Author Topic: Question on Glock grip angle, magazines  (Read 1545 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Question on Glock grip angle, magazines
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2021, 11:14:35 PM »
I imagine that new gun people are going on advice from others and just don't have firm opinions on any of it.  Probably never thought to research things much either. 

I can see that if someone isn't carrying the gun and just has it in the house or nearby, the fear of bumping the trigger is not completely unfounded.  If I am carrying, I don't think about a safety as the holster takes care of that.  If I just have one on the desk nearby, I prefer a double action trigger.  The 1911 is the only one where I depend on a traditional safety.  I was also thinking many gun people have taught themselves a measure of trigger discipline which helps with being comfortable with the striker fired trigger.  Some non-gun people also get confused by the whole loaded magazine versus loaded chamber issue because they don't practice or never got taught.

French G. summed it up concisely.  The striker fired pistol with no safety probably isn't the best gun for beginners without some instruction and practice. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge