 02:50:53 PM »
The Wisconsin Lt Governor weighed in. This should help keep things calm:

Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes, who is Black and a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate, reacted bitterly to the outcome.

“Over the last few weeks, many dreaded the outcome we just witnessed," Barnes said. "The presumption of innocence until proven guilty is what we should expect from our judicial system, but that standard is not always applied equally. We have seen so many black and brown youth killed, only to be put on trial posthumously, while the innocence of Kyle Rittenhouse was virtually demanded by the judge.”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #563 on: November 19, 2021, 02:51:15 PM »
Hope they sue the pants off many MSM outlets.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #564 on: November 19, 2021, 02:52:56 PM »
Brady United blames the gun lobby

Brady United on the Rittenhouse Verdict: It Was the Gun Lobby’s Fault
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/brady-united-on-the-rittenhouse-verdict-it-was-the-gun-lobbys-fault/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #565 on: November 19, 2021, 02:56:26 PM »
Whole lot of stupid

The Left's Unhinged Reaction to Justice in the Rittenhouse Trial Has Begun
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/11/19/the-lefts-unhinged-reaction-to-justice-in-the-rittenhouse-trial-has-begun-n2599380
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #566 on: November 19, 2021, 02:57:08 PM »
Quote from: Joe Biden
I stand by what the jury has concluded. The jury system works, and we have to abide by it.
:O Still on drugs from the colonoscopy ?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #567 on: November 19, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #568 on: November 19, 2021, 02:59:20 PM »
Quote from: Joe Biden

I stand by what the jury has concluded. The jury system works, and we have to abide by it.
:O Still on drugs from the colonoscopy ?
Wait, what? Did he actually say that?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #569 on: November 19, 2021, 03:03:14 PM »
I wonder if the prosecutions plan all along was to force a mistrial?

There was such an overwhelming amount of evidence that the actual encounter(s) were self defense, what else could they have been thinking?

That means the judge and to a lesser extent the defense didn't take the bait despite the prosecutions provocations.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #570 on: November 19, 2021, 03:05:59 PM »

Wait, what? Did he actually say that?

I haven't seen video, but it's been reported by multiple places now.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #571 on: November 19, 2021, 03:06:58 PM »
Well I'll be. Must of gotten away from his handlers for a bit.
Color me shocked

President Biden stands by jury ruling in Kyle Rittenhouse trial

President Biden said he stands by what the jury concluded in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, which declared Rittenhouse not guilty on all charges filed against him.

President Biden made the statement while responding to past comments by Joe Biden's then-presidential campaign which compared Rittenhouse to a White supremacist.
https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/rittenhouse-trial-jury
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #572 on: November 19, 2021, 03:47:07 PM »
Well I'll be. Must of gotten away from his handlers for a bit.
Color me shocked
https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/rittenhouse-trial-jury

Maybe the handlers got coloscopies as well.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #573 on: November 19, 2021, 03:51:12 PM »
    “He was acting weird, he was acting funny when I tried to talk to him before so I was on alert because I perceived a threat.”

He perceived a threat from an unarmed man who was running AWAY from him.

He hunted HIM yet thought HE was a threat.

This is being black in #AmeriKKKa.

— yvette nicole brown (@YNB) November 18, 2021

:O
- Calvin and Hobbes

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
« Reply #574 on: November 19, 2021, 03:55:02 PM »

- Lon Horiuchi