Author Topic: Let's Go Brandon!  (Read 18451 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2021, 11:43:48 AM »
1981-1993 Questioning the president is patriotic. Insulting and making fun of the president is protected free speech
1993-2001 Questioning the president is sedition.Insulting and making fun of the president is hate speech.
2001-2009 Questioning the president is patriotic. Insulting and making fun of the president is protected free speech
2009-2017 Questioning the president is racist in addition to sedition. Insulting and making fun of the president is racist.
2017-2021 Questioning the president is patriotic. Insulting and making fun of the president is protected free speech
2021- Questioning the president is sedition. Insulting and making fun of the president is hate speech.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 12:54:45 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2021, 11:48:44 AM »
As a side note: Look up the word Sedition on google and a bunch of Jan 6 photos pop up
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2021, 12:25:17 PM »
Dan Rather weighs in (no I had no idea that dusty old fart was still breathing) https://steady.substack.com/p/a-party-embraces-vulgarity

Apparently five years of TDS, pussy hats, Pedophiles in Dresses Reading Hours, sexualizing kids, and so on doesn’t exist,  it’s only when *expletive deleted*ck Joe Biden starts getting chanted that it is suddenly uncouth and vulgar and is the worst thing ever and suddenly liberals care about decency in front of kids.
QFT
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2021, 01:44:48 PM »
Dan Rather weighs in (no I had no idea that dusty old fart was still breathing) https://steady.substack.com/p/a-party-embraces-vulgarity

Apparently five years of TDS, pussy hats, Pedophiles in Dresses Reading Hours, sexualizing kids, and so on doesn’t exist,  it’s only when *expletive deleted*ck Joe Biden starts getting chanted that it is suddenly uncouth and vulgar and is the worst thing ever and suddenly liberals care about decency in front of kids.

God, what a joke. And he's obviously a dog whistle for the left whiners who are completely blind to what their own party and representatives did for 4 years.

It's amusing.

And yet another reason I. HATE. THE. LEFT.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2021, 01:54:03 PM »

God, what a joke. And he's obviously a dog whistle for the left whiners who are completely blind to what their own party and representatives did for 4 years.

More than 4 years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-1w7wX63U0

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2021, 01:58:34 PM »
To be fair, the left also hated vulgarity during President Trump's first term - as long as he was doing it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2021, 02:52:47 PM »
Each side has tended to be more and more accepting of escalating misbehavior by their own team - justified by the blatant transgressions of theit enemy.  It is clear that principle doesn't enter into it when someone regularly fails to call out their own tribe for the same kind of wrongdoing they pretend offense about when their opponents do it, it is clearly not a principled position. 

Dan Rather didn't complain about political decorum when it was directed against Trump, but now it suddenly is different because ... reasons.  I have family who in 2016 stormed into Thanksgiving calling all Trump voters at the table idiots but immediately following the 2020 election were demanding everyone come together in unity as though no one had a 4 year long memory.

Neither side polices their own and neither side has the moral standing to criticize the other.  Yes, I am as guilty as Dan Rather about this.  It was like pulling teeth to get me to criticize even the blatantly criminal actions of the Jan 6 rioters because we'd been faced with months and months of nonstop rioting and violence that the left excused and justified at every turn.

I have no idea how to reduce the whataboutism used to justify whatever contumely "our side" is reveling in.  Continuing to excuse misconduct because someone else was immoral just keeps the downward spiral going and damages our country  On the other hand, unilaterally calling out "my team" feels like supporting the lie that the "other team" are morally superior and is immediately seized upon to prove that everything I believe is wrong.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2021, 03:15:39 PM »
Vulgarity accusations are just a useful tool to throw at someone you already don't like for other reasons. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2021, 05:01:26 PM »
Yeah, uncouth and vulgar... right.

Maybe it's our turn on the long side of the see-saw.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2021, 05:04:56 PM »
Just in time for the holidays - Let's Go Brandon Gift Wrap!

There are multiple designs out there already, some of which include both the LGB and FJB slogans.

(Funny - various people are selling this stuff, and there doesn't seem to be any supply chain issue . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2021, 05:17:00 PM »
Ha - PSA made the MSM news cycle.

Hopefully PSA will ignore NBC's "request for comment". And I wonder who called the Secret Service?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/gun-dealers-sell-weapon-parts-ammo-using-anti-biden-slogan-lets-go-bra-rcna4260?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2021, 06:00:10 PM »
And NPR is here with breaking news to tell us what "Let's Go Brandon" means.

I like how they bring up that congressmen are saying it, but they neglected to mention the congresswoman who said "impeach the mother *expletive deleted*er" and was praised for doing so. At least the "expert" they interviewed was somewhat fair in mentioning that LGB is more acceptable than "*expletive deleted*ck Trump".

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/30/1050782613/why-the-lets-go-brandon-chant-turned-meme-can-be-heard-on-the-floor-of-congress?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2061
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2021, 07:53:53 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2021, 08:02:37 PM »
Hello secret service

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2021, 08:06:03 PM »
Does PSA actually sell any assault rifles?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2021, 08:35:44 PM »
Ha - PSA made the MSM news cycle.

Hopefully PSA will ignore NBC's "request for comment". And I wonder who called the Secret Service?

Good.  I hope they sell a Brandon-ton of lowers.
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2021, 08:43:02 PM »
Does PSA actually sell any assault rifles?

Not that I know of.  Closest thing (to my knowledge) would be this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSYs6DJ3Nlg

- Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2021, 07:26:15 PM »
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-letsgo-15-stripped-lower-receiver-pre-order-ships-in-approximately-10-12-weeks.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=daily_deals&utm_campaign=20211102&utm_term=morning&utm_content=10022021

PSA has doubled down with a POTUS SHATUS lower receiver.  The Vatipants-15.

[img]https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/0423dea8e9791990cba1722182d60508/v/a/vatipants-15.jp

Quick! Somebody notify NBC so they can call the Secret Service again!  :rofl:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2021, 07:38:15 PM »
They're still having a meltdown

Southwest Airlines is now the pro-Jan 6 terrorist attack airlines. https://t.co/L77UpRIiS8

— (((DeanObeidallah))) (@DeanObeidallah) October 30, 2021

Hot take from Dean Obeidallah: Southwest Airlines is now the pro-January 6 terrorist attack airline
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/02/hot-take-from-dean-obeidallah-southwest-airlines-is-now-the-pro-january-6-terrorist-attack-airline/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2021, 10:13:06 PM »
Hello secret service

https://www.iheartradio.ca/image/policy:1.2649671:1548364888/kathy.jpg?f=default&$p$f=79f3e6c

If memory serves, they did have a chat with Ms. Griffin over that photo.
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2021, 02:25:12 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2021, 04:57:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUkUuNxg31s Babylon Bee interviews Secret Service agent about Biden pooping his pants.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2021, 07:18:29 PM »
Did this make it yet?

https://youtu.be/XkL-KzaYxuw

Brand is kinda weird, but... Not all that weird.
Blog under construction

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2021, 01:30:54 AM »

- Barack Obama