Author Topic: Soaking: the hot new trend from LDS youth  (Read 2295 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Soaking: the hot new trend from LDS youth
« on: October 07, 2021, 05:37:25 PM »
https://nypost.com/2021/09/27/what-is-soaking-the-mormon-teen-sex-act-going-viral/

Another item on the list of things I never thought about.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: Soaking: the hot new trend from LDS youth
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 05:56:37 PM »
Food rules and restrictions on a natural necessity.

Sexual rules and restrictions on a natural necessity.

All for guilt-control.

If they could somehow sinnify breathing, they would.

I've lit this fuse before... have at it.

Terry, 230RN

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 05:58:09 PM »

If they could sinnify breathing, they would.

Sinhaling.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 08:53:07 PM »
I see it as people adding all sorts of legalistic and overly detailed rules/sins.  There was a line drawn and people are walking right up on the line.  The bureaucrat thinks they should stay 10 feet away so adds all sorts of petty rules that turn a simple line into a huge confusing grey area. 

The author doesn't seem to know anyone who actually did this so it might just be BS or just someone trying to justify something they know they did. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 09:28:13 PM »
"Ah trahd marijuana once but ah didn't inhale."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 09:36:59 PM »
I heard about it several years ago on one of those ridiculous Amish Mafia shows.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 09:38:15 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 09:46:05 PM »
I knew some Catholic girls who had some convoluted religious justifications they could make with a straight face for some of their activities. Not sure the pope would have agreed.  Then again, maybe he would have.

Of course, it isn’t just religious rules that people flagrantly break with the flimsiest of excuses. Heck, look at how they handle the Constitution these days.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 10:16:32 PM »

Sexual rules and restrictions on a natural necessity.

Sex is very important, that is why religious restrictions exist on it, and are so strict.  Sex is needed to create families, and have them stick together... to make more people.

When people are virgins at marriage, their divorce rate is extremely low, and the certainity of paternity is very high.  This makes men want to work hard to protect and take care of their children (because they know they are their own).  My wife and I were both virgins when we married.  I have never had sex with another woman to compare her to... we are bonded together tightly because of this.  When I think about sex, I think about her

Here is a summary of a journal article discussing the correlation between virginity and divorce.

https://socialpathology.blogspot.com/2010/09/sexual-partner-divorce-risk.html

America has thrown away sexual morality.  The results have been horrible.  The divorce rate is about 40-50%.  Over 40% of American kids are bastards... who grow up greatly disadvantaged, probably on welfare, with a much greater likelihood of pathologies.  Around 20% of Americans have a sexually transmitted disease.  Around a fourth of women will kill one of their own children with an abortion.  Americans won't even have enough kids to stop our population from declining.

I am sure it is very fun to have sex with women you are not married to, but God has forbidden it for a reason... it is destructive. 

Religious sexual morality exists because it works.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2021, 11:06:05 PM »
Sex is very important, that is why religious restrictions exist on it, and are so strict.  Sex is needed to create families, and have them stick together... to make more people.

When people are virgins at marriage, their divorce rate is extremely low, and the certainity of paternity is very high.  This makes men want to work hard to protect and take care of their children (because they know they are their own).  My wife and I were both virgins when we married.  I have never had sex with another woman to compare her to... we are bonded together tightly because of this.  When I think about sex, I think about her

Here is a summary of a journal article discussing the correlation between virginity and divorce.

[attachment removed]

America has thrown away sexual morality.  The results have been horrible.  The divorce rate is about 40-50%.  Over 40% of American kids are bastards... who grow up greatly disadvantaged, probably on welfare, with a much greater likelihood of pathologies.  Around 20% of Americans have a sexually transmitted disease.  Around a fourth of women will kill one of their own children with an abortion.  Americans won't even have enough kids to stop our population from declining.

I am sure it is very fun to have sex with women you are not married to, but God has forbidden it for a reason... it is destructive. 

Amen!  My wife and I were both virgins when we got married (well, almost, but it was with each other a couple of times after we were engaged and the wedding scheduled)  We've been married since 1986.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 07:55:09 AM »
I don't think I'll be asking my Mormon neighbors about this anytime... ever.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 08:33:13 AM »

Conveniently, having sex with only one person lowers the odds of running across one of the millions of people out there with psychological issues stemming from their guilt-ridden feelings about sex, or recognizing it if you do, so there's that as well.

America has thrown away repressive monotheistic sexual morality, which was OK.  It failed to replace it with a culture of personal responsibility for ones actions, which in many more ways than sex is suboptimal.

It is very fun, and my Gods have done no such thing.  as far as working that might not be the best barometer. Saudi Arabia and the Taliban have very low divorce rates.  I guess Man Love Thursday and buggery work as well.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2021, 09:29:20 AM »
Highlighting why I dislike hardline conservatives as much as their purple haired kin. Vote them in and there would be no blooming of small government and constitutional ideals. Just their version of the taliban.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2021, 09:37:21 AM »

It’s almost as if pair bonding is a thing, and people, women in particular, lose that aspect after a few partners. Most divorces actions are initiated by women.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

230RN

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2021, 09:39:18 AM »
Man Love Thursday?

