Author Topic: My company lowers the vax mandate hammer on us employees  (Read 4089 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
My company lowers the vax mandate hammer on us employees
« on: September 29, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »
Just received our company email outlining the mandate to get vax’d by 8 December or face termination.  Since we work on government contracts it’s non-negotiable.   

Covered employees must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, unless a disability or religious accommodation has been approved. If you decide not to get vaccinated and you don’t have an approved accommodation, then you will be unable to continue working on or supporting covered federal government contracts and you will eventually be subject to progressive discipline, up to and including termination.

So there you have it. So much for the whole “my body, my choice” argument that the Left uses to fight abortion arguments. 

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: My company lowers the vax mandate hammer on us employees
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 07:00:03 PM »
My plant manager just sent out an email today saying we have to load their Vaccine Digital Wallet on our cell phones and use it to upload our vaccine cards; then check a little box that we consent to them sharing the data with a company called TrustAssure that supposedly validates it.  This is reiterating something that came from HR over Labor Day weekend.  (I already replied "I will not comply" to HR, and never heard anything back from it)

I have been vaccinated, and I have the little card.  I emailed my boss that will not do any of their digital wallet bullshit; I will show him or his boss (and just them) my card if they want to see it, but I'll be disappointed that they didn't take my word for it.*  And they don't get to make a copy of it.  I asked him if I should reply to the plant manager and tell him all this, or just ignore it and run the clock out.  (I'm retiring in a few months.  I'm also on the "essential employees" list so I am somewhat exempt from the mandates for now)  Someone has to say "No".

Their app doesn't work anyway; a bunch of folks have complained about spending hours trying to upload their data.

*Boss remembers how much hassle I went thru to get the vaccine when I was taking care of my parents in Texas, although it wasn't available at all in Minnesota at the time and the department joked about me going to Texas just to get it.  As far as I know, Minnesota does not even know that I'm vaccinated.
"It's good, though..."

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 07:13:44 PM »
Even though I’m vax’d, I’m totally against the mandate and will go no farther than “I’m vaccinated” verbally.  If it goes beyond that I’ll re-evaluate my employment with them

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 07:27:06 PM »
I got the first two shots in January, but now they're saying the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine tapers off after eight months so we should get a booster. I've read enough horror stories about side effects from the third jab that I don't think I want it.

I also have NO idea where my vaccination card is.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 09:29:37 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/29/1041500566/vaccine-mandate-quit-research?utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR3JEwRxiN_rzH9kejWPrhCwPsjhamhGnuLqV-CdZDZgKmD5KBR-usS_ww8

Most people don't actually quit.

Why should I believe National Propaganda Radio?  Why should I believe polls which have been shown time and time again to be lies?  Why should I believe any of the msm excrement you continuously post?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 09:33:14 PM »
Why should I believe National Propaganda Radio?  Why should I believe polls which have been shown time and time again to be lies?  Why should I believe any of the msm excrement you continuously post?

QFT.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 09:44:45 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/29/1041500566/vaccine-mandate-quit-research?utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR3JEwRxiN_rzH9kejWPrhCwPsjhamhGnuLqV-CdZDZgKmD5KBR-usS_ww8

Most people don't actually quit.

Let's assume that is true.  They don't quit, but they do now hate their employer and will look for ways to screw them over.  And not without good reason.  Is that really what Management wants?

One reason I'm retiring early is I am getting tired of constantly being reminded by Corporate that they think of us as expenses rather than assets.  I know that already, they just keep pointing it out over an over as a show of disrespect.  I expect my leaving to start a chain reaction of retirements of all the skilled people in the next year or so.  I don't have such a high opinion of myself and I know anybody can be replaced -- but it will take them 5 years to train someone and there is nobody to do the training.  Over 3/4 of my department is in the same boat; the only one left doing critical work with unique knowledge (here comes the punchline) and retirement eligible.  20 years of mismanagement coming home to roost.  Should be glorious.  :lol:
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2021, 10:33:34 PM »

You probably shouldn't believe anything not within the scope of your own perceptions.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2021, 11:40:03 PM »
Let's assume that is true.  They don't quit, but they do now hate their employer and will look for ways to screw them over.  And not without good reason.  Is that really what Management wants?

One reason I'm retiring early is I am getting tired of constantly being reminded by Corporate that they think of us as expenses rather than assets.  I know that already, they just keep pointing it out over an over as a show of disrespect.  I expect my leaving to start a chain reaction of retirements of all the skilled people in the next year or so.  I don't have such a high opinion of myself and I know anybody can be replaced -- but it will take them 5 years to train someone and there is nobody to do the training.  Over 3/4 of my department is in the same boat; the only one left doing critical work with unique knowledge (here comes the punchline) and retirement eligible.  20 years of mismanagement coming home to roost.  Should be glorious.  :lol:

You need to do better. Corporate finally pissed off my dad enough in 1979 that he quit. And this was a corporate that had come to expect stuff from him that would be insta jail today. So he quit, but so did all but about 2-3 of the 40 person shop, he had found them all new jobs. Middle fingers should be prominent.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2021, 11:46:43 PM »
My employer hasn't mentioned requiring the vaccine, but I heard a company my site deals with may do so, and they might try to apply that to anyone going through their guard shack.  We'll see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2021, 06:47:55 AM »
My company came out with vax mandate maybe 2 months ago. Our customer (.gov) is following the administration's policy, so ours has morphed to follow .gov's. They're not talking about firing people -- yet -- but I'm sure that it will come down to it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2021, 08:32:56 AM »
We are a federal contractor but our owners are religious to the point that I don’t know if they do vaccines. A lot of our northern VA job sites will require vax. Which led to a crap tornado when HR girl cold called everyone last week and asked if they had it or did they plan to get it. Insta torches and pitchforks. The owner had to talk us all down from looting and pillage. No plan to mandate it but since customers require it we need to know who can we send to job sites. As one of probably three that have it I can just feel the giant green weenie aiming at me. Gotta be worth at least $5/hr more now right?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2021, 08:53:19 AM »
Welp, just read an e-mail that all employees have to be vaccinated by February 2022 (or get an accommodation) or they're subject to discipline under the company's code of business conduct. I'm assuming that that means up to termination.

If anyone didn't get an exception under the old vaccine guidelines, they have until October 11 to be fully vaxed, get an exception, or face the code of business conduct.

I suspect that at least one of my coworkers is going to fight it tooth and nail the whole way and will end up leaving the company.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2021, 08:58:47 AM »
My plant manager just sent out an email today saying we have to load their Vaccine Digital Wallet on our cell phones and use it to upload our vaccine cards; then check a little box that we consent to them sharing the data with a company called TrustAssure that supposedly validates it . . .
Is the company providing the cell phones? If not, by what right are they asserting partial ownership of the employee's own private property? What if the employee doesn't have a cell, or uses an older one or a cheapie (basic flip phone) that won't run their app? How is this requirement compatible with HIPPA?

FWIW, I've been vaccinated - my choice. And being retired, I didn't have an employer looking over my shoulder.

But I find these vax mandates and the heavy-handed enforcement odious, grotesque, and downright un-American.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 09:00:47 AM »
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/workforce/8-states-cities-requiring-covid-19-vaccination-for-healthcare-workers.html

Hundreds of thousands of healthcare employees have been subject to vaccine mandates for months now.  Here in Washington, the drop dead date is October 18th.  No vaccine, no religious or medical exemption, you are not working.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 09:11:50 AM »
Is the company providing the cell phones? If not, by what right are they asserting partial ownership of the employee's own private property? What if the employee doesn't have a cell, or uses an older one or a cheapie (basic flip phone) that won't run their app? How is this requirement compatible with HIPPA?

FWIW, I've been vaccinated - my choice. And being retired, I didn't have an employer looking over my shoulder.

But I find these vax mandates and the heavy-handed enforcement odious, grotesque, and downright un-American.
I told my boss all this in the email.  He said I'm not the only one who objected to being told to load their software on my personal phone, and there's a way to upload the data using my company-supplied laptop instead.  Regarding the Protected Health Information, he agrees with me and will be raising that issue today at his weekly managers' meeting.
"It's good, though..."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2021, 10:14:24 AM »
I told my boss all this in the email.  He said I'm not the only one who objected to being told to load their software on my personal phone, and there's a way to upload the data using my company-supplied laptop instead.  Regarding the Protected Health Information, he agrees with me and will be raising that issue today at his weekly managers' meeting.

Wait... It's your personal phone? Are you reimbursed for its use at work? If not, tell them the only way you will load that damnable program on a phone is if they supply the phone. Otherwise, your personal property is off limits.

Or you could insist that you will load their program on your personal phone the moment they let you put your webcam in their personal living room.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 10:48:30 AM »
You probably shouldn't believe anything not within the scope of your own perceptions.

And should probably have a healthy dose of skepticism about those as well . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2021, 10:57:51 AM »
Wait... It's your personal phone? Are you reimbursed for its use at work? If not, tell them the only way you will load that damnable program on a phone is if they supply the phone. Otherwise, your personal property is off limits.

I am disappointed that anyone agrees to do that.  Very few people seem to have any problem with it.  =|

I told my boss if they give me a company phone, I'll load the software and test the user interface as far as I can without loading my personal data; I assume there are standard test images for that.  My phone is off-limits unless they want to reimburse me for my data plan for the year (several hundred dollars)

It'll be interesting to see what he says after their management meeting today
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2021, 11:17:41 AM »
I loaded my company's emergency notification app onto my phone. It's how the company reaches out to employees in emergency situations, and how employees let the company know that they're safe and well in the event of a natural disaster. Guiven what happened in Tennessee at Christmas, and the recent hurricane strike on New Orleans, it's provide its worth as far as I'm concerned.

It also became the primary tool for vaccination recording, and it allows me to get in touch with the other members of my team even if I don't have their phone numbers in my contacts.

My company is also my cell phone service provider, and I get a SUBSTANTIAL discount because of that. So, I don't have much in the way of issues with loading the app on my phone.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2021, 11:23:12 AM »
I loaded Slack on my phone so coworkers can contact me and I can get my messages while I'm on the road.  But I chose to do that, nobody told me I had to, and that makes a difference.
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2021, 11:48:37 AM »
I am expected to be reachable 24/7 by phone, email, or text for urgent risk management matters.  The company does not issue cell phones so I do this on my personal phone, realizing the risk that my phone may be subpoenaed and searched in the context of a malpractice or other legal matter.  I accept that minimal risk.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2021, 02:41:54 PM »
My company came out with vax mandate maybe 2 months ago. Our customer (.gov) is following the administration's policy, so ours has morphed to follow .gov's. They're not talking about firing people -- yet -- but I'm sure that it will come down to it.

Yep, we have contracts supporting .gov so our company is following the lead of the .gov mandate

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2021, 05:10:52 PM »
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 10:20:21 PM by 230RN »