Author Topic: Babylon 5 Reboot  (Read 2664 times)

JTHunter

• friends
Re: Babylon 5 Reboot
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2022, 12:09:02 AM »
2. On the CW? Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. The CW is The Gay Network, and they go out of their way to ruin what what should be simply entertaining shows (Batwoman, Supergirl, etc.) by putting heavy handed gay/lesbian stuff in. I do NOT want to see a "woke" version of B5.

3. JMS was supposed to be working on a prequel or sequel to one of my all time favorite movies, Forbidden Planet. Sounds like this has been indefinitely postponed. Too bad - I know he personally liked FP, and there were scenes in B5 that were directly lifted from FP.

Regarding #2 - just look at the new "Tom Swift" show.  I watched about 1/2 hour of the first episode and wanted to puke.

#3 - What scenes from FP did they lift?  I like that movie a lot too (esp. a young Anne Francis !!).
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2022, 01:19:51 AM »
I have .wav files of Ivanova's "Death Incarnate" as well as her "Mantra" but they are too large to post (Death is ~310 kb).

B5 can't be rebooted as too many of the principals are gone.
Sinclair, G'Kar, Garibaldi, Vir, and Deleen, all since ~2010.
   =(  =(
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2022, 09:13:24 AM »
Regarding #2 - just look at the new "Tom Swift" show.  I watched about 1/2 hour of the first episode and wanted to puke.

#3 - What scenes from FP did they lift?  I like that movie a lot too (esp. a young Anne Francis !!).

As a  kid, I read books about the adventures and inventions of Tom Swift, Jr., . . . a crew cut kid with blond hair, blue eyes, and a girlfriend. In the TV show TS became a gay black guy. Phooey - I refused to even tune in to this Woke Gay Network offering.

As far as scenes in B5 lifted from FP, they involve the Great Machine on Epsilon 3, which look very much like they were inspired by the Krell machine in FP. They added more glitz for B5 since it was made several decades after FP, but the basic layout is there - people walking across a bridge over a technology-filled shaft inside the machine.

B5 machine picture - interior view at about 4:52 (VERY poor quality image!)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnRUFyRos5g
FP machine picture - interior view begins about 0:41    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHXfMjp2zqI
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2022, 09:26:59 AM »
They got 2 full seasons (65 episodes back then) of a TV show based at Ft. Courage.

And a damned fine show it was, and still is.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams