Author Topic: Let's Go Brandon!  (Read 18214 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2021, 05:45:20 PM »
Was on a service call today, somebody's house out in the sticks of NWIL.  From the the looks of it they have a nice little side business selling "Let's Go Brandon!" t-shirts, coasters and knick-knacks.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2021, 06:04:01 PM »

A friend and his family moved to the area where I grew up in 1981 or so. Their purchase mortgage on their house was in the 15% range.

When my first wife and I bought our first house just north of Seattle in 1982, our interest rate was 16%, after we paid points to bring it down from 18%.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2021, 12:25:12 PM »
Only APS could utterly ruin a LGB thread (of all things) with totally unrelated, toast-dry nerdery.  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #229 on: November 12, 2021, 03:22:18 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-i-apologize-for-calling-all-the-colored-folks-negroes

Biden's aides also confirmed he will be making amends with the black community by inviting Jesse Jackson to the White House to sniff his hair.

Instead of Jesse Jackson, they should have made it Du Bois. Come on, Bee! Bee better!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #230 on: November 12, 2021, 03:35:26 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #231 on: November 13, 2021, 06:44:44 AM »
Apparently there's a movement afoot by the left to turn "Let's Go, Brandon," into "Thank you, Brandon!", supposedly for all of the wonderful things he's done as president.

One of my friends on Faceplace posted a response to one of the memes I posted talking about how "facts" are important and attached a Thank you Brandon pic with his supposed accomplishments...

Real wages up 9%, GDB doubled (yeah, that's a *expletive deleted*ing laugh riot) and some other crap.

So I posted back... yep, facts ARE important!

Inflation the highest it's been in 30 years.

Consumer sentiment the worst it's been in a decade.

Real wages going BACKWARDS because any increase has been eaten up by inflation.

Crude oil nearly doubling in price since January.

Gasoline up over $1 a gallon since January.

Natural Gas up something like 75% since January.

And a few other fun Brandon facts.

Oddly enough, she's not responded... Wonder why?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2021, 07:47:28 AM »
Don't worry, the dems will roll out a 1,500 page bill of new regulations, pork. and taxes to fix everything.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #233 on: November 13, 2021, 07:49:37 AM »
Apparently there's a movement afoot by the left to turn "Let's Go, Brandon," into "Thank you, Brandon!", supposedly for all of the wonderful things he's done as president.

One of my friends on Faceplace posted a response to one of the memes I posted talking about how "facts" are important and attached a Thank you Brandon pic with his supposed accomplishments...

Real wages up 9%, GDB doubled (yeah, that's a *expletive deleted*ing laugh riot) and some other crap.

So I posted back... yep, facts ARE important!

Inflation the highest it's been in 30 years.

Consumer sentiment the worst it's been in a decade.

Real wages going BACKWARDS because any increase has been eaten up by inflation.

Crude oil nearly doubling in price since January.

Gasoline up over $1 a gallon since January.

Natural Gas up something like 75% since January.

And a few other fun Brandon facts.

Oddly enough, she's not responded... Wonder why?

I really, really want one of these dipshits to tell me in person why my $2.50/hr raise this year being wiped the hell out by the increases in living costs is a good thing.

So far none of them are brave enough.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #234 on: November 13, 2021, 07:55:59 AM »
The people at Summit Meats in Pulaski County tell us they have been able to keep prices stable for most of the holiday-type meats, such as turkey and ham. However, they say for other types of meat, the prices have skyrocketed, some of them going up 200% to 300%.

Prices on some types of meat have skyrocketed
https://www.wave3.com/2021/11/12/prices-some-types-meat-have-skyrocketed/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2021, 08:13:33 AM »
I really, really want one of these dipshits to tell me in person why my $2.50/hr raise this year being wiped the hell out by the increases in living costs is a good thing.

So far none of them are brave enough.

BECAUSE TRUMP! TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, YOU RACIST CIS NORMAL MULTI-GENDER-HATING *expletive deleted*it LORD!

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #236 on: November 13, 2021, 08:16:05 AM »

BECAUSE TRUMP! TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, YOU RACIST CIS NORMAL MULTI-GENDER-HATING *expletive deleted*it LORD!

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Followed by a victory dance.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #237 on: November 13, 2021, 08:16:58 AM »

Sadly, with help and "curating" from the MSM and big tech, they might actually succeed in that, and the next thing you know, Snopes will be reporting that any negative connotations to LGB are fake news.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #238 on: November 13, 2021, 10:03:48 AM »
Trump probably does bear a fair share of blame for the inflation we have now.  The federal reserve created a horrifically huge amount of fiat dollars during his last year of office.  Trump appointed most of the chairmen of the board of the fed that did this.

Creating a lot of money without economic growth behind it leads to inflation.  Which is exactly what we are seeing now.   None of this was hard to predict.

Trump was a pretty good president until his 2020 fiscal irresponsibility.

I am not saying Biden financially responsible either- he appears to be much worse. 

It is like the entire federal government views value of money as something to be looted and destroyed as fast as possible.   :mad:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #239 on: November 13, 2021, 10:07:47 AM »
Sadly, with help and "curating" from the MSM and big tech, they might actually succeed in that, and the next thing you know, Snopes will be reporting that any negative connotations to LGB are fake news.

I'm not Terribly averse to going back to "*expletive deleted*ck Joe Biden". Much harder to spin to something favorable.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2021, 10:10:36 AM »
I'm not Terribly averse to going back to "*expletive deleted*ck Joe Biden". Much harder to spin to something favorable.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2021, 10:29:06 AM »
Trump probably does bear a fair share of blame for the inflation we have now.  The federal reserve created a horrifically huge amount of fiat dollars during his last year of office.  Trump appointed most of the chairmen of the board of the fed that did this.

Certainly one thing I was unhappy about under Trump was his continued call for even lower interest rates than the abnormally low rates we already have. That can help short term and make an administration look good, but the long term effects are not good.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2021, 12:56:00 PM »
Don't worry, the dems will roll out a 1,500 page bill of new regulations, pork. and taxes to fix everything.

Again?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2021, 03:50:24 PM »

Nearly $40 to tank up the Impala today.

"Thank you Brandon!"

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2021, 07:35:08 PM »
Prices on some types of meat have skyrocketed
https://www.wave3.com/2021/11/12/prices-some-types-meat-have-skyrocketed/

$5/lb for ground beef right now at the Fred Meyers here in Eugene, Oregon.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2021, 09:57:00 PM »
Nearly $40 to tank up the Impala today.

"Thank you Brandon!"

Lightweight.  Gas pump clicked to a stop for me today, not because the tank was full, but I'd hit the $100 visa limit.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2021, 10:19:53 PM »
Local all you can eat pizza buffet restaurant has a digital sign saying “Let’s Go Brandon!” on it.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2021, 12:21:13 PM »
Lightweight.  Gas pump clicked to a stop for me today, not because the tank was full, but I'd hit the $100 visa limit.

That happens to me all the time now. 

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2021, 01:02:40 PM »
I've been filling up just under half tank. Still over $50.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2021, 01:12:21 PM »
I will be picking up a new truck someday in the future in IA and driving back to NV. I just hope the prices don't climb in the next 5-6 months like they have in the last 6. If they do I can't even imagine what it will cost to fill up several times on the trip home. :(

bob