Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53008 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #650 on: November 20, 2021, 09:05:30 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #651 on: November 20, 2021, 09:28:51 AM »
Jury acquits Gifford man who claimed self-defense after girlfriend killed by sheriff's SWAT team in 2017 raid
https://news.yahoo.com/jury-acquits-gifford-man-claimed-195415308.html

A separate case, but I saw someone point this one out as another case where a man was acquitted.  Only this man was black and he actually shot at police.  So self defense isn't just a white thing. 

It does look like he was tagged for a felon in possession charge.

And in THIS instance, the cops were actually raiding his place with a WARRANT! I still don't understand...

Somewhat similar to the Breonna Taylor case here in Louisville.
But in this case her boyfriend, a felon, open fire on the still outside police through the door AFTER they knocked and IDed themselves* striking one. The police returned fire and the reason she was struck was because he was firing from behind her in the hallway at the time. Despite the fact he was a felon with a gun and had fired on police striking one he was let go due to political pressure
The police were at time looking for her other boyfriend a drug dealer.

*Confirmed by some of her neighbors

The street narrative is that the police just barged in and shot her in bed just because Completely counter to what witnesses and evidence say happened
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 10:43:27 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #652 on: November 20, 2021, 10:01:20 AM »
Jury acquits Gifford man who claimed self-defense after girlfriend killed by sheriff's SWAT team in 2017 raid
https://news.yahoo.com/jury-acquits-gifford-man-claimed-195415308.html

A separate case, but I saw someone point this one out as another case where a man was acquitted.  Only this man was black and he actually shot at police.  So self defense isn't just a white thing. 

It does look like he was tagged for a felon in possession charge.

The difference between a no-knock and an announced dynamic entry raid is a whisper in a hallway at 3AM.

That bullshit has to stop.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #653 on: November 20, 2021, 10:17:16 AM »
The difference between a no-knock and an announced dynamic entry raid is a whisper in a hallway at 3AM.

That bullshit has to stop.

In the Taylor case several witnesses (her neighbors)  have stated the police did knock and ID themselves, the boyfriend then started shooting through the door.
Wasn't clear about that fact above so I added it. 
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #654 on: November 20, 2021, 11:06:06 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #655 on: November 20, 2021, 11:17:53 AM »

And in THIS instance, the cops were actually raiding his place with a WARRANT! I still don't understand...

I have never understood the concept of "serving" a warrant by smashing your way into a residence at oh-dark-thirty, rather than knocking on the door like a civilized person and displaying a copy of the warrant so the occupant(s) can read it and verify that it's a legal warrant. It's one thing to do a no-knock warrant "service" when trying to apprehend an armed and known violent felon. It's uncalled for when searching for inanimate objects.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #656 on: November 20, 2021, 12:15:12 PM »
New Headlines on MSNBC this morning. If they're not actively trying incite riots and start a race war then what are they doing?

Malcolm Nance: White nationalists are high-fiving over the Rittenhouse verdict

Where the prosecutor in the Rittenhouse case went wrong, according to a civil rights lawyer

The judicial system 'was designed to do exactly what it did' for Rittenhouse

The Rittenhouse verdict exposes how America's become more comfortable with violence

Why Kyle Rittenhouse's not guilty verdict actually makes perfect sense. (The article makes it clear what they mean by that)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 12:33:01 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #657 on: November 20, 2021, 12:36:36 PM »
The judicial system 'was designed to do exactly what it did' for Rittenhouse

So the judicial system was designed to harass an obviously innocent young man (a white man for our racist friends on the left), while failing to punish a criminal who illegally had and illegally used a firearm, and another creep that admitted to assault, apparently. Such breathtaking insight from MSNBC...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #658 on: November 20, 2021, 02:26:27 PM »
omg I am friends with one of Bob's Dylans girlfriends , she is in her seventies and all her friends are hollywood and Rock elite..
I'm having so much fun. I am remaining calm,nice, and asking them questions and their screaming and pulling out their hair LOL LOL.
 she wants to block me but we have been friends since the seventies and can't, bwaahahahahahah.
 Asking hollywood and rocks elites to defend their evil , without their writers and advisors is such a hoot!!
its really enjoyable!!
They're really freaking out. they have a lot of power so it scares me a bit.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #659 on: November 20, 2021, 02:37:46 PM »

Shouldn't that be at least 7 shots?  ;)

bob

grampster

• friend
« Reply #660 on: November 20, 2021, 02:40:03 PM »
Somewhat similar to the Breonna Taylor case here in Louisville.
But in this case her boyfriend, a felon, open fire on the still outside police through the door AFTER they knocked and IDed themselves* striking one. The police returned fire and the reason she was struck was because he was firing from behind her in the hallway at the time. Despite the fact he was a felon with a gun and had fired on police striking one he was let go due to political pressure
The police were at time looking for her other boyfriend a drug dealer.

*Confirmed by some of her neighbors

The street narrative is that the police just barged in and shot her in bed just because Completely counter to what witnesses and evidence say happened

City Officials here in Grand Rapids, Mi. even named a street after Taylor.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #661 on: November 20, 2021, 02:47:08 PM »
Lots of people are suddenly "clarifying" stuff since the not guilty verdict. Here's Gofundme:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/11/20/damage-control-allow-gofundme-to-clarify-something-in-light-of-the-rittenhouse-trial-result/

I actually don't remember exactly what happened with them and the Rittenhouse Gofundme, but their "clarification" is not believable to me. I'm betting there are a bunch more Gofundmes besides the examples in the link that were used to collect money for someone defending themselves in court after being accused of a violent crime. They are just politically acceptable recipients.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #662 on: November 20, 2021, 03:36:58 PM »
... and the memes keep coming:

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #663 on: November 20, 2021, 04:04:41 PM »
City Officials here in Grand Rapids, Mi. even named a street after Taylor.

I haven't even said anything about what the MSM covers up about her.

She was forced out of her paramedic job for stealing drugs from hospitals and other reported infractions.
Was reportedly running BF #1's drug business while he was in jail.
Was a murder suspect.
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #664 on: November 20, 2021, 04:20:32 PM »
I haven't even said anything about what the MSM covers up about her.

She was forced out of her paramedic job for stealing drugs from hospitals and other reported infractions.
Was reportedly running BF #1's drug business while he was in jail.
Was a murder suspect.

1) When the left gets a purely innocent victim (like I think John Crawford III was) they couldn't care less.  They only want "victims" who the right will reject because what they really want is controversy not justice.

2) I am not really familiar with the Taylor case, but her past is irrelevant if the cops that shot her didn't know it (and is probably irrelevant if they did.)  After the fact, maybe the world is a better place without her in it; again irrelevant to the case but maybe consolation to the ones involved.
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #665 on: November 20, 2021, 04:41:37 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #666 on: November 20, 2021, 04:44:35 PM »
Live feed from Chicago
Holding up a banner "End The Trump Era"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LR-SZmp4oM
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #667 on: November 20, 2021, 04:55:20 PM »

(Raylan Givens approves)
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #668 on: November 20, 2021, 04:55:55 PM »
1) When the left gets a purely innocent victim (like I think John Crawford III was) they couldn't care less.  They only want "victims" who the right will reject because what they really want is controversy not justice.

2) I am not really familiar with the Taylor case, but her past is irrelevant if the cops that shot her didn't know it (and is probably irrelevant if they did.)  After the fact, maybe the world is a better place without her in it; again irrelevant to the case but maybe consolation to the ones involved.

The biggest thing the police did wrong in this is firing blindly back into the apartment not knowing her BF was apparently firing from behind her in the hallway. Take from that what you will about the BF. And yes the police can be faulted for firing blindly.
There is some question about how the warrant was obtained but it's all been too shrouded in a fog of distortions and lies to tell what's true what's not.
The media keeps making hay about it being a no-knock warrant but apparently they didn't use that way and it is confirmed by her neighbors they did knock and IDed themselves as police before the BF started firing through the door.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #669 on: November 20, 2021, 06:02:58 PM »

- Barack Obama

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #670 on: November 20, 2021, 07:09:14 PM »
When you're talking to them, and the first thing that you say is... "Yeah, well, first this baby raper was coming after the kid and trying to grab his firearm..."

They get confused.

"Well, yeah - the guy had a record. With kids. If he had gotten that AR-15, what do  you think he planned to do with it?"

They get more confused.

Open their minds.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #671 on: November 20, 2021, 07:09:36 PM »
Now we have to hear from this racist jackass as well?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/20/white-supremacy-cannot-be-reformed-colin-kaepernick-says-the-rittenhouse-verdict-validates-the-need-to-abolish-our-current-system/

A couple of the better comments:

Yet you applauded that same system when it convicted Derek Chauvin.

You'd think this guy would be more upset about a white guy running around shouting the n-word at everybody than a case of white-on-white crime.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #672 on: November 20, 2021, 07:13:12 PM »
Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-CA): “America today: you can break the law, carry around weapons built for a military, shoot and kill people, and get away with it. That’s the message we’ve just sent to armed vigilantes across the nation.”

Pretty sure that's a basic right enshrined in our constitution, but I guess it bothers some people.

Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D-IL): “Carrying a loaded gun into a community 20 miles from your home and shooting unarmed citizens is fundamentally wrong.”

No, not really. Funny that you put it that way, though. You'd be OK with Kyle popping green card workers from his windowsill at home?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 07:44:31 PM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #673 on: November 20, 2021, 07:55:55 PM »
Oops - I just figured out a way to crank it up a notch...

"skinhead baby raper."

There. That's gonna be SO much better...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #674 on: November 20, 2021, 08:46:45 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes