Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53037 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #625 on: November 19, 2021, 09:34:55 PM »
Range report on the Rittenhouse Rye:   Quite good, makes a nice spicey old fashioned.

Rittenhouse is not on my "straight sippin' whiskey" list, but it's very good in Old-fashioneds and Sazeracs. The first time I had it was in a Sazerac in a speakeasy.

Idaho State Liquor shows a bunch available locally. At 25 bucks a bottle, I should go get a bottle to support the team.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #626 on: November 19, 2021, 09:45:23 PM »
It's interesting watching all the commie governors and commie big city mayors from states that are not Wisconsin all coming out and screaming that we need to do something about this verdict. A verdict in a legal trial, by a jury that obviously took this seriously enough to deliberate for three days, and knowing that it could have been easier to just ignore the evidence and find him guilty to appease the mob and protect their own lives.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #627 on: November 19, 2021, 09:45:50 PM »
From the live feed
The bullets that went into Rosenbaum were meant for a black man.
  :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #628 on: November 19, 2021, 10:08:57 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #629 on: November 19, 2021, 10:18:06 PM »
It's interesting watching all the commie governors and commie big city mayors from states that are not Wisconsin all coming out and screaming that we need to do something about this verdict. A verdict in a legal trial, by a jury that obviously took this seriously enough to deliberate for three days, and knowing that it could have been easier to just ignore the evidence and find him guilty to appease the mob and protect their own lives.

I agree, this has been bothering me today too.

For all those governors, mayors, representatives, etc that are making comments saying this is a "miscarriage of justice", etc; I'd really like to know exactly what about this trial or the justice system of having trials by peers they think constitutes a "miscarriage of justice".

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #630 on: November 19, 2021, 10:20:32 PM »
"White Privilege" now has a new name.

This article is not surprising on multiple levels.  "Woke", "Liberal", "Female", "PoC", self-righteous, hypocrite, etc.  :facepalm:

https://news.yahoo.com/rittenhouse-verdict-sets-legal-precedent-184324203.html
  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #631 on: November 19, 2021, 10:26:39 PM »
I wonder how much of the doctrinaire Left's outrage is the fact that we now have a very high-profile example of someone defending themselves with an AR-15. And they helped make it famous.

Even if the hard Left, and gun control true believers will never admit it was self-defense, millions of people will never again believe that ARs are nothing but mass murder machines or LARPer toys.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #632 on: November 19, 2021, 11:18:18 PM »

Why am I just now learning that Kenosha Kid is a music group?

https://kenoshakid.bandcamp.com/music

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #633 on: November 19, 2021, 11:45:05 PM »
As much as he wants to become a nurse, I think he should really think long and hard about the military.  Or, if wokeness wasn’t infesting the military I’d suggest that.  He’d make one heck of an NCO, especially in a combat role. 

And as wise as laying low would normally be, it might behoove him to take advantage of the money making opportunities available right now.  A few years from now the interest won’t be nearly as much.  That $2mil bail fund is unlikely to wind up in his hands, so the speaking circuit, paid interviews, book/movie deals (as a consultant if not subject), etc could be very lucrative.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #634 on: November 20, 2021, 12:49:54 AM »
Would you trust the current military leadership to leave him alone? 

He will figure something out.  There are people out there who would give him a job.  He may have more trouble than most in finding those opportunities.  Give it 6 months or a year and see how much publicity still follows him.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #635 on: November 20, 2021, 12:59:32 AM »
Jury acquits Gifford man who claimed self-defense after girlfriend killed by sheriff's SWAT team in 2017 raid
https://news.yahoo.com/jury-acquits-gifford-man-claimed-195415308.html

A separate case, but I saw someone point this one out as another case where a man was acquitted.  Only this man was black and he actually shot at police.  So self defense isn't just a white thing. 

It does look like he was tagged for a felon in possession charge. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JN01

• friend
« Reply #636 on: November 20, 2021, 01:01:49 AM »
        OMG!!! such fun.

I'M ENJOYING IT SO MUCH

important to recall, they will try to use the hoi polloi anger to pass a ton more gun law be prepared.

They will want to close the "self defense loophole".

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #637 on: November 20, 2021, 01:02:15 AM »
This kid should make enough from defamation lawsuits over the next couple of years that his entire extended family will live like Midas. Nick Sandman has already reached out to him, and the lawyer that first got the OSHA rule stopped is offering to go after Biden for him. He’ll never have a normal life, might as well have a comfortable one.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #638 on: November 20, 2021, 01:06:33 AM »
   oh man, it's hysterically funny, watching me liberal friends on FB.
If I had more energy I would be having a blast.
Frankly, after it all boils over and they forget, I am worried that they successfully use this against gun owners.
    BUT, IS IS SO FUNNY WATCHING the stupid FREAK OUT.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #639 on: November 20, 2021, 01:13:38 AM »
This kid should make enough from defamation lawsuits over the next couple of years that his entire extended family will live like Midas. Nick Sandman has already reached out to him, and the lawyer that first got the OSHA rule stopped is offering to go after Biden for him. He’ll never have a normal life, might as well have a comfortable one.
Considering he just went through a criminal case, I don't know if the media has the same liability with this case versus Sandman.  With Sandman, the media fabricated the whole story out of thin air and essentially attacked and publicized a 16 year old minor who did nothing wrong (and they knew it).  I think that is why Sandman is getting settlements as his case won't be so easy to fight.  I don't know if Kyle will get the same result as his case was very public. 

