Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53002 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #725 on: November 24, 2021, 04:13:49 PM »
Nope. Not legal to carry pistol, sbr, or sbs under 18.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/60/3/c

So carrying a big, scary-looking rifle was actually a very sensible means of protecting himself in the dangerous situation created by Rosenbaum, et al.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #726 on: November 24, 2021, 04:19:02 PM »
Will they be offering counseling services after the Arbery verdict?
Yeah, I know the answer to that

Best Buy offers employees counseling services after the Rittenhouse verdict
https://thepostmillennial.com/best-buy-offers-employees-counseling-services-after-the-rittenhouse-verdict

It would be nice if everyone who showed up wanted to work through their outrage and grief at an innocent young man being attacked, vilified, and nearly railroaded. A fella can dream...

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #727 on: November 24, 2021, 04:41:31 PM »
Did someone just red pill MSNBC or at least JS ?

‘Shocking to hear from MSNBC’: Joe Scarborough lets Al Sharpton and others know Dem-run cities are ‘out of control’
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/11/24/shocking-to-hear-from-msnbc-joe-scarborough-lets-al-sharpton-and-others-know-dem-run-cities-are-out-of-control/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #728 on: November 24, 2021, 07:41:00 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #729 on: November 24, 2021, 09:08:43 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #730 on: November 24, 2021, 10:31:42 PM »
 :rofl:

talking to your leftist about rittenhouse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUrwTEZAjU
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #731 on: November 25, 2021, 12:58:24 AM »
I am sure they have a plan to fix it.  More Govt Regulation and Spending.

If that means re-funding the police and going back to that old, boomer tradition of regulating crime, that might just be crazy enough to work. Right now the Left is deregulating crime, and trying to outlaw everything else. Guess that's what happens after a few decades of calling good evil, and evil good.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #732 on: November 25, 2021, 06:54:48 AM »
I'm dying here  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RITTENHOUSE FOUND NOT GUILTY!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpHuRO1QXgw

The Legend of Kyle Rittenhouse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBtBy4nJ_P0
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 07:10:38 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #733 on: November 25, 2021, 07:13:29 AM »
Almost amazed YT hasn't shut them down.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #734 on: November 25, 2021, 09:51:00 AM »
Rittenhouse trial demonstrates the need for the rule of law:

https://www.newsweek.com/rittenhouse-trial-reminded-america-why-we-need-rule-law-opinion-1652011

Unfortunately, it is Newsweek, so most of the comments are straight out of the loony bin.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #735 on: November 25, 2021, 09:54:31 AM »

https://www.newsweek.com/rittenhouse-trial-reminded-america-why-we-need-rule-law-opinion-1652011

Unfortunately, it is Newsweek, so most of the comments are straight out of the loony bin.

WWOOOO AWHOOOO AWWOOOOOOOWOOOOWOOOOO
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #736 on: November 25, 2021, 11:34:41 AM »

We saw these qualities on display in the trial. Rather than wishing that principles of justice did not apply to Rittenhouse, we should mourn that they didn't extend farther—to those who were shot in the police confrontations precipitating last summer's unrest.

Like the Blake guy whose shooting spawned the riots Rittenhouse responded to. I'm sure I don't have to remind members here that Blake was shot by the police because he was resisting arrest while armed with a knife -- which he refused to relinquish when ordered to do so.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #737 on: November 25, 2021, 04:29:23 PM »
My sig line on another forum

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Fits here IMHO
For the life of me I can't remember where it came from.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #738 on: November 25, 2021, 06:53:30 PM »
Kinda long-winded... Here's the South St. Louis City version...

"Stay strapped, or get clapped."

Had a couple of customers in my store today. Nice, fine upstanding young men, polite, paid attention to the car guys. Were in several times, because they were working on a project.

And they were happy to make sure that the stendo that one was carrying, and the other guy's poorly-belted firearm were concealed when asked to do so... Boomsticks tend to scare the "gentrified" customers.
Blog under construction

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #740 on: November 26, 2021, 11:38:14 AM »
. . . make sure that the stendo that one was carrying . . .
Learned a new slang word today - thanks.   ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #741 on: November 26, 2021, 11:30:00 PM »
No prob... They like the sticks.
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #742 on: November 26, 2021, 11:30:55 PM »
Oh, and the conversation went something like "Guys, that scares the hipsters - concealed is concealed, okay?"
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #743 on: November 27, 2021, 07:09:15 PM »
Looks like Marjorie Taylor Greene is becoming the Rashida Tlaib of the republican party. I mean, this is pretty, how you say, cuckoo.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/27/this-is-profoundly-ridiculous-rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-wants-to-award-kyle-rittenhouse-the-congressional-gold-medal/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #744 on: November 27, 2021, 08:04:00 PM »
Loonies and grifters populate both sides of the uniparty.

It's all part of the show.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #745 on: November 27, 2021, 08:14:44 PM »
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #746 on: November 27, 2021, 09:19:23 PM »
Looks like Marjorie Taylor Greene is becoming the Rashida Tlaib of the republican party. I mean, this is pretty, how you say, cuckoo.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/27/this-is-profoundly-ridiculous-rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-wants-to-award-kyle-rittenhouse-the-congressional-gold-medal/

What's the counterargument?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #747 on: November 27, 2021, 09:29:37 PM »
What's the counterargument?
Wiki
It is Congress's highest expression of national appreciation for distinguished achievements and contributions by individuals or institutions.[1] The congressional practice of issuing gold medals to occasionally honor recipients from the military began during the American Revolution. Later the practice extended to individuals in all walks of life and in the late 20th century also to groups. The Congressional Gold Medal and the Presidential Medal of Freedom are the highest civilian awards in the United States.[2] The congressional medal seeks to honor those, individually or as a group, "who have performed an achievement that has an impact on American history and culture that is likely to be recognized as a major achievement in the recipient's field long after the achievement."[3]

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #748 on: November 27, 2021, 09:33:02 PM »
The congressional medal seeks to honor those, individually or as a group, "who have performed an achievement that has an impact on American history and culture that is likely to be recognized as a major achievement in the recipient's field long after the achievement."

That sounds like our boy.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #749 on: November 27, 2021, 09:51:16 PM »
He missed one.
Blog under construction