Author Topic: Ask tough questions, get sent to the brig  (Read 2437 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: Ask tough questions, get sent to the brig
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2021, 08:19:30 PM »
Letting him off the hook would set a precedent that would be absolutely suicidal for the current regime.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2021, 11:42:31 PM »
Letting him off the hook would set a precedent that would be absolutely suicidal for the current regime.

The precedent of flagrantly disobeying a lawful order is the one that cannot stand. I would go so far as to guess his CO agrees with a lot of what the LtCol said. But he still has to be CO.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2021, 03:59:30 AM »
 when Trump was C in C , that woke general was hob nobbing with a potential enemy.
would have been hung for treason in WW2 era, now he's getting a book deal.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2021, 06:40:12 AM »
The precedent of flagrantly disobeying a lawful order is the one that cannot stand. I would go so far as to guess his CO agrees with a lot of what the LtCol said. But he still has to be CO.

Like when the generals disobeyed President Trump's lawful and binding orders to pull out of Syria and Afghanistan and then bragged about it?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2021, 08:34:12 AM »
Like when the generals disobeyed President Trump's lawful and binding orders to pull out of Syria and Afghanistan and then bragged about it?

I am aware. Got a solution other than obey no orders everywhere?
AKA Navy Joe   

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2021, 09:06:01 AM »
I am aware. Got a solution other than obey no orders everywhere?

Whistleblowing/bringing charges to force official inquiry and attendant introspection.  Fortunately Colonel Scheller is spearheading that.  Unfortunately he is in the brig for violating a gag order.  Hmm.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2021, 10:39:21 AM »
Mrgunsngear was posting info about him on Instagram.  One note (last?) he said he expected to be arrested and convicted and serve some prison time. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2021, 11:17:01 AM »
Scheller will eventually come out smelling like a rose. The ones you need to check on is the unit retention personnel in all branches, they are not okay. I was around for Clinton military and that was a morale fest compared to this debacle.
AKA Navy Joe   

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »
History would say you are correct. And if the people are sifted for compliance, more so. Sifted for wokeness, and ideology, even more so. Sift far enough and entire units of einstazgruppen can be found. that is what is going on, with the jab mandates, the woke training, etc- it is sifting.

This with the sifting. They already started, or at least more openly, back when they used the NG to guard the WH.
And with the reports of people like cops quitting, meaning the good ones are quitting leaving only the bad ones.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2021, 04:38:12 PM »
Presented without editorial comment on my part:

https://coffeeordie.com/scheller-pretrial-release/

Pb

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2021, 10:28:34 PM »
I understand what he did is prohibited, and thus he is being punished for stating the truth...

But... will any of the incompetent' generals and politicians face any consequences at all for actually losing a war in a spectacularly foolish manner?

No.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2021, 07:48:52 AM »
https://coffeeordie.com/marine-scheller-plead-guilty/

looks like he's going to take a deal.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2021, 08:25:46 AM »
In the end he received a $5,000 fine and a letter of reprimand.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2021, 11:27:08 AM »
And the judge made it perfectly clear he wasn't happy about all the unanswered questions.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2021, 12:05:31 PM »
The Washington Post is getting nervous that they might not have as firm a grip on the dogs of war as they believed. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/15/will-marines-let-lt-col-scheller-off-with-slap-wrist/

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2021, 05:04:10 PM »
The Washington Post is getting nervous that they might not have as firm a grip on the dogs of war as they believed. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/15/will-marines-let-lt-col-scheller-off-with-slap-wrist/
Duffelblog wrote a satire piece about General Mattis crossing the Potomac with 100k troops. Maybe we will all be fortunate enough to see Lt. Col. Scheller being The One.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila