Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 53004 times)

zahc

• friend
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #750 on: November 27, 2021, 10:50:39 PM »
Yeah but two out of three ain't bad.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #751 on: November 27, 2021, 11:58:56 PM »
MTG is obviously trolling the Left, with predictably screechy results.

Part of me wants everyone to leave the kid alone.

Part of me wants him to get the medal just so I can watch heads explode.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #752 on: November 28, 2021, 10:01:47 AM »
Is law enforcement so absent or so converged into the system of lawlessness that neighborhoods need to start literally policing their own neighborhood?

Is it really time for non trained, non professionals to start policing neighborhoods, openly bearing arms? 

Is there no political recourse left?

As an aside I'm pleased with the result of the Rittenhouse verdict. I am empathetic with the desire to protect your neighborhood. If my neighborhood was threatened and the police abandoned me to the thugs it would not be out of the realm of possibility I would find myself in similar straights as Kyle.

Hopefully, this event is a wake up call to those who are participating in the looting and riots as well as a wake up call to law enforcement to do their damn jobs.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #753 on: November 28, 2021, 10:08:04 AM »
Is law enforcement so absent or so converged into the system of lawlessness that neighborhoods need to start literally policing their own neighborhood?

Is it really time for non trained, non professionals to start policing neighborhoods, openly bearing arms? 

We are coming very close to this point. Those in charge seem to be intent on letting criminals run wild, and that is across the US. LE here in small town USA won’t do anything about property crime unless they catch them in the act and even then it’s only a slap on the wrist and let them right back out. Then you look at the big cities and how criminals who have been emboldened by criminal friendly laws are organizing flash mob robberies.

I watched Wednesday night as a woman stole a big screen TV from Walmart. She put it in her cart and leisurely and calmly pushed it out the door to her car. Loss prevention followed her out and could do nothing but watch. The corporations don’t care because they just make up the losses by raising prices. LE doesn’t care because they aren’t willing to end up on national news for confronting a thief over a $500 TV.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #754 on: November 28, 2021, 10:25:46 AM »

This isn't really new. Other riots have erupted and business owners have overtly protected their livelihoods by openly bearing arms. Since rioters decided to bypass them and nobody got shot, the news media soft pedaled it. (Although one woman made a YouTube video condemning a cell phone store for doing that - she apparently wanted to loot them.)

Think back to the Rodney King riots - the cops in LA didn't really become involved until the news media reported that the merchants of Koreatown had armed up and were protecting their own businesses from the mob. (Years afterwards you could still find humorous pictures on the web about "Rooftop Koreans" available for riot protection.) Some people wanted the cops to come down hard on the Koreans . . . but at that point the constabulary would have been seen to be actually working in concert with the rioters, becoming legitimate targets themselves, and things would have gotten very, very bad.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #755 on: November 29, 2021, 12:27:25 AM »
He missed one.

Not really.  He just didn't "finish" the job.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #756 on: November 29, 2021, 07:03:40 AM »
"Is law enforcement so absent or so converged into the system of lawlessness that neighborhoods need to start literally policing their own neighborhood?"

We had that in the 1970s in some areas that were really hit hard with crime.

The reaction?

Authority came down like a ton of bricks on the individuals/organizations that dared to attempt to protect themselves, all while ignoring actual criminals.

Yeah, we're getting to that point again.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #757 on: November 29, 2021, 07:17:54 AM »

In some places? Yes.

Here in St. Louis, they are very under strength. The administration doesn't support them, and the city attorney doesn't even bother to have anyone show up for murder trials.

Really.

Ever since the administration/machine, the media, and suburban brats with hot topic hair all tried to have local cops who had to use force crucified, the police have been hanging back. They show up for the reports. They don't want to "start something" that they would have to finish.

Sumdood and Dindu own the streets.
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #758 on: November 29, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »

Sumdood and Dindu own the streets.

Can you move?   =(

HankB

• friend
« Reply #759 on: November 29, 2021, 10:43:38 AM »
"Is law enforcement so absent or so converged into the system of lawlessness that neighborhoods need to start literally policing their own neighborhood?"

We had that in the 1970s in some areas that were really hit hard with crime.

The reaction?

Authority came down like a ton of bricks on the individuals/organizations that dared to attempt to protect themselves, all while ignoring actual criminals.

Yeah, we're getting to that point again.
I'm reminded of Atlanta's child murders circa 1980. Literally dozens of minority kids were murdered, and black parents took to walking their kids to school while carrying baseball bats and such to protect their children. From what I remember at the time, more police hours were spent harassing these "vigilante armed parents" than looking for the actual killer, a black man by the name of Wayne Williams. (Although IIRC he was only convicted of a few murders, not all of them.)

Oh, and the ultra-lefty cancel culture is going after Kyle Rittenhouse.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/arizona-university-students-demand-administration-to-withdraw-kyle-rittenhouse-killer-off-our-campus/ar-AAReQRe

The gist is that anti-American student groups are demanding that the university withdraw Kyle's enrollment, since according to the lunatic fringe he's a murderer even though acquitted.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #760 on: November 29, 2021, 10:46:07 AM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/arizona-university-students-demand-administration-to-withdraw-kyle-rittenhouse-killer-off-our-campus/ar-AAReQRe

The gist is that anti-American student groups are demanding that the university withdraw Kyle's enrollment, since according to the lunatic fringe he's a murderer even though acquitted.

