Author Topic: Southwest Airline delays  (Read 5584 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Southwest Airline delays
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2021, 02:38:24 PM »
Are they granting any medical or religious exemptions? Pilots have to be in good health, so I wouldn't expect any medical exemptions, but what about religious?

None granted yet, but the deadline to apply is this week.  The company says that is an option, though.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2021, 02:58:03 PM »
They are more or less. Good friend of mine had a bunch of stuff stolen multiple times. His cameras got clear video and he was able with community help to ID and track the mutt who of course had a long criminal record

He goes to the sherrif’s department they don’t care a bit. Another person on his Facebook thread about it said “Yeah we’ve had 100k worth of stuff stolen from us and they haven’t done anything about it”

My widowed mom asked three months ago about putting up cameras told her not to bother the police don’t care and if you are home no cameras mean no witnesses and nothing to betray your story when you engage them.
I know someone who works for the local Sheriff's Department.  He had his truck broken into one night along with several others on his street.  He talked to the a local deputy who knew who the likely suspects were plus the person left a flashlight in his truck with his name on it.  The county DA prosecuted the guy but reduced the sentence if restitution was made.  The thief made the first restitution payment then nothing more.  He may have spent a week in the county jail then was let go.  Pretty minimal punishment for a few theft and damage the homeowners won't get back. 

Sounds like your situation is worse.  I would say it is time to replace the Sheriff, but I don't know your local situation. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2021, 03:35:40 PM »
And from the Palmer Report

This attempt by unvaccinated Southwest airline employees at crippling U.S. air travel is the latest reminder that it’s a very short distance from anti-vaxxer to domestic terrorist.

— Palmer Report (@PalmerReport) October 10, 2021
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/10/11/being-this-dumb-should-be-painful-palmer-report-calls-striking-southwest-airlines-employees-domestic-terrorists-and-hello-backfire/

Say Wut?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2021, 04:53:42 PM »
And from the Palmer Report
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/10/11/being-this-dumb-should-be-painful-palmer-report-calls-striking-southwest-airlines-employees-domestic-terrorists-and-hello-backfire/

Say Wut?
I guess it means leftists were only pro-union when they were "fighting the establishment".  Now that they are the establishment, they must suppress all dissent. 

Remember some of them saying how Communism would work if they were in charge?   :rofl:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2021, 05:02:51 PM »
Weird: Many Southwest Planes Flying Banners Reading 'Let's Go Brandon'
https://babylonbee.com/news/weird-many-southwest-planes-flying-banners-reading-lets-go-brandon

Whatever the case, we can be assured that nothing is going on with Southwest's pilots, air traffic controllers, or any other members of their labor force. They're not on strike against any mandates or anything like that. That can't possibly be true because we haven't seen it on CNN yet.

Anyway, good for Southwest, and good for Brandon! Go, Brandon!

In other news.....
Southwest Airlines Offering Free Flights To All Passengers Who Are Vaccinated And Can Fly A Plane
https://babylonbee.com/news/southwest-airlines-offering-free-flights-to-all-passengers-who-are-vaccinated-and-can-fly-a-plane
The CEO then mentioned other skills that were not required, but beneficial: Experience calming herds of rabid, sleepless passengers, expertise in flying through mysterious, invisible weather events, and the ability to land the plane.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2021, 06:51:51 PM »
"By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"     :rofl:
https://youtu.be/zXpFznXb_vI?t=37

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2021, 06:55:46 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2021, 08:55:34 AM »
How does Abbots executive order banning vaccine mandates affect SW since they are based in Dallas?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2021, 09:16:26 AM »
How does Abbots executive order banning vaccine mandates affect SW since they are based in Dallas?
I hope it will get them to rethink it.  Not sure what consequences there will be to going against it (not sure about Biden's order either).

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2021, 09:17:53 AM »
Since this is related:
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10/11/texas-greg-abbott-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday issued another executive order cracking down on COVID-19 vaccine mandates — this time banning any entity in Texas, including private businesses, from requiring vaccinations for employees or customers.

I guess it is just as good as Biden's executive order and Gov. Abbott probably has more valid emergency powers.  Maybe it will give pause to companies who are thinking about a mandate.  Or at least give them an excuse not to do it.

Local radio commented that Gov. Abbott seems to do whatever Gov. DeSantis does but a few weeks to a month later (at least with Covid stuff).  Maybe some truth to that.   =)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2021, 09:23:17 AM »
Since this is related:
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10/11/texas-greg-abbott-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/
I guess it is just as good as Biden's executive order and Gov. Abbott probably has more valid emergency powers.  Maybe it will give pause to companies who are thinking about a mandate.  Or at least give them an excuse not to do it.