Zimmerman sued NBC (I think) who edited the 911 recording to make him look racist and guilty.  His lawsuit got tossed, but I don't remember if there was some reason that happened.   

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #640 on: November 20, 2021, 01:52:23 AM »
Yeah, as despicable as the media has been with Rittenhouse I don’t think he’ll get anywhere with suing the media.  Maybe the ones that have kept pushing the lies even after the evidence was reported in court.  But, e.g. the Young Turks walked back their BS during the trial.  They’re probably pretty safe from Kyle, unfortunately. 

Kyles best bet will be paid speeches and interviews and such.  If were his lawyer I’d advise him not to count on getting settlements, and to make use of such opportunities while his 15 minutes last.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #641 on: November 20, 2021, 07:03:38 AM »
Seen at the protest graffiti. “All cops are Kyles.” Guys, please think this over. You had a much better chance of survival when they were just bastards. The murder death kill stats are about to be lit.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #642 on: November 20, 2021, 07:27:37 AM »
Jury acquits Gifford man who claimed self-defense after girlfriend killed by sheriff's SWAT team in 2017 raid
https://news.yahoo.com/jury-acquits-gifford-man-claimed-195415308.html

A separate case, but I saw someone point this one out as another case where a man was acquitted.  Only this man was black and he actually shot at police.  So self defense isn't just a white thing. 

It does look like he was tagged for a felon in possession charge.

And in THIS instance, the cops were actually raiding his place with a WARRANT! I still don't understand...
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #643 on: November 20, 2021, 07:30:41 AM »
It has been a LONG time since the classes, but...

I see falsehoods, and I see malice. Hence, I see libel.

And grounds for a suit.

Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #644 on: November 20, 2021, 07:53:32 AM »
Plenty of links for people to find and look at, but it appears "peaceful protests" are spreading, most in the usual places. At this point, in places like Portland and Oakland, I'm almost gleeful to see them burn their own city down. It seems to be what they want.

From Oakland:

If you make the pedo your "hero", I hope you get run over by a bus.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #645 on: November 20, 2021, 08:24:31 AM »
Also, I've read at least a half dozen articles now where this was an "unfair" trial because the defendant was white and the jury was predominately white. Why do I never hear about "unfairness" when it's a POC defendant and the jury is predominately POC? I certainly hear complaints when the defendant is POC and the jury is predominately white, yet for Kyle, they want a POC jury for "fairness".
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 08:39:45 AM by Ben »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #646 on: November 20, 2021, 08:35:57 AM »
Should have been a jury of wise Latinas, obviously.

Oh, I mean Latinxs. Latinxes? Latinxi? Maybe it's Latinxen, like "oxen."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #647 on: November 20, 2021, 08:46:23 AM »
It has been a LONG time since the classes, but...

I see falsehoods, and I see malice. Hence, I see libel.

And grounds for a suit.

The problem with suing the media is they can claim, with enough plausibility to fend off a suit, that they were just reporting on what the prosecutors were saying.  Sandmann won all his settlements largely because there wasn’t any crime, let alone criminal charges or trial, so they didn’t get that cloak to cover themselves from liability.  The prosecution has nearly impenetrable immunity from liability when acting officially. 

Where Kyle might have a case worth pursuing will be with those media outlets that continue to make blatant false claims even now that the trial is over and he was acquitted. 

While Biden’s comments post verdict were vile, suing him successfully will be very difficult.  By now Kyle a “public figure” which means proving actual malice to win a lawsuit.  All Biden has to say is that he disagrees with the legality of what Kyle did, but [NPR voice] clearly [/NPR voice] wasn’t malicious in nature.  How many courts will smack Biden with a clue-x-4 over that?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #648 on: November 20, 2021, 08:55:20 AM »
Here's what CNN has to say about "the two men killed and the 'sole survivor' ". Rosenbaum was just an innocent guy in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the one line about his multiple instances of child molestation were written as "sexual conduct".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/01/us/kyle-rittenhouse-shooting-victims-trial/index.html

Oh, and they have this right under the above article:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/20/us/angry-white-men-trials-blake-cec/index.html

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #649 on: November 20, 2021, 08:58:37 AM »
Many MSM outlets especially MSNBC are still running with many of the same proven false narratives they were before the trial. They think they're immune from any consequences and are still trying to inflame riots and a full on race war. Time to let them know just how wrong they are.
- Calvin and Hobbes