Holy Cow, never heard of that before.  I'm neither for nor against homosexuality or same-sex marriages or a host of other blue-law things that are none of my business, like cows that are holy.

That's a new one on me.  Another interesting way that popular culture can override religious strictures.

:rofl:

Terry, 230RN

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2021, 09:49:07 AM »
Highlighting why I dislike hardline conservatives as much as their purple haired kin. Vote them in and there would be no blooming of small government and constitutional ideals. Just their version of the taliban.
Out of curiosity, what in this thread highlighted the evil of hardline conservatives?  I'm not necessarily disagreeing - there have been plenty of folks on the right who live up to your description, I'm just not seeing who in this thread was obviously preparing to spin up a version of the taliban.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2021, 09:55:42 AM »
'Out of curiosity, what in this thread highlighted the evil of hardline conservatives?'

Isn't it obvious?

Belief in God -- Conservative
Belief in moral code -- Conservative
Believe in a God-based moral code -- OH MY GOD WORSE THAN HITLER HARDLINE CONSERVATIVE!!

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2021, 10:10:13 AM »
^ I've mentioned before that one of the vulnerabilities of the conservative side at the ballot box was just what you're pointing out (and don't call it a joke.)

But noooo.... we gotta have that ole time religion or else.

Conservative politics must be unlinked from religion.

It's like a battalion of archers in a tank battle.  They will get run over.  Poor strategy.

"But noooo.... we gotta have that ole time religion or else."

I haven't moved from that position despite the plethora of apologetics over the conservative-religious link.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 10:24:09 AM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2021, 10:53:09 AM »
^ I've mentioned before that one of the vulnerabilities of the conservative side at the ballot box was just what you're pointing out (and don't call it a joke.)

But noooo.... we gotta have that ole time religion or else.

Conservative politics must be unlinked from religion.

It's like a battalion of archers in a tank battle.  They will get run over.  Poor strategy.

"But noooo.... we gotta have that ole time religion or else."

I haven't moved from that position despite the plethora of apologetics over the conservative-religious link.

Terry, 230RN
Politics?
I only mentioned bureaucrats to point out the tendency for some to constantly add more petty rules (applies to any organization).  No one here is suggesting Govt mandates of Christian morals.  Some people do tend to leap to that assumption.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2021, 02:05:21 PM »
I don't think I'll be asking my Mormon neighbors about this anytime... ever.

Mormon neighbors in your neck of the woods?

How do they get their buggys through rush hour traffic?

OK, OK, that really was a joke.  I'll accept that one.

=D

Terry, 230RN

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2021, 04:46:01 PM »

Amish Mormans? That's a sect I've not heard of.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2021, 01:26:02 AM »
Quote from Pb on October 07, 2021, 08:16:32:

"Sex is very important, that is why religious restrictions exist on it, and are so strict.  Sex is needed to create families, and have them stick together... to make more people."

Genesis 1:28 ESV:

"And God blessed them. And God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.' ”

Global human population was about 7.9 billion in 2020 CE.

So I think we've accomplished that Biblical injunction. Let's move on.

Oh, and pair bonding is not unknown across the species, but to justify it on the basis of increasing human population is a bit outmoded.  More like teamwork adds to the survival rate, I suspect.  I'll go along with the "stick together" point on that basis, though. 

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 02:26:40 AM by 230RN »

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2021, 01:36:42 AM »
I thought this was going to be about Mormon kids soaking tampons in alcohol and putting in places they normally go and often don't go! :(

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2021, 02:47:57 PM »

America has thrown away repressive monotheistic sexual morality, which was OK.

Citation needed. I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm glad the sexual revolution hasn't been too hard on you. Some have had a different experience. To wit:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=the+fallout+of+the+sexual+revolution&t=brave&ia=web

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=victims+of+the+sexual+revolution&t=brave&ia=web

It failed to replace it with a culture of personal responsibility for ones actions, which in many more ways than sex is suboptimal.

Of course not. Escaping responsibility was the goal.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2021, 07:55:27 AM »

OK, OK, that really was a joke.  I'll accept that one.

=D

Terry, 230RN

I live in a row of 3 townhouses; I'm in the center house. Up until a few years ago my neighbors on either side were Mormons.

The one neighbors Grandfather was one of the 12 Mormon apostles.

One of my friends at the time called me the Methodist Meat in the Mormon Sandwich...

The one good thing about living next to Mormons is that the Elders on their missions tend to skip your house. But, I have frequently spoken with them. Uniformly nice kids. At some of the Sisters who have been doing their missions have been quite... cute.

As for buggies, I grew up in Amish country in Pennsylvania. Mormons ain't Amish/Mennonite.