Author Topic: School boards and the DOJ  (Read 2314 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
School boards and the DOJ
« on: October 06, 2021, 11:26:56 AM »
I think these school boards screaming for the DOJ to take action against parents for criticizing them need to be strongly reminded who they work for.
Aren't school boards mostly made up of elected positions?
Should be an fairly straightforward process. Vote the asshats out of the position and/or recall them all.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-calls-doj-targeting-parents-attending-school-board-meetings-disturbing

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-launching-effort-to-combat-threats-of-violence-against-school-officials
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
Re: School boards and the DOJ
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 11:35:24 AM »
Problem is it's Statist Asshat A vs. Statist Asshat B in all the school board elections.  I'd love to see some voters vote in "no one" and leave a school board vacant for a year or two.  I'm sure the schools could limp along.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 11:35:56 AM »
The school boards demanding the feds get involved is one thing. The feds actually doing so is another and that's the bigger problem. The fact that Garland might have been a SCJ is just infuriating to me, considering the stuff he's been doing under this administration.

Where is this school bard meeting violence they are talking about? Other than the usual SJW definition of "violence" as anything they don't like, or people yelling at them? If there is in fact a potential physical violence problem, that is a local LE issue, not a fed issue.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 11:49:32 AM »
Problem is it's Statist Asshat A vs. Statist Asshat B in all the school board elections.  I'd love to see some voters vote in "no one" and leave a school board vacant for a year or two.  I'm sure the schools could limp along.

x2

State and Fed rules/regs pretty much dictate what schools can and can't do, so yes they could limp along without a school board.

School boards mostly set budget and approve contracts.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 12:40:13 PM »

School boards mostly set budget and approve contracts.

And -- theoretically -- establish curriculum. In practice, that usually amounts to rubber stamping whatever the superintendent and "staff" recommend.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 12:44:59 PM »
And -- theoretically -- establish curriculum. In practice, that usually amounts to rubber stamping whatever the superintendent and "staff" recommend.

Depending upon the state, sometimes that is done at the state level (sometimes feds too)

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 07:48:08 PM »
'I'm A Little Worried About What My Son Is Learning In School,' Says Dangerous Domestic Terrorist
https://babylonbee.com/news/im-a-little-worried-about-what-my-son-is-learning-in-school-says-dangerous-domestic-terrorist

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2021, 07:06:36 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2021, 07:13:03 PM »
OK, but where are the resignations?

You mean commendations? They'll be forthcoming for the brave school board.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2021, 08:09:34 PM »
You mean commendations? They'll be forthcoming for the brave school board.

Order of Lenin

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2021, 09:30:32 AM »
Not the school board, but the person running the NSBA, who colluded with DOJ on the "domestic terrorist" label, has been tapped to serve on the Federal Education Governing Board. So I guess a promotion.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/10/26/just-wow-biden-admin-taps-nsba-president-who-sent-parents-are-domestic-terrorists-letter-to-serve-on-fed-education-governing-board/

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2021, 10:15:01 AM »
Well democrats do seem to fail up.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2021, 03:23:47 PM »
I have a friend on our local school board.  Apparently,  Ohio School Boards Association is cutting ties with the National School Boards Association.  Their letter leaving the group says they want no part in labeling parents as domestic terrorists, and encourage all parents to come to meetings and speak their minds.  Local school boards around the state are following suit and terminating their membership.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2021, 03:30:43 PM »

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2021, 04:44:41 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2021, 05:21:44 PM »
So far, I believe it's been reported the Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Missouri boards have left the NSBA. Does anyone know of others?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2021, 12:02:28 PM »
Map of states that have "distanced themselves" from the NSBA. States that have cut ties completely are in purple. Will be interesting to see how these states vote in the next few elections, especially since Virginia is only green, and look what kind of red wave they just had.

Source

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2021, 03:04:33 PM »
I’ve been an elected school board member in Illinois since 2001 w a 4 year hiatus but I was on a regional board of school trustees during part of my 4 years off.
I’m in a 2000 student K-12 rural district with none of the bull feces that some urban woke districts push. We just don’t have those issues and my board is pretty well grounded in common sense and Midwest values.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2021, 03:48:35 PM »
... my board is pretty well grounded in common sense and Midwest values.

So you're all white supremacists then.   :lol:

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2021, 11:54:58 AM »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2021, 12:10:34 PM »
The solution isn't to legitimize their power by taking the seat.

The solution is to take your children, and their associated tax revenue, to an alternate form of education and fund a better system.  Dismantle it.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2021, 01:44:28 PM »
Don’t speak out at a school board meeting or we will send our personal Gestapo force to arrest you.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/26/armed-agents-in-texas-school-district-arrest-concerned-parents-in-their-own-homes/?fbclid=IwAR13gFOp_u8_lIOLLYjt1QOzXfxvftgp5t7Jl9Sj7h322DPjLhtL86z_fPY

If the GOP wants red states to stay red, they need to start cleaning up this garbage in their own jurisdictions. And they need to make a lot of noise about it, as well.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2021, 02:24:55 PM »
Weirdly, a local BLM agitator was arrested at our local school board meeting and wasn’t charged as a terrorist. This woman has been causing all kinds of crap locally including reporting our school as being racist to the DPI ( allegations were investigated and were found not actually real), and trying to organize a BLM March in our town (the ‘raysiss’ city board wouldn’t allow the March without the organizer taking out an insurance policy to cover the March first  =D =D ). She finally rage quit recently on social media stating that she was moving out of our systematically racist city (well bye).

She’s a white middle aged woman, who uses her status of being married to an African- American as a reason to declare everyone else a racist. I know her husband, he’s an African immigrant and is a really cool guy who made the mistake of marrying a screeching liberal shrew wife.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/6026396001
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2021, 02:46:47 PM »
Don’t speak out at a school board meeting or we will send our personal Gestapo force to arrest you.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/26/armed-agents-in-texas-school-district-arrest-concerned-parents-in-their-own-homes/?fbclid=IwAR13gFOp_u8_lIOLLYjt1QOzXfxvftgp5t7Jl9Sj7h322DPjLhtL86z_fPY
I didn't know we had school districts with their own departments.  I would expect the state level politicians to get involved in this.  However, that needs to be taken to court. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2021, 05:43:59 PM »
More proof of my belief that 99% of law enforcement officers/agents will happily engage in jack booted thuggery to keep their paycheck.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams