Author Topic: Let's Go Brandon!  (Read 18199 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2021, 06:46:28 PM »
I will be picking up a new truck someday in the future in IA and driving back to NV. I just hope the prices don't climb in the next 5-6 months like they have in the last 6. If they do I can't even imagine what it will cost to fill up several times on the trip home. :(

bob

Fill it with unicorn farts you will get better mileage.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2021, 07:21:11 PM »
Fill it with unicorn farts you will get better mileage.

I was going to take a trip to the Rainbow Forest and try to catch a Unicorn then I found out they pooped skittles and the engine wouldn't burn the sugar. I was thinking maybe I could get to Rock Candy Mountain and catch some minks so I could squeeze them for their oil. I wonder how miles per mink I can get. :)

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2021, 10:09:07 AM »
Oh good grief.
Yes it was inconsiderate to spray paint someone's property but.....
One: It a APC not a tank
Two: It's..... oh never mind

Indiana community, veterans disrespected by ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ vandalism
https://www.wave3.com/2021/11/16/indiana-community-veterans-disrespected-by-lets-go-brandon-vandalism/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 10:54:03 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2021, 12:08:07 PM »
I agree with the article. I hope they catch the vandals.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2021, 12:13:09 PM »
They should repaint it, then get a local sign painter who can do a better job with professional lettering of the message.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2021, 01:31:02 PM »
They should repaint it, then get a local sign painter who can do a better job with professional lettering of the message.

Concur. The vandals are occupying the White House.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2021, 06:28:03 PM »
Let's go Brandon = Burning the flag
    As a friend said, I think it should be equated with burning the flag, in essence, that’s what they are doing. https://t.co/0WrJzFSkwv

— Rep. Gloria Johnson (@VoteGloriaJ) November 15, 2021

So does this mean burning the flag is suddenly not protected by the 1st? Do the math, do the math.

State representative thinks ‘Let’s go Brandon’ should be equated with burning the flag
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/11/16/state-representative-thinks-lets-go-brandon-should-be-equated-with-burning-the-flag/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2021, 09:08:57 PM »
The bottom line - Let's Go Brandon is _simultaneously_ ridiculing/exposing Biden's incompetence, and... ridiculing the media's fawning over him...

And the media does NOT like that.
Blog under construction

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2021, 06:59:24 PM »
Part of me wants to put a "Lets Go Brandon" bumper sticker on her car.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2021, 06:03:50 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #260 on: November 20, 2021, 06:59:03 PM »
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."

Alinsky

We need to keep an eye out for the next chance...
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2021, 02:43:48 PM »
Yes... comedy has conventionally been "liberal" because it is attacking a conservative "establishment."

Now establishment is insanely leftist, comedy should naturally become more "conservative"... at least comedy that is actually funny.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2021, 10:37:19 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2021, 10:13:40 AM »
Yes... comedy has conventionally been "liberal" because it is attacking a conservative "establishment."

Now establishment is insanely leftist, comedy should naturally become more "conservative"... at least comedy that is actually funny.

Would "anti-establishment" be a better description? 

At one time that meant leftist counter-culture people.  These days, those people are in power.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2021, 01:59:25 PM »
Would "anti-establishment" be a better description? 

Yes!  You are right.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2021, 09:56:01 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2021, 05:48:30 PM »
I should have gone back to get a pic. Out to town today and someone was in the median dressed as the grinch complete with face paint and sporting a Let's Go Brandon sign. 
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2021, 12:09:22 AM »
If you want a picture, how about this one?  Just find the "appropriate" places to put them (gas pumps, grocers, etc.).
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2021, 09:23:13 AM »
I ordered a batch off of Amazon.
Tagged both of the convenience stores in town last week. As of yesterday evening both stickers are still in place.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #269 on: November 29, 2021, 09:48:40 AM »
I ordered a batch off of Amazon.
Tagged both of the convenience stores in town last week. As of yesterday evening both stickers are still in place.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51713828640_408789b425_

Oh man - I'm off to Amazon to copy you!  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2021, 09:52:24 AM »
I see them them everywhere here. All you are doing is screwing over the low wage job employee that has to go scrape off the stickers. Buy a billboard or put a sign on your stuff.
AKA Navy Joe   

HankB

• friend
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2021, 10:46:25 AM »
I see them them everywhere here. All you are doing is screwing over the low wage job employee that has to go scrape off the stickers. Buy a billboard or put a sign on your stuff.
You mean they'd rather stand out by the street twirling a big arrow with the word "SALE" or "OPEN" on it?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2021, 10:49:06 AM »
You mean they'd rather stand out by the street twirling a big arrow with the word "SALE" or "OPEN" on it?

Bet many would rather be twirling a big  "Lets Go Brandon" sign
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2021, 11:17:44 AM »

The stickers are pretty low tack adhesive and peel right off, since the ones I've put up are still in place over a week later I don't think anyone has been inconvenienced.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2021, 02:42:56 PM »
Still not your property. Since we are the people who still think property means something.
AKA Navy Joe