Author Topic: Benelli M4 vs Beretta 1301?  (Read 2811 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Benelli M4 vs Beretta 1301?
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2021, 04:24:28 PM »
Rattle can it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2021, 06:14:59 PM »
Dammit. Put it in my cart, and by the time I filled out the payment info and hit "buy" I got the message "An item in your cart is no longer available." Bastards.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2021, 07:09:32 AM »
WTF is FDE?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2021, 07:32:32 AM »
WTF is FDE?

Glad I'm not the only one scratching my head.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2021, 07:54:25 AM »
Flat Dark Earth - what all the tacticool kids use.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2021, 08:24:04 AM »
Flat Dark Earth - what all the tacticool kids use.

That's too frightening to the guns are scary crowd.

I suggest getting the My Little Pony paint scheme model.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2021, 09:02:27 AM »

With "I Love You" written on the shotgun shells.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2021, 09:41:17 AM »
With "I Love You" written on the shotgun shells.

Nice touch, but I'd write "I love you THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS much!" on them.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2021, 09:03:25 AM »
Ha! The LE tactical version of the 1301 popped up on my LGS's website this morning. They had one each of the pistol grip and standard stocks. I hadn't seen that version pistol grip before and would have liked to handle it, but I didn't want to take a chance on snooze and lose, so I just bought the standard stock online and will go pick it up later today. If they still have the PG stock one, I'll check it out in-store and maybe switch.

This works out well, because I would have bought the mag extension anyway, so getting it already installed is a perk.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2021, 09:04:38 AM »
So what was the base price for it?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2021, 09:08:20 AM »
and if I had a choice in color, I'd probably go with the OD one.

where FDE is the pumpkin spice of the gun world.

Olive drab for the win.  FDE doesn't work too well in the USA.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2021, 09:17:47 AM »
I know this is a tactical thread but it really makes me want to grab my Berretta and go bust some clays.

Congrats on the new shotgun!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2021, 09:44:47 AM »
So what was the base price for it?

$1300 with the tacticool accoutrements.

I didn't even think to ask my LGS when I started looking. Back when I was still leaning towards the M4 I had asked them about one and they said they don't carry them because Benelli makes them carry the crap lines if they carry the good stuff. I had assumed that since Beretta and Benelli were intermingled these days that the same applied to the Beretta.

It was a total fluke that I happened to bring up their website today. They had been using fakebook for promoting the store and only recently got around to getting their website going, so it's still pretty sparse and I don't visit it much.

Oh, and this one is basic black, so I didn't have to make a color choice.  =D

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2021, 10:14:26 AM »
That sounds like a good price considering what I’m seeing lately. Anything available is bringing high prices.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2021, 10:23:33 AM »
If I had a better place to run a shotgun through its paces with buck and the like I'd really consider getting one to retire my S&W 3000 as my house gun.

It's been very reliable and durable over the years, and it's a pump, which I really prefer, but if something breaks in it it's going to be virtually impossible to repair.

And besides, even with the recoil pad, that S&W is a beast to shoot with S&B 12-pellet 00 buckshot loads. Eyewatering, in fact.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2021, 12:59:08 PM »

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2021, 06:05:59 PM »
I am happy. Buying a gun sight unseen, only based on research, is not my favorite way to get a gun, but this is nice. Just naturally pointing for me, and the lightness you have to feel to believe.

My LGS did still have the pistol grip version in stock, and I handled it. While nice, I still stuck with the standard stock, and if the mood strikes me down the road, I'll play with a PG stock.

I am curious how I managed to get this gun with the extended mag. I asked the guy I deal with at the LGS, and he didn't know. It all looks to be in-house Beretta, but from my understanding, the reason people do the aftermarket extended mag is because of the whole "foreign manufacture" thing limiting the mags to five rounds. I wonder if they have some shipped to a Beretta shop here in the states where Beretta modifies them and then they are okay to sell to non-LE?

They actually also had an OD 1301 (5 round mag) that was not on the website on the wall for $1250. For the extra $50 though, black and extended mag was the better deal for me. The OD looked really nice though. These all came into my LGS yesterday. They said they had been waiting for months, and suddenly a batch became available via their distributor.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2021, 06:37:57 PM »
Okay, crap. One mistake I made is I should have gotten the one with the PG stock after all because it's a Mesa Tactical stock that goes for $170 on its own. The PG Beretta was only $40 more than mine. I'm sure I could get a standard Beretta stock for WAY cheaper than the Mesa Tactical stock. Oh well.

https://www.mesatactical.com/products/urbino-pistol-grip-stock-for-beretta-1301-riser-limbsaver-12-ga-black.html

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2021, 03:36:32 PM »
https://gunzonedeals.com/product/beretta-1301-tactical-12ga.-3-24vr-ct-1-black-matte-synth
Got an email with this link today.  Not sure how it compares with what you got.  1301 model.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2021, 03:42:43 PM »
https://gunzonedeals.com/product/beretta-1301-tactical-12ga.-3-24vr-ct-1-black-matte-synth
Got an email with this link today.  Not sure how it compares with what you got.  1301 model.

Looks like the same one.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2021, 09:26:59 AM »
https://tombstonetactical.com/product/m4-tactical-shotgun-black-synhetic-h2o-cerakote-tactical-stock-ghost-ring-12ga-18-5in?utm_campaign=11321&utm_content=touchpoint_1_no_layaway_template_standard&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zaius#product_detail

For comparrison:  Benelli M4 Tactical Shotgun Black Synhetic H2O Cerakote
Email said $1799.  Website says $2000 when I went to the link.  I don't want to spend $2000 right now, but it is a good looking shotgun.  I do have to admit that if I were to pick one, the version used by the military is what I would want.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2021, 09:37:21 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7IcIpxFaLU
This may have been posted earlier.   Decent comparison.

For home defense, I have always planned to use the least expensive gun that I could depend on since it was often left outside the safe.  A $2000 shotgun would be more expensive than most of my rifles.  And for the low round count I will actually shoot, I don't know if the cost it worth it from a usefulness perspective.  The gun collector side says 'buy it'.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2021, 09:46:31 AM »
I am happy with my two Ithaca Model 37's, made in the 80's, but every now and again, I look at the military Mossberg 590A1 and sigh.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2021, 10:17:22 AM »
I'd love to have an Ithaca Model 37 Cruiser, the old style with the corn cob forearm, but holy sweet mother of Dog they kick 10 times worse than my S&W with buckshot!

I have my Dad's Model 37 that he bought in the 1950s. It's a 12, and I've been looking for one in 20 for some years now.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2021, 10:50:28 AM »
I'd love to have an Ithaca Model 37 Cruiser, the old style with the corn cob forearm, but holy sweet mother of Dog they kick 10 times worse than my S&W with buckshot!

I have my Dad's Model 37 that he bought in the 1950s. It's a 12, and I've been looking for one in 20 for some years now.

My Model 37s are old enough such that you can hold the trigger down and it will fire with every pump of the action.  I did that a few times when I was channeling my inner mall ninja, and it cured me of doing it as a routine practice.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.