Local radio commented that Gov. Abbott seems to do whatever Gov. DeSantis does but a few weeks to a month later (at least with Covid stuff).  Maybe some truth to that.   =)

Tangent, but the lefty pushback to this irritates me to no end, because their response is that Abbott, DeSantis, et. al, are "banning the vaccine", thus "murdering people". I can't fathom how stupid you have to be to believe that an order against forcing something is the same as banning something.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2021, 09:25:54 AM »
Tangent, but the lefty pushback to this irritates me to no end, because their response is that Abbott, DeSantis, et. al, are "banning the vaccine", thus "murdering people". I can't fathom how stupid you have to be to believe that an order against forcing something is the same as banning something.
That response is consistent with their response to other things.  And there will be a certain number of lefties who only see those news sources that will believe the vaccine was banned.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2021, 09:27:29 AM »
It looks like Southwests staffing issues weren't related to a company wide walk out but due to unintended consequences.

I've read all the SW folks planning on not getting jabbed are trying to burn through vacation and sick days before they get fired in November.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2021, 09:32:18 AM »
It looks like Southwests staffing issues weren't related to a company wide walk out but due to unintended consequences.

I've read all the SW folks planning on not getting jabbed are trying to burn through vacation and sick days before they get fired in November.

Effectively a pre-walkout before being thrown out.  Assume everyone burning their leave now is preparing to walk.  So, in present function and future effect, it was a company wide walk out.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2021, 09:34:04 AM »
I'm not a fan of the mandates, and as the cheif executive of the state, telling .gov agencies (or at least state ones) they can't mandate a vaccine is appropriate and within his powers.

Telling private businesses what they can and can't do I don't like, regardless of which side of the vaccine issue the mandate is on.

Quote from: Abbott spokesperson, Renae Eze
Private businesses don't need government running their business.

And before anyone mentions a cake, "unvaccinated" is not a protected class under federal law.

Personally, I think Abbot, DeSantis, AND Biden are all well past their executive authorities.  We have legislatures for a reason.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2021, 09:34:09 AM »
I had to laugh this Tuesday morning.  NBC was reporting the Southwest Airline thing as "Breaking News".  I guess it took them 3 days to get the story straight.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2021, 09:34:31 AM »
Effectively a pre-walkout before being thrown out.  Assume everyone burning their leave now is preparing to walk.  So, in present function and future effect, it was a company wide walk out.
Sort of an unorganized walk-out.  That is interesting.  They all know the company rules that take effect when they get fired. 

HankB

• friend
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2021, 09:52:44 AM »
They DON'T believe it - they're simply lying about it in the hopes that YOU will believe it.

Hmmm . . . at my old employer, unused vacation days had to be paid out if a person was terminated.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2021, 10:02:17 AM »
They DON'T believe it - they're simply lying about it in the hopes that YOU will believe it.
Hmmm . . . at my old employer, unused vacation days had to be paid out if a person was terminated.

I would think that would be typical.

I took two weeks vacation before I put my resignation in at my last job. I used it to pack up the house and move things into storage.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2021, 10:17:52 AM »
I got paid for unused vacation when I retired.  But unused sick days were not.  I burned up a good 60 days of sick time while malingering with my doctors collusion who gave me a good long extra recovery time to report to the short term disability outfit when I had my prostate surgery in 2015.  I still had about a year of accrued sick time when I left that I didn't get compensated for.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2021, 10:53:35 AM »
I got paid for unused vacation when I retired.  But unused sick days were not.  I burned up a good 60 days of sick time while malingering with my doctors collusion who gave me a good long extra recovery time to report to the short term disability outfit when I had my prostate surgery in 2015.  I still had about a year of accrued sick time when I left that I didn't get compensated for.
A year plus 60 days of accrued sick time?  Wow.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2021, 10:58:26 AM »

At my old employer, you only got paid for unused vacation if you retired.  If you resigned or were terminated, you did not get paid for unused vacation.
That policy was changed some years back.  Originally, if you resigned you would be paid for unused vacation.  Termination however, resulted in a loss of unused vacation.  There was no payout.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2021, 11:27:58 AM »
When I retired from the VA I got paid for accrued annual leave but my sick leave was tacked onto my longevity for retirement. Before doing surgeries , chemo, etc for cancer I had nearly a year of sick leave saved up. After all of that I had not so much so I just used it all up before retirement. I was carrying my max annual leave from year to year (685 hours) but that took a hit also. I sold back about 400 hours when I retired.

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2021, 11:34:41 AM »
"I can't fathom how stupid you have to be to believe that an order against forcing something is the same as banning something."

They don't believe it. They know what they're saying is a lie. But the lie sounds FAR better than the actual truth of the matter.

Just like when Hobby Lobby was fighting against Obamacare's provisions on birth control. The left made it sound as if they were fighting against ALL birth control, wanting their female workers pregnant and barefoot. The truth was that they were fighting against providing a select few types of birth control. And for that they were waging all out genocidal war against women.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.