Author Topic: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting  (Read 24348 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting
« Reply #425 on: December 02, 2022, 03:55:32 PM »
IMO, DD and the gun store followed the law.  The kid passed a background check and they had no information to tell them the kid was a problem.  They followed the law. 

The school district police did NOT follow their own policies.  The doors were not locked and they should not have treated it as a hostage situation when they were hearing shooting going on.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #426 on: December 02, 2022, 04:08:48 PM »
IMO, DD and the gun store followed the law.  The kid passed a background check and they had no information to tell them the kid was a problem.  They followed the law. 

If they (the libs) don't like a law anyone following that law is a criminal and must be punished.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #427 on: March 20, 2023, 05:28:07 PM »
Uvalde police were afraid to confront the shooter "because of the firepower of his AR-15". So giving cops a bad name and aiding gun control fanatics all in one whack.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/20/report-officers-were-afraid-to-engage-uvalde-school-gunman-because-he-had-an-ar-15/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #428 on: March 20, 2023, 05:31:56 PM »
Uvalde police were afraid to confront the shooter "because of the firepower of his AR-15". So giving cops a bad name and aiding gun control fanatics all in one whack.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/20/report-officers-were-afraid-to-engage-uvalde-school-gunman-because-he-had-an-ar-15/

Weaseled right out of that accusation of cowardice by not engaging immediately, or did they?

bob

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #429 on: March 20, 2023, 05:48:03 PM »

Two birds, one stone. 

Cowardly a**holes.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #430 on: March 20, 2023, 05:54:59 PM »
Cowardly a**holes.

How can they be cowards? They have the camo and the cool battle rattle!

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #431 on: March 20, 2023, 05:55:15 PM »
“(Police) knew the monster behind the door was not the kid. It’s the rifle the kid is holding,” said Rizo, referring to the 18-year-old gunman. “It’s the freaking AR that they’re afraid of. … Their training doesn’t say sit back and wait.”

"Officers arriving at Robb Elementary on May 24 had similar reactions as they realized that the gunman had an AR-15.

“You know what kind of gun?” state Trooper Richard Bogdanski asked in a conversation captured on his body-camera footage outside of the school.

“AR. He has a battle rifle,” a voice responded.

“Does he really?” another aske"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #432 on: March 20, 2023, 05:59:08 PM »
But a little bit of sanity sneaked in.
Edit: My comment is limited strictly to the underlined.

"Limiting access to these kinds of rifles may not decrease the frequency of mass shootings, which plagued the country before the rifle became popular among gun owners. During the decade that the federal assault weapons ban was in place, beginning in 1994, the number of mass shootings was roughly the same as in the decade prior, according to a mass shooting database maintained by Mother Jones. It also would not address the root causes that motivate mass shooters, merely limit the lethality of the tools at their disposal."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 06:15:14 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #433 on: March 20, 2023, 06:02:00 PM »
But a little bit of sanity sneaked in

"Limiting access to these kinds of rifles may not decrease the frequency of mass shootings, which plagued the country before the rifle became popular among gun owners. During the decade that the federal assault weapons ban was in place, beginning in 1994, the number of mass shootings was roughly the same as in the decade prior, according to a mass shooting database maintained by Mother Jones. It also would not address the root causes that motivate mass shooters, merely limit the lethality of the tools at their disposal."

But will that quote get as much air play as the statement about the AR?

I doubt it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #434 on: March 20, 2023, 06:05:03 PM »

Yeah, but then they said:

The rifle was not used in any mass shootings until 2007. In the 2010s, it was used in 27% of mass shootings, and in 2022 it was used in 67% of mass shootings.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #435 on: March 20, 2023, 06:11:54 PM »
How can they be cowards? They have the camo and the cool battle rattle!

Here they are doing what they do best, hiding around the corner.

I think the school cops were the firt in and backed off.

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #436 on: March 20, 2023, 06:13:29 PM »
Yeah, but then they said:

My comment was limited to the underlined. The rest of the article is a steaming pile of Biden diapers
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #437 on: March 20, 2023, 06:13:55 PM »

"Limiting access to these kinds of rifles may not decrease the frequency of mass shootings, which plagued the country before the rifle became popular among gun owners. During the decade that the federal assault weapons ban was in place, beginning in 1994, the number of mass shootings was roughly the same as in the decade prior, according to a mass shooting database maintained by Mother Jones. It also would not address the root causes that motivate mass shooters, merely limit the lethality of the tools at their disposal"

That last sentence clause is all the motivation the gun grabbers need for banning modern sporting rifles and magazine restrictions.  Less lethal means available means a lower body count, in their eyes.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #438 on: April 19, 2023, 07:56:48 PM »
One sick POS

Uvalde mass shooter Salvador Ramos wrote 'LOL' on a whiteboard in the blood of his school victims during the massacre last year. 

Ramos, 18, opened fire at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas, and killed 19 students and two teachers - before using their innocent blood to etch a final message before being shot dead by police.   

The revelation by Rep. Joe Moody during a House committee shocked already heartbroken family members of victims.

'The attacker scooped up the blood of his victims and smeared it into his disgusting message,' he said.

'What he wrote in innocent blood next to that was the phrase 'LOL'.' The slang stands for 'laugh out loud.'

Uvalde shooter Salvador Ramos wrote 'LOL' on whiteboard with the blood of his elementary school victims as cops waited outside, appalled families hear as they fight to raise legal age to buy a gun in Texas from 18 to 21
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11991673/Uvalde-shooter-Salvador-Ramos-wrote-LOL-using-blood-elementary-school-victims.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #439 on: August 09, 2023, 09:54:07 AM »
Yikes

The cousin of the Uvalde, Texas, school shooter was arrested in San Antonio after threatening to commit a school shooting.

Nathan James Cruz, 17, was arrested on a felony charge of making a terroristic threat to the public and a misdemeanor charge of making a terroristic threat against a family member, according to Bexar County Central Magistrate records.

It was Cruz's mother who called the police and reported threats that her son had made, Officer Nick Soliz of the San Antonio Police Department tells NPR.

Soliz confirms that Cruz is a cousin of Salvador Ramos, the 18-year-old who killed 19 students and two teachers at Robb Elementary in Uvalde last year.

Cruz told his sister that he was planning "to do the same thing" as his cousin, according to an affidavit obtained by NPR.

According to the affidavit, the mother was concerned because her son made the remarks while "intoxicated" and because they live across the street from an elementary school.

The mother "overheard a phone conversation the suspect made this morning in which the suspect attempted to acquire an AR-15 through an illegal private sale" according to the arrest warrant. When confronted by police, Cruz denied making any threats, the warrant states.

Note they state "illegal private sale". Knowing NPR don't know if they're saying "illegal" because he was 17 or they think private sales are or should be illegal.

Uvalde shooter's cousin arrested in San Antonio for threatening to shoot a school
https://www.npr.org/2023/08/08/1192671563/uvalde-shooter-cousin-arrested-threat-school-shooting-san-antonio

Uvalde killer's cousin threatens school shooting
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2023/08/09/uvalde-killers-cousin-n73425
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2023, 10:46:06 AM »
That last sentence clause is all the motivation the gun grabbers need for banning modern sporting rifles and magazine restrictions.  Less lethal means available means a lower body count, in their eyes.

The lethality of weapons is why we have a right to own them.  The purpose of our right to bear arms is to disperse military power among the general population as a check against the professional military.  This is why Americans have the right to own the weapons of a soldier.  If the government wishes to ban a weapon, they must ban it for their soldiers and police as well.

If the government doesn't trust us with automatic weapons, they must disable all theirs as well.  If they don't trust us with belt fed weapons and 30 round magazines, then they shouldn't get them either.

The power of the sword, say the minority of Pennsylvania, is in the hands of Congress. My friends and countrymen, it is not so, for THE POWERS OF THE SWORD ARE IN THE HANDS OF THE YEOMANRY OF AMERICA FROM SIXTEEN TO SIXTY. The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? are they not ourselves. Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American. What clause in the state or [federal] constitution hath given away that important right .... [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the foederal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.

"A Pennsylvanian" (Tench Coxe), To The People of the United States, PA. GAZETTE, Feb. 20, 1788

Tench Coxe was the founding father who most discussed the Second Amendment.

https://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1421&context=wmborj

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #441 on: August 09, 2023, 05:16:53 PM »
The fact that he got a gun is not what caused that incident.  Maybe one of you can add to this list if you think of something else.

1.  Not investigating / prosecuting crimes/threats when they could have. 

2.  Crappy school security where doors weren't locked and couldn't be locked by anyone right inside the door (with or without a key).

3.  The cops refused to go in immediately and try to limit the deaths by taking out the shoot as soon as they got there.  No way to tell how many kids bled to death during the hour wait who could have been saved.  The cops prevent officers from going in who wanted to.

4.  Not giving the teachers a chance to defend themselves by being armed. 

Hire police who take the job seriously.  That may go back to voting in school board members who take the job seriously. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #442 on: January 18, 2024, 10:39:10 AM »
Report out
Really nothing mentioned in the article that we didn't already know

Justice Department report finds 'cascading failures' and 'no urgency' during Uvalde, Texas, shooting
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/justice-department-report-finds-cascading-failures-and-no-urgency-during-uvalde-texas-shooting/article_27b36ef6-5874-5c7a-b501-8e79f806af6d.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #443 on: January 18, 2024, 07:46:38 PM »
From the article:

“I hope that the failures end today,” said Kimberly Rubio, whose daughter Lexi Rubio was killed in the shooting. “My child, our children are named in this report because they are dead.” Of the officers who failed, she said: "They should be named.

She has a point. The school district chief, Pete Arrendondo, has been identified and chastised (but probably still draws his retirement pension), but the names of the other cowards who DIDN'T enter the classroom should be inscribed on a monument somewhere on or near the school grounds. A suitable statue for the monument might be a dog with its tail between its legs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #444 on: January 19, 2024, 08:52:00 AM »
DOJ report: The police failed miserably. (Aaaagain)
Biden commenting on the report: We need gun control. (Because, you know, you can always call the police)

Biden Uses DOJ Report on Uvalde to Push Gun Control
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2024/01/19/biden-doj-uvalde-n79555
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 09:05:55 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #445 on: January 19, 2024, 01:34:38 PM »
From the article:

She has a point. The school district chief, Pete Arrendondo, has been identified and chastised (but probably still draws his retirement pension), but the names of the other cowards who DIDN'T enter the classroom should be inscribed on a monument somewhere on or near the school grounds. A suitable statue for the monument might be a dog with its tail between its legs.
Early reports were that an officer from some other department showed up, and when he attempted to go in and rescue any surviving children, the local cops already on the scene disarmed and detained him to prevent that. IF THERE'S ANY TRUTH TO THIS (note I said IF) then the officers involved ought to be charged as accessories to the murders.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #446 on: January 19, 2024, 07:11:27 PM »
 [tinfoil]
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #447 on: January 19, 2024, 08:21:19 PM »
Paul Howe's video today basically called them a bunch of untrained fatsos.

For those that don't know him, Paul was in the thick of it during "Blackhawk Down", and runs the CSAT Way, where part of his school is dedicated to teaching armed safety in schools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #448 on: February 22, 2024, 04:50:50 PM »
And we have an update

Several law enforcement officers who responded to the mass shooting at a Uvalde school in May 2022 have been ordered to testify  before a grand jury investigating the botched response.

Multiple officers who were on the scene at Robb Elementary School on May 24 where 19 children were massacred have been subpoenaed for in-person testimony that may result in criminal charges.
Among the tragic conclusions brought by Thursday's report was Garland's admission that the lives of the young victims could have been saved had protocols been followed properly - a concession the parents say was a long time coming.

One of the two Uvalde teachers who were killed during the mass shooting in 2022 was left to die on a walkway - while crying bullet-stricken students were hurried onto buses before receiving medical aid, the report also found.

Victims - both adults and children - were frantically dragged out of bloody classrooms with no stretchers readily available to get them into ambulances.

Cops who responded to Uvalde school shooting are subpoenaed by Texas grand jury over botched police response that could result in criminal charges after 19 children were slaughtered
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13115237/Uvalde-school-shooting-police-charges-investigation-grand-jury.html
- Calvin and Hobbes