Author Topic: Wear a mask, get the vac & booster - it'll do nothing for you  (Read 932 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Wear a mask, get the vac & booster - it'll do nothing for you
« on: October 04, 2021, 08:19:46 PM »
Yep, that's all anyone has to do: wear a mask, get vaccinated, get the vaccine booster, you'll be fine.  Or not.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/richardson-isd-teacher-student-die-from-covid-19-complications

From the article:

District officials said Piascyk was fully vaccinated and had received a booster shot.

She worked in one of the school districts that has mandated mask wearing, so I'd bet she wore one at work if not everywhere.

The article is lacking in details, so maybe she had one or more co-morbidity's.   

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Wear a mask, get the vac & booster - it'll do nothing for you
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 08:24:03 PM »
1) Everyone has co-morbidities - that is the beauty of the propaganda.

2) Mortality happens, often for some strange reasons. Maybe she was just pretty run down, and the nasty cold turned into pneumonia, as they are wont to do, and...

Or...

3) Did the treatment kill her?
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 08:51:58 PM »
The solution is to get all of the vaccines once per month, and wear 14 N95 masks, and 4 face shields. And rubber gloves. And a rabbit's foot.

Don't forget to wear your St. Fauci medallion, too...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 09:33:09 PM »
To (mis)quote Rick and Morty:

Rick: We’re gonna live our lives until we die. Possibly by the Chinese Pox. More likely auto accident or heart disease. But possibly Chinese Pox.     
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 06:25:34 AM »
Well, I got my booster shot and one of the super-duper 8-gauge 150 octane blown to 1.5 atmospheres heavy-duty senior citizen's flu shots yesterday.

Yep, both at once, so now both shoulders are a little sore.

Tell you what, if I die, I'll post it so all the anti-vaxers can crow about it. Not that I'm unsympathetic to their position, but I am in a high risk group.

One of my angel-ladies in our building gave me an unexpected full front to front hug the other day.

That's what I get for not even being in Condition Orange re C-19.  Normally I prefer air hugs and air handshakes and air kisses but she surprised me.  I'm so luvible.

But that's not why I got the shots.

I just happened to be in the clinic on another matter yesterday and asked at the front desk if it were possible to get the shots done ahead of the e-mail notification game and she did a little computer clickety-clickie mousie magic and said yes, honey, go to the internal medicine section and they'll be ready for you.

So I did. Hi, poke, poke, 'bye. And she called me sweetie. I'm sooooo luvible.

Luvible Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 06:52:16 AM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 08:41:41 AM »
1) Everyone has co-morbidities - that is the beauty of the propaganda.

2) Mortality happens, often for some strange reasons. Maybe she was just pretty run down, and the nasty cold turned into pneumonia, as they are wont to do, and...

Or...

3) Did the treatment kill her?
Comorbidities is a reason to get the vaccine they say.  But it didn't help this lady for one reason or another. 

I almost missed that the article said a 16 year old student died as well in that school district. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 09:59:31 AM »

All science and logic aside, the vaccine protects you from Government-induced unemployment and poverty.  ;/
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 10:23:35 AM »
All science and logic aside, the vaccine protects you from Government-induced unemployment and poverty.  ;/

We had been talking about the possibility of things like denial of unemployment insurance. I just read that a woman in Vermont was fired for not taking the vaccine, and the unemployment office in that state denied her claim because it was "her fault" that she was fired.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 10:47:16 AM »
^^^I understand that the Washington state agency is taking the same approach, unless you have a medical exemption.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 11:10:55 AM »
^^^I understand that the Washington state agency is taking the same approach, unless you have a medical exemption.

They won't recognize religious exemptions?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 05:41:38 PM »
They won't recognize religious exemptions?

Since when do Lefties believe in any religion?  Other than their government overlords, that is.  ;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 05:47:02 PM »
I googled around to figure out legitimate religious exemptions on vax. I found this article.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2021/09/11/covid-19-few-religions-have-doctrinal-reasons-avoid-vaccine/8271710002/

From the article

The vast majority of Christian denominations have no theological opposition to vaccines, including Eastern Orthodox, Amish, Anglican, Baptist, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mennonites, Quakers and Pentecostal Christians, according to Vanderbilt University Medical Center research.

Christian denominations with a theological opposition to vaccination

The only Christian denominations who cite a theological reason for opposing vaccines are the Dutch Reformed Church and Church of Christ, Scientist, according to Vanderbilt.

