Author Topic: School boards and the DOJ  (Read 2322 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: School boards and the DOJ
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2021, 07:27:58 AM »
I didn't know we had school districts with their own departments.  I would expect the state level politicians to get involved in this.  However, that needs to be taken to court.
There are a number of strange entities with their own police departments.  School systems, universities, airports, and hospitals, to name a few.

I personally think that entities which need full-time police protection should have to contract through their local police or Sheriff's office.  The school (for instance) could fund the hiring, training, and equipping of as many additional officers they need with special assignments and hours to provide service to the school, but the command structure should always pass through a legitimate department.

More proof of my belief that 99% of law enforcement officers/agents will happily engage in jack booted thuggery to keep their paycheck.
I doubt it is nearly that high, but it doesn't need to be.  25% would be plenty.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2021, 08:57:06 AM »
It occurs to me that the lefty outrage over parental involvement in education is a lot like the Indian boarding school program from back about a hundred years ago, or thereabouts.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2021, 08:59:30 AM »
There are a number of strange entities with their own police departments.  School systems, universities, airports, and hospitals, to name a few.

I personally think that entities which need full-time police protection should have to contract through their local police or Sheriff's office.  The school (for instance) could fund the hiring, training, and equipping of as many additional officers they need with special assignments and hours to provide service to the school, but the command structure should always pass through a legitimate department.
I doubt it is nearly that high, but it doesn't need to be.  25% would be plenty.
It also sounds to me like there ought to be some motivated people running for school board to replace the people who are there. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2021, 11:02:30 AM »
It also sounds to me like there ought to be some motivated people running for school board to replace the people who are there.

Better sic the education cops on them, too.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2021, 11:43:12 AM »

The local university which I went to was three cars and 6-8 officers when I attended a decade and a half ago. Now they are twice as large as the city force is which the university is in and better funded and equipped. Doesn’t sit right with me.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2021, 04:38:45 PM »
The local university which I went to was three cars and 6-8 officers when I attended a decade and a half ago. Now they are twice as large as the city force is which the university is in and better funded and equipped. Doesn’t sit right with me.
I think Texas A&M was like that in the early 90's, but might have been bigger.  They did a lot of parking tickets and speeding tickets on campus.  However, there are 20K to 30K more students now so I am sure the department is larger. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2021, 08:54:56 PM »

And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.
Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2021, 02:41:03 AM »
Anyone else remember an APS discussion from several years ago, about disarming all the other alphabet agencies, and cabinet departments, and having the FBI handle all the dangerous stuff for them? hilarious

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2021, 01:45:03 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2021, 02:11:40 PM »
More Texas school board chicanery.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-dads-arrested-school-board-meetings-superintendent
Sounds like the local county attorney is trying to decide how the political winds blow before deciding to press charges.  Sounds like a mess of local elected officials that need to be thrown out.