Author Topic: Let's Go Brandon!  (Read 18469 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2021, 03:07:23 PM »
Gotta agree with French on this one.  I love "Let's go Brandon" as non-vulgar mockery; it's an excellent piece and we should keep it.  But, we should hold higher standards than tagging it on others property, IMO.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2021, 05:44:43 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2021, 05:50:41 PM »
Gotta agree with French on this one.  I love "Let's go Brandon" as non-vulgar mockery; it's an excellent piece and we should keep it.  But, we should hold higher standards than tagging it on others property, IMO.

Harmless prank, stickers peel off with no residue ( at least the ones I have do) some folks got no sense of humor.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2021, 06:01:07 PM »
Harmless prank, stickers peel off with no residue ( at least the ones I have do) some folks got no sense of humor.

I have seen some with semi-permanent adhesive.  (I know that because someone tried to peel them off)  If you have easy-peel stickers, I agree it's harmless fun.
"It's good, though..."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2021, 06:04:05 PM »

How would you feel if you came out of a store and saw a ANTIFA sticker someone slapped on the back of your vehicle?  Even if it came right off, you'd still be unhappy, yea?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2021, 06:33:16 PM »
How would you feel if you came out of a store and saw a ANTIFA sticker someone slapped on the back of your vehicle?  Even if it came right off, you'd still be unhappy, yea?

Not a good argument, really. Making fun of Joe Biden is not the same as tagging someone as a supporter of a violent, fascist, terroristic, criminal organization.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2021, 06:46:13 PM »
I have seen some with semi-permanent adhesive.  (I know that because someone tried to peel them off)  If you have easy-peel stickers, I agree it's harmless fun.

Heat makes it a snap for every sticker I've tried it on.  In summer, park with that side of the car facing the sun, in winter use a heat gun or a hair dryer.

I agree, though, that bumper-sticking someone else's property (regardless of ease of removal) is stooping to a low level, akin to spraying graffiti on someone's property.  (Although I've seen some wall painting which reaches the level of fine art, presumably with permission.)

A while ago i was just about to suggest we use the acronym "LGB" to surreptitiously indicate "Let's Go Brandon," but a little Tinkerbelle-like fairy fluttered by and advised me that maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

Thanks, Tinkerbelle.  I owe you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 07:02:40 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2021, 07:00:09 PM »
If ANTIFA a sticker is the least of your worries
But I do get your point
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 08:31:10 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2021, 07:50:09 PM »
I had fantasies twenty years ago of sneaking around the PETA parking garage and planting nuke the whales, visualize whirled peas, or seal clubber stickers on vehicles. But I didn't, too immature a thing to do even then. Building still needs a JDAM, but I digress...  I hope there are plenty of FJB Christmas lights, if you guys want to rent a billboard I will chip in, just not on other people's stuff. 
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2021, 08:20:28 PM »
Heat makes it a snap for every sticker I've tried it on.  In summer, park with that side of the car facing the sun, in winter use a heat gun or a hair dryer.

I agree, though, that bumper-sticking someone else's property (regardless of ease of removal) is stooping to a low level, akin to spraying graffiti on someone's property.  (Although I've seen some wall painting which reaches the level of fine art, presumably with permission.)

A while ago i was just about to suggest we use the acronym "LGB" to surreptitiously indicate "Let's Go Brandon," but a little Tinkerbelle-like fairy fluttered by and advised me that maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

Thanks, Tinkerbelle.  I owe you.
You want some gas-station moron using a torch to loosen stickers on the gas pumps?  [popcorn]

(just barely related) Did Tinkerbelle look anything like this? =D
"It's good, though..."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2021, 10:47:21 PM »
Not a good argument, really. Making fun of Joe Biden is not the same as tagging someone as a supporter of a violent, fascist, terroristic, criminal organization.

I can't actually tell if you're making a joke or not.  I believe many of the left view "Let's go brandon" as being tagged a supporter of a violent, fascist, terroristic, criminal organization.  It's pretty clear for Jan 6 that they apply all of those labels to their political opponents.

But feel free to substitute in your own objectionable political message, or heck, message you agree with. The point, which is about keeping your paws off other people's property, stands.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #286 on: November 30, 2021, 05:15:31 PM »
You want some gas-station moron using a torch to loosen stickers on the gas pumps?  [popcorn]

(just barely related) Did Tinkerbelle look anything like this? =D

How on earth did you extrapolate what I said about sunlight, hair dryers, and heat guns into torches on gasoline pumps?

Terry, 230RN

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2021, 05:22:51 PM »
I can't actually tell if you're making a joke or not.  I believe many of the left view "Let's go brandon" as being tagged a supporter of a violent, fascist, terroristic, criminal organization.  It's pretty clear for Jan 6 that they apply all of those labels to their political opponents.

But feel free to substitute in your own objectionable political message, or heck, message you agree with. The point, which is about keeping your paws off other people's property, stands.

I thought we were talking about the "I did that" stickers. Besides, if we start letting our actions be guided by what leftists think, then burning down the gas station is a legitimate form of protest, so good luck with that.

In any case, easily-reversible, non-offensive graffiti that pokes a little fun at a politician is a harmless prank; not vandalism. Lighten up, Francis.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2021, 05:30:31 PM »
How on earth did you extrapolate what I said about sunlight, hair dryers, and heat guns into torches on gasoline pumps?

Terry, 230RN

I had to work at it ;)  Hair dryers and heat guns need a cord, I'll just use this propane torch turned down low...

The Good Idea Fairy was about the LGB thing.  :laugh:
"It's good, though..."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2021, 05:33:58 PM »

I thought we were talking about the "I did that" stickers. Besides, if we start letting our actions be guided by what leftists think, then burning down the gas station is a legitimate form of protest, so good luck with that.

In any case, easily-reversible, non-offensive graffiti that pokes a little fun at a politician is a harmless prank; not vandalism. Lighten up, Francis.

IMHO Francis's point is still valid, even if he needs to lighten up.  The nearly impossible to remove stickers are probably over the line.
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2021, 06:29:45 PM »
I'm having a tough time figuring out how the level of stickiness allows one to discriminate right from wrong.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2021, 06:32:23 PM »
I'm having a tough time figuring out how the level of stickiness allows one to discriminate right from wrong.

Thaaaaaaaaaat's what she said.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2021, 07:04:33 PM »

Think smarter.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #293 on: December 04, 2021, 08:15:46 PM »
Finally saw one of those stickers in Barnhart, MO.

As for the level of stickiness making it wrong or right, it's not complicated. If a sticker peels off easily, then it does no permanent damage, and costs nothing to remove. If I poured a bucket of paint on your car, but the next rainfall washed it off, wouldn't that be a lot different than something more permanent?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #294 on: December 10, 2021, 07:54:38 AM »
So the golf ball company Titleist is refusing to process custom golf ball orders with the words "Lets go Brandon". In the meantime:

Certain political and vulgar messages that Fox News Digital tested on the website did not receive the same error message including "F Trump", "ACAB", "Antifa", "Kill Cops", "Impeach Trump" and "Kill Trump."

The company has so far not responded to questions. It will be interesting to see what their PR dept comes up with given the above.

https://news.yahoo.com/titleist-blocks-customers-personalizing-golf-002212982.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #295 on: December 10, 2021, 07:56:00 AM »
Has Titleist also flagged FJB?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #296 on: December 20, 2021, 06:11:40 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #297 on: December 24, 2021, 02:34:03 PM »

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #298 on: December 24, 2021, 03:11:20 PM »
Brandon agrees!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1474447403289755651

:rofl:

The question is, Is Biden that clueless and just parroting, or is he being cool and going with it?  Wonder if Secret Service is going to visit "Jared?"

https://nypost.com/2021/12/24/biden-says-i-agree-when-dad-drops-lets-go-brandon-on-call/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #299 on: December 24, 2021, 03:24:56 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes