Author Topic: S&W just told Massachusetts to Sod Off  (Read 902 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
S&W just told Massachusetts to Sod Off
« on: September 30, 2021, 12:59:02 PM »
They're moving their HQ and hundreds of jobs and millions in taxable revenue to Tennessee.

Because there's a bill in the Massachusetts legislature that would ban the manufacture of "assault weapons" in the state.

Not sure how that could legally fly because of interstate commerce considerations, but I'm really glad that S&W is finally saying enough crap, we're taking our money and going elsewhere.

Unfortunately, it's apparently not a 100% withdrawal from the state. But it's close enough for now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/smith-26-wesson-announces-it-will-move-its-headquarters-out-of-massachusetts-citing-proposed-ban-on-making-assault-weapons/ar-AAP06La?ocid=BingNewsSearch
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: S&W just told Massachusetts to Sod Off
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 03:31:01 PM »
The gunmaker said it will keep some manufacturing operations in Springfield — including revolver assembly, metalworking, and design engineering — and keep “over 1,000” employees in Massachusetts.

Where they make their revolver frames and parts?  Does metalworking include forging or just finish machining for assembly?

Either way, glad they are making the move even if it is not everything.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 05:05:03 PM »
Any firearms company that retains a presence in a blue state, esp one like MA, NY or CA is just asking for problems.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 07:33:09 AM »
Apparently the're going to still be manufacturing handguns in Massachusetts.

Unfortunate.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 11:39:45 PM »
Apparently they're going to still be manufacturing handguns in Massachusetts.

Unfortunate.

Massachusetts won't let up in this insanity any time soon.  S&W will end up pulling out completely after their new location is fully functional.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 07:31:05 PM »
My supervisor in the Guard worked for S&W for years, and when he accepted an AGR tour, S&W put him on military leave so he's still technically employed by them.  He told me that the company is tied to Massachusetts for manufacturing for the foreseeable future because there are far too many senior engineers who refuse to relocate to TN.  They're offering $10k stipend for any employees willing, however.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!