Author Topic: I'm shocked, shocked to find government fraud going on in here  (Read 547 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
I'm shocked, shocked to find government fraud going on in here
« on: October 09, 2021, 11:36:53 AM »

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/10/atf-fraud-finally-recognized-by-national-media/

The gist of it revolves around fraudulent pay practices, with certain employees reaping millions in unearned Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP). The ironic thing is, the feds are prosecuting an Illinois police officer for fraudulent timekeeping because his department had received federal funds and he now faces up to 10 years in prison. That means some of these  “time bandits” could end up becoming “prohibited persons.”

(wishful thinking, IMO)

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/atf-accused-of-fraud-and-wasteful-spending/#x

I suppose the wasteful spending is a given.  AFT is a .gov agency, after all.

We'll see if any heads roll because of the fraud.  My guess is no.  They can shoot dogs and stomp kittens with impunity, so what's a little monetary malfeasance?

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
Re: I'm shocked, shocked to find government fraud going on in here
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 07:39:17 PM »
Government fraud is like an iceberg - only about 10% is ever visible above the surface.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 11:18:47 PM »
Government fraud is like an iceberg - only about 10% is ever visible above the surface.

:rofl: You think that much is showing?  Really?!?  :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »
:rofl: You think that much is showing?  Really?!?  :facepalm:  [barf]
Point taken. In fact, move the decimal point. Two places left.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 10:51:37 AM »
Iceberg? More like a twinkie, a really big twinkie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13CZnUCOaQ
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes