Author Topic: My company lowers the vax mandate hammer on us employees  (Read 4084 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: My company lowers the vax mandate hammer on us employees
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2021, 06:57:33 PM »
So far no indication of a vax mandate at my employer.  They do require visitors (except from other company divisions) to show proof of vax, no exceptions.  I won’t be surprised to see a mandate eventually, but that’s likely a ways away.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2021, 09:02:59 PM »
FWIW HIPPA, in general,  doesn't apply to employers. So an employer asking for a Vax card is not a HIPPA issue, and in that context the card is not PHI.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2021, 09:12:24 PM »
Correct. If your employer called your doctor to see if you were vaccinated and the doctor answered, that would be a violation.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2021, 10:11:15 PM »
I just made a passable fake.  It's not like the stupid things are hard to copy, and the vax lot and expiration dates are easy to find. Worked for one round of international travel and the mask police at the Judas Priest concert couldn't tell/didn't care.

Short of the violent conflict both sides are just begging for, I find the best option is to make fun of the whole stupid mess.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2021, 02:02:10 AM »
FWIW HIPPA, in general,  doesn't apply to employers. So an employer asking for a Vax card is not a HIPPA issue, and in that context the card is not PHI.

HIPAA doesn't apply to employers, but it is still PHI.  My employer pounds that into my head all the time, and I just had to take my annual mandatory refresher course on it.  So I'm throwing it back at them; either it's sensitive data or it's not.  They want to have it both ways
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2021, 07:30:40 AM »
"I just made a passable fake."

I've heard a rumor that someone at my company was walked out for providing fake vaccination credentials.

Doing the fake vaccine card is cowardly.

Either you have the balls to the stand up to and fight the power, or you're just a poser.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2021, 08:46:30 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/30/us/california-vaccine-mandate-health-care.html

The data is showing that mandates seem to work in the healthcare industry.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2021, 09:40:15 AM »
I just wish they were wallet size.  The card I have is just a little too big to fit right.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2021, 09:42:24 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/30/us/california-vaccine-mandate-health-care.html

The data is showing that mandates seem to work in the healthcare industry.

Yes, threatening people’s livelihoods is a great way to get them to fall in line. As is threatening their families and properties. Terrorism works.

But notice they won’t do jack *expletive deleted*it about forcing a mandate on welfare fucksticks. If I have to prove I’m vaccinated to work shouldn’t they have to prove they are vaccinated to get what I’m paying for with my taxes?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2021, 10:02:19 AM »

I've heard a rumor that someone at my company was walked out for providing fake vaccination credentials.

Either you have the balls to the stand up to and fight the power, or you're just a poser.

A fake vaccine card is standing up to and fighting the power.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2021, 10:04:10 AM »
A fake vaccine card is standing up to and fighting the power.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2021, 10:05:53 AM »
But notice they won’t do jack *expletive deleted*it about forcing a mandate on welfare fucksticks. If I have to prove I’m vaccinated to work shouldn’t they have to prove they are vaccinated to get what I’m paying for with my taxes?

You have my vote. ETA: Now that I think more about this concept, I wonder why some conservative governor somewhere has not issued a mandate in this regard.  You would think it would be popular.  I wonder if there is some legal issue that would prevent this.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 10:22:08 AM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2021, 10:20:48 AM »
I am expected to be reachable 24/7 by phone, email, or text for urgent risk management matters.  The company does not issue cell phones so I do this on my personal phone, realizing the risk that my phone may be subpoenaed and searched in the context of a malpractice or other legal matter.  I accept that minimal risk.

Good case for a cheap burner phone from Walmart.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2021, 10:22:11 AM »
Yes, threatening people’s livelihoods is a great way to get them to fall in line. As is threatening their families and properties. Terrorism works.

Shouldn't illegal aliens grabbed by INS down by the Mexican border have to prove they're vaccinated before they're released into the USA?*

* - trick question, they should only be released back into Mexico.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2021, 10:32:55 AM »
Shouldn't illegal aliens grabbed by INS down by the Mexican border have to prove they're vaccinated before they're released into the USA?*

* - trick question, they should only be released back into Mexico.

Didn't you hear? They are not planning on staying here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKISbnpi_s
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2021, 11:53:37 AM »

Indeed it does.  On some.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2021, 12:56:14 PM »
You probably shouldn't believe anything not within the scope of your own perceptions.

Yeah, and?

One of our own last year said

"I'm glad that, if we had to have a plague, it arrived at a time when Americans' trust in our institutions is at an all-time high. At a time when we could trust Big Medicine to science impartially, instead of changing basic facts of human biology for political reasons. At a time when news organizations are clearly committed to ethics, integrity, and impartiality. At a time when no one could possibly have reason to be skeptical of official sources. At a time when both major political parties are clearly on the side of the citizenry. At least we can be thankful for that much."

Who does one trust, and why?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2021, 02:46:29 PM »
The most heinous atrocities must be committed in the guise of altruism.  Nothing soothes the conscience like telling people it is for their own good.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2021, 05:51:23 PM »

Why is it cowardly for going to a concert and traveling? I should've demanded access and made a scene?  Or I could make a mockery of the whole stupid thing  and laugh at their pointless measures and enjoy some metal. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2021, 11:09:28 PM »
When I read threads like this, it makes me glad that I'm retired and don't have to deal with this "excrement".  :old:  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2021, 11:41:28 PM »
When I read threads like this, it makes me glad that I'm retired and don't have to deal with this "excrement".  :old:  :rofl:

Until you want to go buy groceries.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2021, 01:43:16 AM »
I'm sitting here wondering if/when the VA is going to require "the jab" if you want to enter their facilities for health care. It could easily happen...
 [tinfoil] :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2021, 11:36:35 AM »
I'm sitting here wondering if/when the VA is going to require "the jab" if you want to enter their facilities for health care. It could easily happen...
 [tinfoil] :old:

The VA sent me a text message a couple of days ago asking if I want a booster. Boosters will be available mid-October.

Coincidentally, right about then I also saw a plethora or articles about people developing blood clots and dying within days (or hours) after getting a third jab of the Pfizer (which is what my VA hospital distributes). I think I'll take a pass this time around.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2021, 02:53:14 PM »
I got both Maderna shots (last one in April) and I’m not interested in any boosters.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2021, 08:47:54 PM »
Pfizer employees on natural immunity vs the vaccine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On5RYFbcxWY
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"