Author Topic: Justice is blind: there is no "racial justice"  (Read 606 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Justice is blind: there is no "racial justice"
« on: October 01, 2021, 01:19:12 PM »
So I came across this article about a black man with social capital and influence, who decided to trash a white woman who apparently had much less of those things. Naturally, he accomplished this by playing the oppressed, minority victim.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/01/frederick-joseph-is-not-a-victim-just-a-petty-tyrant-with-a-track-record/

Sounds like the author is making some pretty good points, but then she says, "there are actually meaningful conversations to be had about racial justice in America...."

Well, no, there aren't. I'm going to leave aside that meaningful conversations about race are likely to be censored or just ignored, if not treated as hate crimes. Unless the meaning is that of punishing white people for things other people have done… 

Instead, I would like to point out that "racial justice" is an oxymoron. The statue of Lady Justice is not wearing a blindfold just to be kinky. Justice, true justice, which is the only type worthy of the name; is blind to things like race or social standing. She doesn’t dole out one type of justice for one race, and another type for those dirty white people. That’s the sort of racism – racial injustice, if you will – we’ve been trying to move away from for decades now. Nor does Justice avenge one race for the supposed crimes of another race. “Supposed,” because races don’t commit crimes – individuals do.

Racial injustice – sure. That’s a thing. Racial justice – no. That’s a lie.

While we’re on the subject, there aren’t any other little subdivisions of justice, either. There’s no climate justice, or social justice. And no, there’s no tree justice. Justice is justice. If you have to invent special names for the kind of justice you’re interested in, it's because you’re smuggling in something you’ve no right to. You know justice won’t help you, so you’re inventing your own, counterfeit justice. Knock it off. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 01:38:59 PM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Justice is blind: there is no "racial justice"
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 02:24:42 PM »
So I came across this article about a black man with social capital and influence, who decided to trash a white woman who apparently had much less of those things. Naturally, he accomplished this by playing the oppressed, minority victim.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/01/frederick-joseph-is-not-a-victim-just-a-petty-tyrant-with-a-track-record/

Sounds like the author is making some pretty good points, but then she says, "there are actually meaningful conversations to be had about racial justice in America...."

Well, no, there aren't. I'm going to leave aside that meaningful conversations about race are likely to be censored or just ignored, if not treated as hate crimes. Unless the meaning is that of punishing white people for things other people have done… 

Instead, I would like to point out that "racial justice" is an oxymoron. The statue of Lady Justice is not wearing a blindfold just to be kinky. Justice, true justice, which is the only type worthy of the name; is blind to things like race or social standing. She doesn’t dole out one type of justice for one race, and another type for those dirty white people. That’s the sort of racism – racial injustice, if you will – we’ve been trying to move away from for decades now. Nor does Justice avenge one race for the supposed crimes of another race. “Supposed,” because races don’t commit crimes – individuals do.

Racial injustice – sure. That’s a thing. Racial justice – no. That’s a lie.

While we’re on the subject, there aren’t any other little subdivisions of justice, either. There’s no climate justice, or social justice. And no, there’s no tree justice. Justice is justice. If you have to invent special names for the kind of justice you’re interested in, it's because you’re smuggling in something you’ve no right to. You know justice won’t help you, so you’re inventing your own, counterfeit justice. Knock it off.

I offer a most sincere amen.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 02:30:10 PM »
If it only worked that way in practice.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 02:52:30 PM »

I offer a most sincere amen.

I'll add a Hallelujah to that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 03:31:44 PM »
Well written there, Perd.  Makes good sense.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 04:15:34 PM »
"It's good, though..."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 04:28:47 PM »

Right there in the middle of Leviticus:

“You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor. You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the LORD."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.