Some members of the Dutch Reformed Church decline vaccines because it "interferes with divine providence," while others accept it as a gift from God, Vanderbilt research shows.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2021, 05:52:21 PM »
Jehovah's Witness don't have a problem with it?  They were really high on my list.  Also Scientologists.

Other Christian religions might not have a problem with vaccines in general but with this one in particular because it is made using aborted human fetus cells.  There is no human matter in the vaccine itself, (it has all been filtered out) but using aborted cells in the production of it legitimizes and capitalizes on abortion.  Either human life is sacred or it's not.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2021, 06:33:31 PM »
I googled around to figure out legitimate religious exemptions on vax. I found this article.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2021/09/11/covid-19-few-religions-have-doctrinal-reasons-avoid-vaccine/8271710002/

From the article

Well, Reagan was Dutch Reformed, so you can't go wrong there.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2021, 09:33:29 PM »
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/wont-get-the-covid-vaccine-if-youre-fired-you-may-not-get-unemployment-benefits-2021-09-29

According to the article, each state determines eligibility for unemployment of fired employees.  From the article:

[Can You Collect Unemployment If You’re Fired For Not Getting The Covid Vaccine?

In short, probably not. If an employer terminates you because you don’t follow its policies, it has “cause” to fire you. And if you’re fired “for cause,” you may be ineligible to claim unemployment benefits.

“Every state defines ‘for cause’ differently,” Mariel Smith, partner at law firm Hall Booth Smith, PC. “Most states have similar statutes that indicate if an employee is terminated for breaking company policy, the employee would be denied unemployment benefits.”

I couldn't find any info on the poor young lady's vaccination status, most likely not being reported due to her age.*  Her school district has mandated mask wearing.

*Or possibly due to my lacking any significant search skills.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2021, 10:30:09 PM »
Well, I got my booster shot and one of the super-duper 8-gauge 150 octane blown to 1.5 atmospheres heavy-duty senior citizen's flu shots yesterday.

Yep, both at once, so now both shoulders are a little sore.

Tell you what, if I die, I'll post it so all the anti-vaxers can crow about it. Not that I'm unsympathetic to their position, but I am in a high risk group.

One of my angel-ladies in our building gave me an unexpected full front to front hug the other day.

That's what I get for not even being in Condition Orange re C-19.  Normally I prefer air hugs and air handshakes and air kisses but she surprised me.  I'm so luvible.

But that's not why I got the shots.

I just happened to be in the clinic on another matter yesterday and asked at the front desk if it were possible to get the shots done ahead of the e-mail notification game and she did a little computer clickety-clickie mousie magic and said yes, honey, go to the internal medicine section and they'll be ready for you.

So I did. Hi, poke, poke, 'bye. And she called me sweetie. I'm sooooo luvible.

Luvible Terry, 230RN

Since you went to all the trouble of posting that,  I  don't think a single person here that you designate "anti vaxers"  (I'm all about real vaccines) would crow about your demise, vaccine related or otherwise.

Your body,  your choice.  Kindly afford me the same courtesy.

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2021, 11:16:47 PM »
Well, Reagan was Dutch Reformed, so you can't go wrong there.  =)

Which one, there appears to be several hundred different Dutch Reformed churches.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 12:24:14 AM »
"Not that I'm unsympathetic to their (anti-vaxxers) position, but I am in a high risk group."

For those having  further interest:

Me, early this AM:

"Well, I got my booster shot and one of the super-duper 8-gauge 150 octane blown to 1.5 atmospheres heavy-duty senior citizen's flu shots yesterday.

Yep, both at once, so now both shoulders are a little sore."

Got a bit of a fever spike almost exactly 24 hours after the shots (~3 PM), 99.8° F and I always feel a bit punk with any kind of fever.  Took a nap, woke up about 9:00 PM, back down to 98.7° F.  My normal is about 97.8° F or so, digital and Hg --yes, I still have a mercury thermometer.

Not sure which shot caused it, or maybe both, or maybe something else.

Ugly blue band-aids fell off.  Color struck me as forcibly "woke."

("Woke" = "awakened" for those who speak English.)

Terry, 230RN

ETA Wednesday morning, temp is now 97.9° F digital.

This information may only be interesting to other high risk people who are getting a super flu shot simultaneously with  C-19 booster shot.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 12:47:55 PM by 230RN »