If the university caves, which is a likelihood given that it's a university, that should be an easy win lawsuit for Kyle.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #761 on: November 29, 2021, 10:58:09 AM »
I'm reminded of Atlanta's child murders circa 1980. Literally dozens of minority kids were murdered, and black parents took to walking their kids to school while carrying baseball bats and such to protect their children. From what I remember at the time, more police hours were spent harassing these "vigilante armed parents" than looking for the actual killer, a black man by the name of Wayne Williams. (Although IIRC he was only convicted of a few murders, not all of them.)

Bet they would welcome Mr. Dunham with open arms

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-who-told-police-he-fatally-shot-ex-hardeeville-fire-chief-in-2017-found-not-guilty/ar-AAKst66
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #762 on: November 29, 2021, 12:05:34 PM »
The Freedom Medal can be given to whole groups, huh?  IMhO, the proposed honorees should include the defense attorney, the judge, and the whole jury.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 04:37:08 PM by 230RN »

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #763 on: November 29, 2021, 07:57:47 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #764 on: November 29, 2021, 10:05:30 PM »
Can you move?   =(

I'm gonna outlast 'em.

The OGs don't like 'em either.
Blog under construction

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #765 on: November 30, 2021, 01:16:45 AM »

As an aside I'm pleased with the result of the Rittenhouse verdict. I am empathetic with the desire to protect your neighborhood. If my neighborhood was threatened and the police abandoned me to the thugs it would not be out of the realm of possibility I would find myself in similar straights as Kyle.

Hopefully, this event is a wake up call to those who are participating in the looting and riots as well as a wake up call to law enforcement to do their damn jobs.

i heard a rumor from a source i generally trust, the C.C.P wanted land or property in the vicinity of the riots-i do not have any links, it would take to long to track it all down
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #766 on: November 30, 2021, 07:36:07 AM »

One only needs to look at the reception that the Guardian Angels got in New York City during the time. IIRC one of the GA's who was continually harassed during the time said that if a NYPD officer saw a GA standing next to a guy murdering a Nun, the officer would arrest the GA. Much of that was apparently driven by the Koch administration. He later softened on the GAs, and later administrations supported them, but in the early days, they were no welcomed at all.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #767 on: November 30, 2021, 09:56:42 AM »
One only needs to look at the reception that the Guardian Angels got in New York City during the time. IIRC one of the GA's who was continually harassed during the time said that if a NYPD officer saw a GA standing next to a guy murdering a Nun, the officer would arrest the GA. Much of that was apparently driven by the Koch administration. He later softened on the GAs, and later administrations supported them, but in the early days, they were no welcomed at all.
The Guardian Angels would never have been formed if the cops and courts had been doing their damned jobs - their formation was a very public rebuke to the authorities.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #768 on: November 30, 2021, 12:08:47 PM »
Somewhat similar to the Breonna Taylor case here in Louisville.
The police were at time looking for her other boyfriend a drug dealer.

Speaking of which

Jamarcus Glover, the target of the Breonna Taylor raid, sentenced to 5 years probation
https://www.wdrb.com/news/jamarcus-glover-the-target-of-the-breonna-taylor-raid-sentenced-to-5-years-probation/article_aea041ee-51fa-11ec-bb73-bbc9c3370012.html
Judge Perry decided five years of probation is what was needed.

"Your behavior with me since the first case gives me great concern -- your attitude and your criminality," Judge Perry said. "Because if you come back here and try to explain why I need to take another chance on you? That's highly unlikely."

If you have great concern then why?????..... :facepalm:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:25:24 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #769 on: November 30, 2021, 12:11:07 PM »
How many years did his mother get for naming him Jamarcus?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #770 on: November 30, 2021, 02:52:48 PM »
If you have great concern then why?????..... :facepalm:

Clown world.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #771 on: November 30, 2021, 04:42:28 PM »
Clown world.

Agreed.  All those man hours and SWAT raid all to get a sentence of 5 years probation.  I am sure everyone involved is disgusted about that outcome.

"Your behavior with me since the first case gives me great concern -- your attitude and your criminality," Perry said. "Because if you come back here and try to explain why I need to take another chance on you? That's highly unlikely."
I wonder what the sentence would be if his behavior was good?  A bouquet of flowers and a thank you note? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #772 on: December 01, 2021, 09:23:12 AM »
This is a big lefty news site, so who knows what the truth is, but if accurate, between "I support BLM" and this, Kyle's handlers* really seem to be giving him bad advice, IMO. I don't expect him to be doing commercials for S&W ARs or anything, but I don't think the apologist route is the way to go either.

https://www.insider.com/kyle-rittenhouse-destroying-the-rifle-he-used-in-kenosha-2021-12?amp

*Handlers, because I don't believe this is him coming up with some of this. I'm sure part of the strategy is to try and give him a normal life going forward, and reduce the media and other stalkers trying to destroy him. Still, this stuff seems like groveling and almost creating a narrative in which he's saying he did the wrong thing, and that he really is guilty of something, vs a guy who acted in self-defense. Not that it would have been good PR at all, and I wouldn't recommend it, but I bet he could have sold that rifle to somebody for a good $500K.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #773 on: December 01, 2021, 09:44:23 AM »
If he starts doing things as a public figure, does that undermine his potential defamation/libel lawsuits?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #774 on: December 01, 2021, 10:00:27 AM »
And notice that he has hung back, except for the Tucker thing...
Blog under construction