Author Topic: Good read  (Read 1076 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Good read
« on: September 21, 2021, 10:52:48 AM »
Mostly because I agree with it:

https://americanmind.org/salvo/deep-state-deep-trouble/

Milley, before reaching out to China, sat down with the service’s top officers and demanded from them what amounted to an oath—none of them would launch a nuclear weapon without his approval. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff went behind the President’s back to secure control over the nation’s most important weapons.

That's unprecedented. The chairman of the joint chiefs of staff isn't anywhere in the chain of command. The chain of command runs from the President to the Secretary of Defense through the secretaries of the individual services, and then down through the chain of commissioned officers in each service.

Milley should be fried, not toasted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Good read
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 11:19:05 AM »
I do agree that we appear to need a good housecleaning of all the top brass. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 12:50:41 PM »
I do agree that we appear to need a good housecleaning of all the top brass.
Amen to that.

The other day I heard that we have over 40 generals with 4-star rank - with around 2 million-ish people in the military.

We only had seven 4-stars in WWII with 12 million in the military.

I have a good idea where I'd start the house cleaning.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 01:41:33 PM »
"We only had seven 4-stars in WWII with 12 million in the military. "

12, I think, but most of them were created in 1945 after the promotions of Marshall, Eisenhower, Arnold, and MacArthur.

The expansion of the 4-star rank REALLY ratcheted up with the world-wide duties the US took on in the years after World War II, especially with NATO and SEATO commands.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.