Author Topic: Is This a Future Democrat Party Platform Issue?  (Read 1105 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Is This a Future Democrat Party Platform Issue?
« on: October 04, 2021, 11:13:02 AM »
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/10/04/dont-tread-on-deez-nuts-rep-chris-rabb-is-gonna-show-all-you-inseminators-by-legislating-vasectomies-and-rofl/

Rep. Chris Rabb
@RepRabb
I will be introducing a bill inspired by @RepKellyCassidy that requires all inseminators to undergo #vasectomies within 6 weeks of having their third child or 40th birthday, whichever comes first. /1
The link shows follow on tweets he put out.  It also shows someone pointing out his bio say he has 4 kids himself. 

It appears it might be some sort of response to the heartbeat bill that Texas recently passed.  I just wondered if this idea will make it into the mainstream Leftist Democrat list of issues and we would see more of this from other leftists. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Is This a Future Democrat Party Platform Issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 11:16:02 AM »
I was just coming here to post that. Holy crap.

People can say that it's clickbait Twitchy, but what he said is all there in black and white. I don't see any way to misinterpret it. Forced sterilization for those that don't comply with his "normal". Also I notice he got his four kids in, so I guess he's closing the door behind him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 11:54:57 AM »
He doesn't intend this bill to pass.  He is politically grandstanding to oppose the Tejas abortion law.

"You don't want people making medical decisions for you?  Then don't make medical decisions for them.  Also, you have to get the vaccine."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 12:03:51 PM »
I don't know about that, but you can bet that the left is having wet dreams about including Terry McAuliffe's "No Parents In Schools" stance in their national platform...

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/virginia-governor-youngkin-mcauliffe-parents-union-newt-gingrich
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 12:16:16 PM »
I don't know about that, but you can bet that the left is having wet dreams about including Terry McAuliffe's "No Parents In Schools" stance in their national platform...

So, taking the parentis out of "In loco parentis" and putting the emphasis on the "loco," eh?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 12:37:33 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/virginia-governor-youngkin-mcauliffe-parents-union-newt-gingrich

Parents are the enemy now

‘Parents’ rights’ a centerpiece of a GOP that is increasingly hostile to public education and democracy
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/09/25/parents-rights-a-centerpiece-of-a-gop-that-is-increasingly-hostile-to-public-education-and-democracy/

COWARDS! National School Boards Association asks Biden admin to look into angry parents as ‘domestic terrorism’ and ‘hate crimes’
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/10/01/cowards-national-school-boards-association-asks-biden-admin-to-look-into-angry-parents-as-domestic-terrorism-and-hate-crimes/ 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 01:14:40 PM »
He doesn't intend this bill to pass.  He is politically grandstanding to oppose the Tejas abortion law.

"You don't want people making medical decisions for you?  Then don't make medical decisions for them.  Also, you have to get the vaccine."

Agreed.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 02:01:44 PM »
He is politically grandstanding
Unfortunately people love this kind of stuff (when their side does it). Twitter trolling and cable news appearances make the base happy. This behavior is rewarded with attention, and for a lot of politicians attention is good way to get more $$. See the whole thread here dedicated to AOC.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 02:10:05 PM »
If you don't think this (or something very like it) could easily become law within the next ten years, you're not paying attention.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 02:12:39 PM »
  I just wondered if this idea will make it into the mainstream Leftist Democrat list of issues and we would see more of this from other leftists.

A cabinet level Department of Eugenics.

"The Eugenics Board can ensure that their children have suitable exteriors."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 02:50:14 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2021, 02:19:53 PM »
If you don't think this (or something very like it) could easily become law within the next ten years, you're not paying attention.

That whole cold dead hands thing is about to get sticky. I bet there will be stiff resistance.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 04:14:23 PM »
A cabinet level Department of Eugenics.

"The Eugenics Board can ensure that their children have suitable exteriors."
Part of the new Climate Change initiative.  We have to reduce the carbon footprint of humanity. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2021, 04:25:15 PM »

I think this would receive rather broad, bipartisan opposition.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2021, 05:21:57 PM »
I think this would receive rather broad, bipartisan opposition.

Maybe today. Maybe not so much 5 years from now. 10 years from now, it could be the only way to stop the dreaded white supremacy/Covid/climatechange.

I think it's funny people can live through 2020, and think they have a fix on where the Overton Window might go. Things can change faster than we used to think possible, and go a lot farther than we used to think.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 06:08:36 PM »
The psychological wizards in the government/media complex probably at this point think they can manufacture consent for just about anything.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2021, 07:30:28 PM »

Maybe today. Maybe not so much 5 years from now. 10 years from now, it could be the only way to stop the dreaded white supremacy/Covid/climatechange.

I think it's funny people can live through 2020, and think they have a fix on where the Overton Window might go. Things can change faster than we used to think possible, and go a lot farther than we used to think.
That is what I was thinking.  Today's joke of an idea is tomorrow's serious issue.  The politicians reflect the idiot voters that elect them.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2021, 08:58:06 PM »
The psychological wizards in the government/media complex probably at this point think they can manufacture consent for just about anything.

It's been working so far.