Author Topic: Your Phone is a Narc!  (Read 292 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Your Phone is a Narc!
« on: September 30, 2021, 08:12:12 AM »
A research study claims that your phone can, with a 90% success rate,  narc on you for smoking the marijuana cigarettes:

https://www.gizbot.com/internet/news/smartphones-can-now-detect-if-users-are-high-on-marijuana-077081.html

I heard it on the news this morning, and the research is apparently out of Rutger's. One of the pundits made a good point though - the cops don't need to analyze your phone's sensors, they just need to check your Uber Eats app to see how many pizzas you ordered.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Your Phone is a Narc!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 08:41:37 AM »
I figure either some security will get built into smartphones in the future or people will stop carrying them.  I would say we could go back to dumb flip phones, but there is no guaranty they wouldn't have the same stuff running in the background. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Your Phone is a Narc!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 09:45:52 AM »
Your texts to your drug dealer are far more likely to narc on you than anything else, especially if he gets picked up.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!