Author Topic: My company lowers the vax mandate hammer on us employees  (Read 4083 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: My company lowers the vax mandate hammer on us employees
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2021, 10:53:36 PM »
Pfizer employees on natural immunity vs the vaccine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On5RYFbcxWY

Project Veritas actually identified those employees.  I wonder how long it took Pfizer to terminate them?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2021, 07:51:57 AM »
Project Veritas actually identified those employees.  I wonder how long it took Pfizer to terminate them?

I usually give Project Veritas a thumbs up, but didn't like this one. Usually the employees (Google, friendface, etc.) are fully Kool-Aid saturated regarding what their employer is doing. These interviewed employees were more in the whistleblower category and should have been protected by Project Veritas.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2021, 08:17:26 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/28/1041017591/getting-a-religious-exemption-to-a-vaccine-mandate-may-not-be-easy-heres-whyf

In our healthcare system, the majority of vaccine exemption requests are religious.  The current plan is to initially grant the exemption requests and then HR, Legal, and Pastoral Care will audit them to see if they hold up.  Employees with an exemption will likely be accommodated by weekly testing and continued use of PPE.  The Washington state mandate for healthcare employees leaves exemptions and accommodations thereto up to the discretion of the employer.  Some healthcare and other employers in Washington are granting exemptions but then firing the employee on the basis that the unique requirements of their job cannot be safely accommodated.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2021, 08:34:29 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/28/1041017591/getting-a-religious-exemption-to-a-vaccine-mandate-may-not-be-easy-heres-whyf

In our healthcare system, the majority of vaccine exemption requests are religious.  The current plan is to initially grant the exemption requests and then HR, Legal, and Pastoral Care will audit them to see if they hold up.  Employees with an exemption will likely be accommodated by weekly testing and continued use of PPE.  The Washington state mandate for healthcare employees leaves exemptions and accommodations thereto up to the discretion of the employer.  Some healthcare and other employers in Washington are granting exemptions but then firing the employee on the basis that the unique requirements of their job cannot be safely accommodated.

Sounds like religious discrimination to me.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2021, 11:02:33 AM »

That is what my department has done since the vax was available to anyone of working age. If you are vaxxed, you don't need to wear a mask. If you aren't vaxxed, you have to wear a mask anytime you are in the office, unless you are at your desk and not within 6' of anyone. In the field if you are within 6' of anyone outdoors and anytime you are inside at a business/residence/farm. Same if you are in a vehicle for work business with others.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2021, 11:21:46 AM »

In our healthcare system, the majority of vaccine exemption requests are religious.  The current plan is to initially grant the exemption requests and then HR, Legal, and Pastoral Care will audit them to see if they hold up.

How are they going to audit? How can they determine whether or not someone's religious belief is sincerely held?

Employees with an exemption will likely be accommodated by weekly testing and continued use of PPE.  The Washington state mandate for healthcare employees leaves exemptions and accommodations thereto up to the discretion of the employer.  Some healthcare and other employers in Washington are granting exemptions but then firing the employee on the basis that the unique requirements of their job cannot be safely accommodated.

So the PPE was safe and effective as long as everyone was using it, but it's not safe and effective if only people with exemptions are using it? That might be a tough sell before an honest judge (if you can find one).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2021, 11:44:19 AM »
How are they going to audit? How can they determine whether or not someone's religious belief is sincerely held?

I can not speak for Millcreek's organization, but from the FRAGO I've seen for DOD, requests for religious exemption have to go through a Command Chaplain who conducts an interview with the soldier requesting an exemption, looks at the soldiers immunization history, and then makes a recommendation to the approving authority on whether or not to approve the request.

So, Yes, they are going try and determine if it's a sincere belief or an excuse, as well as (I think) if the person is correctly interpreting what they claim is their faith.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2021, 04:56:53 PM »
Until you want to go buy groceries.

Fortunately, the two women in my life (in matriarchy - mother and g'mother) were tight-fisted and frugal to an extreme and they taught me well.
My grandmother left Illinois at 16 and went to NYC for work.  And this was about the time of the U.S. getting into WW1 and the "Spanish" flu.  Then she survived the Depression, taking care of her husband and daughter, saving enough for that daughter to go to college.
These women also taught me to be "independent" in many other areas.  I cook, occasionally from scratch, more frequently by modifying bought products, I do my own laundry and cleaning (just not as much as my mother THINKS I should!), and I can even run a sewing machine to hem up my pants or patch certain areas.  I really thank my grandmother for that.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2021, 05:22:10 PM »
https://www.bizjournals.com/portland/news/2021/09/29/oregon-vaccine-exemptions-rejections.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=nch&ana=e_n

According to this, one of our colleague healthcare systems in Oregon is being accused of a blanket denial of religious and most medical exemption requests.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2021, 05:25:20 PM »
https://www.bizjournals.com/portland/news/2021/09/29/oregon-vaccine-exemptions-rejections.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=nch&ana=e_n

According to this, one of our colleague healthcare systems in Oregon is being accused of a blanket denial of religious and most medical exemption requests.

I hope they get the *expletive deleted*ck sued out of them
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2021, 07:00:34 PM »
Fortunately, the two women in my life (in matriarchy - mother and g'mother) were tight-fisted and frugal to an extreme and they taught me well.
My grandmother left Illinois at 16 and went to NYC for work.  And this was about the time of the U.S. getting into WW1 and the "Spanish" flu.  Then she survived the Depression, taking care of her husband and daughter, saving enough for that daughter to go to college.
These women also taught me to be "independent" in many other areas.  I cook, occasionally from scratch, more frequently by modifying bought products, I do my own laundry and cleaning (just not as much as my mother THINKS I should!), and I can even run a sewing machine to hem up my pants or patch certain areas.  I really thank my grandmother for that.

Sounds like you'll make some woman a good little wife someday.  ;)

:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2021, 07:15:47 AM »

You sound like you're in the market, Hank... :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2021, 11:19:51 AM »
The actual, official memo mandating the vaccine for DOD civilians got to my level today.  Gonna be an emotional event for some folks in the next two weeks.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2021, 11:24:14 AM »
The actual, official memo mandating the vaccine for DOD civilians got to my level today.  Gonna be an emotional event for some folks in the next two weeks.

I'd be surprised if the Governor of Iowa issues an order than all state employees need to be vaccinated or take weekly covid tests. If she does, I'm going to make a lot of popcorn, the shitshow will be epic if people decide that this is the hill they chose to die on.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 03:24:09 PM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2021, 03:11:42 PM »

I was married for about 8 years in the 80s, and she was both a good cook and friend.  Unfortunately, we found out after our divorce that she had been an undiagnosed manic-depressive and this may have contributed to our split.
A few years later, I entered into a LTR for almost 16 years.  It was unfortunate that she was not nearly as helpful as my wife had been as she left me with an inordinate share of the chores in and around the house and yard.
Both have since passed away and I have been "baching it" for 15 years, so, as you see, I have to take care of everything.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”