Author Topic: Southwest Airline delays  (Read 5650 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Southwest Airline delays
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2021, 12:01:01 PM »
Private companies aren't really private. For all practical purposes we are experiencing global fascism and our Fed Gov is on board with the system.

The government, financial and media corporations are pretty much using every lever of manipulation at their disposal to make sure all large corporations obey. They are obeying.

Defending corporate tyranny imposed by corporations under color of law is not defending freedom. It's defending government/corporate tyranny. Fascism.

You will obey. It won't be men with guns making you but corporations.

The Dems have figured this out perfectly. No need for big gov to force it when their close allies the big corporations will. Want to work? Good luck unless you follow our demands about whatever. Free speech? Gone, not by government action but speaking your mind will get you canceled and blacklisted from society. The landlords that are telling tenants they HAVE to have the vax? Now affecting your housing.

All this *expletive deleted*it has happened at this point.

In Nazi Germany the companies were as big of a driver of the policies and growth of the Third Reich as the government was, just like is happening today.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 08:02:55 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2021, 01:25:29 PM »
<opinion>

Once you enter any PR field...  spokesman, announcer, Media Relations, Press Secretary, Reichminister, whatever, there is no such a thing as a lie.  That's why you get the big bucks.

There is truth, if it goes your client's way, but otherwise, there is no lie, no dishonor, no shame, no eternal punishment, no self-reproach.

</opinion>
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 01:41:40 PM by 230RN »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2021, 03:57:07 PM »
Is the culture / political leanings of Southwest pilots really that different than other airlines? I don't fly much, and even when I do I've never paid much attention to which carrier it is. Is there something unique about Southwest (or United) that attracts different pilots?

We pilots are all the same:  Big egos, big watches, small dic fortunes. 

Southwest pilots have an old reputation for flying fast and being cowboys, but that isn't too accurate anymore.

American is known for flying slow and taxiing slower.

Delta is known for "wind check."  That must be in their SOPs.

United is known for complaining about everything.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2021, 05:03:46 PM »
*chuckle* I'm sorry but I think it's a little silly to be worried about big businesses being unduly influenced by the current administration at the moment.

The reason being right at this moment it's not big business or any business holding the real power in the supply and demand chain. It's the workers. If this is about the vaccine, Southwest is going to change their tune or go under. There's just no way they can hold out long enough to replace skilled workers. They won't be able to get unskilled workers.

And I don't think we are so far gone that the federal government can step in and force people back to work.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2021, 05:08:28 PM »
United is known for complaining about everything.

And smashing guitars.

And killing puppies.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2021, 08:23:55 PM »
Citizenkaneclap.gif

Seconded.

Welll said, Tokugawa
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2021, 06:25:34 PM »
*chuckle* I'm sorry but I think it's a little silly to be worried about big businesses being unduly influenced by the current administration at the moment.

The reason being right at this moment it's not big business or any business holding the real power in the supply and demand chain. It's the workers. If this is about the vaccine, Southwest is going to change their tune or go under. There's just no way they can hold out long enough to replace skilled workers. They won't be able to get unskilled workers.

And I don't think we are so far gone that the federal government can step in and force people back to work.

You have a point. Actually, airline pilots seem like a really good, visible hill to fight on. Pretty hard to explain it away when the planes can't take off and people need to get places. If only they would band together, but laborers in the US never flex their muscle, even when they have leverage. My counterparts in France consider US workers to be spineless pussies based on what they put up with and how they never strike or push back on anything.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2021, 09:39:36 PM »
I have sick leave saved up. And about a week of vacation that I have to use in the next two-three months.

I may have to get covid-tested soon. Mandatory 10 day hiatus.

Anyone want a flash hider or muzzle brake? I will probably ramp that up again...
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2021, 08:24:09 PM »
More information about the weather related delays

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/southwest-caves-ditches-plan-put-unvaccinated-staff-unpaid-leave-dec

One day after hundreds of Southwest Airlines employees protested outside the carrier's Dallas headquarters against the company's pending Covid-19 vaccine mandate, the company has caved.

DALLAS TX: Southwest employees chant “LET’S GO BRANDON” in front of the South West headquarters to protest the airline vaccine mandate

— Drew Hernandez (@DrewHLive) October 18, 2021
According to CNBC, the airline has scrapped a plan to place unvaxxed employees who have applied for - but not yet received a religious or medical exemption, on unpaid leave starting Dec. 8.

Southwest Airlines and American Airlines are among the carriers that are federal contractors and subject to a Biden administration requirement that their employees are vaccinated against Covid-19 by Dec. 8 unless they are exempt for medical or religious reasons. Rules for federal contractors are stricter than those expected for large companies, which will allow for regular Covid testing as an alterative to a vaccination. -CNBC]

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2021, 11:38:10 AM »
American having issues

American Airlines cancels more than 1,000 flights over Halloween weekend
https://nypost.com/2021/10/31/american-airlines-cancels-more-than-1000-flights-over-halloween-weekend/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 01:41:19 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2021, 01:34:41 PM »
We should make more use of US airlines - check our toxic and nuclear waste as baggage, and no human being will ever see it again. (Kind of like shipping guns through the USPS to a destination that means they'll be routed through Chicago.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2021, 04:19:05 PM »
Just heard from my friend. His son Derek is the newly hired pilot for American (he's not started his jet training yet).

They went to Albuquerque this weekend for a family trip before Derek starts work and moves to Dallas...

And now they're not sure when they're going to be able to get home.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2021, 09:42:21 PM »
Just heard from my friend. His son Derek is the newly hired pilot for American (he's not started his jet training yet).

They went to Albuquerque this weekend for a family trip before Derek starts work and moves to Dallas...

And now they're not sure when they're going to be able to get home.

Uber?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2021, 10:06:57 PM »
And it continues

"bad weather" is causing a shortage of pilots and flight attendants  :O

American Airlines cancels hundreds of additional flights on Sunday
https://www.wlky.com/article/american-airlines-cancels-flights-sunday/38115887#
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2021, 10:42:06 PM »
I flew from Charlotte, NC to Portland, OR on Saturday to visit my Dad for a week.  Due to family circumstances I haven't seen him in two years.  Normally I fly American Airlines because they have non-stop flights between CLT and PDX.  Glad I went United this time around.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2021, 07:36:30 AM »
Apparently bad weather is causing about 1/10 of the issues.

Everything else is apparently resistance to the mandates.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2021, 08:16:06 AM »
Apparently bad weather is causing about 1/10 of the issues.

Everything else is apparently resistance to the mandates.

While that's believable, that's the kind of statement that requires some evidence backing it up.

The explanation for the cancelled flights that the airline offered up in the linked article is also credible.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2021, 08:44:39 AM »
While that's believable, that's the kind of statement that requires some evidence backing it up.

The explanation for the cancelled flights that the airline offered up in the linked article is also credible.

Well, that came from my nephew Derek, the pilot for American, so I'm assuming he got it through pilot channels.

Of course, that could be skewed by personal interests... then again, so could the "corporate explanation."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2021, 11:24:58 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes