Author Topic: Southwest Airline delays  (Read 5587 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Southwest Airline delays
« on: October 10, 2021, 09:54:58 AM »
News is reporting multiple reasons why ...

Yet, I've heard reports
"Jacksonville Center ATC controllers walked out last night over the vaccine mandate. Shut the whole thing down.

If the controllers walked out last night then our news media is censoring that information.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Southwest Airline delays
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 09:58:14 AM »
Wouldn't a walk-out affect everything flying out of there? If other carriers are facing the same thing, that would be evidence that controllers potentially walked out.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 10:00:48 AM »
Wouldn't a walk-out affect everything flying out of there? If other carriers are facing the same thing, that would be evidence that controllers potentially walked out.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/duval-county/flight-delays-blamed-limited-staffing-jacksonville-air-traffic-control-center-weather/OHOVJKKIHNHOHBNKHVVBZA34YI/

I figured I could get better info here at APS instead of believing the media!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 10:52:36 AM »
Jamis is on  FB. You could message  him and ask if he heard anything.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 11:43:39 AM »
I wonder how a walkout or strike by air traffic controllers TODAY would fare, compared to the PATCO strike during the Reagan administration.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 12:12:15 PM »
I wonder how a walkout or strike by air traffic controllers TODAY would fare, compared to the PATCO strike during the Reagan administration.

They are just expendable employees, probably mostly white males anyway, just fill the slots with H1B/diversity hires. Problem solved.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 02:12:07 PM »
Jamis is on  FB. You could message  him and ask if he heard anything.

Almost a year since I deactivated my account.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 02:25:15 PM »

Yes, all airlines would be affected.  I have not heard anything from my company about cancellations to Flori-duh for any reason.

It looks to me like Southwest had a pilot sick-out, and JAX ATC is short-staffed, but there wasn't a controller walk-out AFAIK.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 03:08:37 PM »
The source was Jack Posobiec on Twitter, couldn't find much out there about it in regular media.

Did they say what the "sick out" was protesting?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 04:14:17 PM »
^^^I bet that all sick-outs these days are due to vaccine mandates.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 07:50:00 PM »
Hmmm
May be related or may not be. Also something about American Air

Two Amtrak trains canceled on Sunday due to ‘unforeseen crew issues’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/10/10/two-amtrak-trains-canceled-on-sunday-due-to-unforeseen-crew-issues/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2021, 07:52:37 PM »
Jamis says there was no ATC walkout, just the normal levels of short staffing and weather delays.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2021, 09:16:48 PM »
Jamis says there was no ATC walkout, just the normal levels of short staffing and weather delays.

Nurses, now pilots.  Can't wait until national carriers try and pull some fuckery with truckers.

*fat fingered spelling
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2021, 10:58:44 PM »
. . . Nurses, now pilots.  Can't wait until national carriers try and pull some fuckery with truckers.
Police, too.

I can't help wondering if Atlas is about to shrug . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2021, 11:08:22 PM »
Police, too.

There may be other indications that it has already begun. We've discussed the inability of many places being able to hire people. might be an indicator of that rather than just folks too lazy to get off the government teat.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2021, 06:01:25 AM »
Wishful thinking.  Even if some folks are "shrugging",  not enough, and not enough irreplaceable folks.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2021, 06:27:34 AM »
Police, too.

Police here have already given up more or less unless it’s revenue generation or a high profile crime. The only thing somewhat keeping the peace is ordinary citizens haven’t realized that yet. The officers I talk to hate arresting the exact same people every week only for the judges to throw them right back out. There is no punishment for being a criminal in this day and time.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2021, 08:41:04 AM »
Wishful thinking.  Even if some folks are "shrugging",  not enough, and not enough irreplaceable folks.

It started slow in Rand's book. I'm doing my part, are you?
 =D

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2021, 09:13:22 AM »
Police here have already given up more or less unless it’s revenue generation or a high profile crime. The only thing somewhat keeping the peace is ordinary citizens haven’t realized that yet. The officers I talk to hate arresting the exact same people every week only for the judges to throw them right back out. There is no punishment for being a criminal in this day and time.
From what I have heard, minimum punishments have been happening for a good while.  If they are going for zero punishment, that doesn't sound good for the future.     
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2021, 09:16:30 AM »
I heard this story mentioned on the radio this morning.  They didn't say anything about ATC walkouts.  They talked about Southwest announcing vaccine mandates recently and a certain number of pilots and others deciding they didn't like that.  They mentioned a pilots union, but no details.  That radio show often gets stories half right so take it with a grain of salt.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2021, 10:13:24 AM »
I heard this story mentioned on the radio this morning.  They didn't say anything about ATC walkouts.  They talked about Southwest announcing vaccine mandates recently and a certain number of pilots and others deciding they didn't like that.  They mentioned a pilots union, but no details.  That radio show often gets stories half right so take it with a grain of salt.

We are in the same position at my airline.  Vaccines are mandated by Biden and enforced by the company.  There are a bunch of pilots who are pushing back, but I think it is a losing battle to fight this mandate.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2021, 10:33:17 AM »
We are in the same position at my airline.  Vaccines are mandated by Biden and enforced by the company.  There are a bunch of pilots who are pushing back, but I think it is a losing battle to fight this mandate.

Are they granting any medical or religious exemptions? Pilots have to be in good health, so I wouldn't expect any medical exemptions, but what about religious?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2021, 11:04:34 AM »
Southwest pilots union says vaccine mandate not to blame for canceled flights
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/false-claims-southwest-pilots-vaccine-mandate-canceled-flights

The union hit at Southwest for the massive number of canceled flights, which continued into Monday. It said that while the problems were a “minor temporary event” for other airlines, Southwest was “devastated” because the company’s operation “has become brittle and subject to massive failures under the slightest pressure.”

The union also took Southwest to task for “putting profits ahead of people,” adding that SWAPA leadership has a meeting on Monday scheduled with Bob Waltz, the airline’s vice president of flight operations, to discuss the current issues and other monthslong complaints with the company.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2021, 12:04:34 PM »
From what I have heard, minimum punishments have been happening for a good while.  If they are going for zero punishment, that doesn't sound good for the future.     

They are more or less. Good friend of mine had a bunch of stuff stolen multiple times. His cameras got clear video and he was able with community help to ID and track the mutt who of course had a long criminal record

He goes to the sherrif’s department they don’t care a bit. Another person on his Facebook thread about it said “Yeah we’ve had 100k worth of stuff stolen from us and they haven’t done anything about it”

My widowed mom asked three months ago about putting up cameras told her not to bother the police don’t care and if you are home no cameras mean no witnesses and nothing to betray your story when you engage them.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 01:57:24 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2021, 12:51:39 PM »
Seems that some on the left are also reporting this as a vaccine walkout (also "domestic terrorists"). It'll be interesting to find out what's actually going on if it doesn't end up getting curated.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/10/11/being-this-dumb-should-be-painful-palmer-report-calls-striking-southwest-airlines-employees-domestic-terrorists-and-hello-backfire/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."