Author Topic: NO LEFT TURN Organization  (Read 616 times)

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
NO LEFT TURN Organization
« on: October 12, 2021, 08:25:44 AM »
<<<<<-------

I've been using that "NO LEFT TURN" avatar  for years on two gun boards and lo and behold, I discovered there's an organization with that name:   

https://www.noleftturn.us/about-us/

So I looked over their "ABOUT" blurb and discovered that although "they" (she) doesn't talk about guns, it struck me that "their" (her) position meshed pretty well with what a lot of us have been saying here in APS with respect to America's education system.

Sample:

"So many of them shared their stories how liberal friends, colleagues, and even family members shunned them for rejecting the leftist wave determined to take over the country.  So they stayed low. Silent. Fearful of the social, occupational, and economic consequences that might result from expressing opposing values.   It was then that I realized that we needed a voice.  I created the No Left Turn Movement to be that voice.  A voice to push back on the Leftist agenda sweeping into public education and to underscore the ideals and values that make our country exceptional."

Now I don't have kids in school any more so I can't comment on her viewpoints, but I suggest you read through their whole "ABOUT" section and take it from there.

I dislike the fact that they require a name to register, but who doesn't anymore?

They even have a store (who doesn't anymore?) and they sell cups and tee shirts and stuff using the same logo as I have used as an avatar for years.

Enjoy.

Or not.

Whatever.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 08:45:57 AM by 230RN »

sumpnz

• friend
Re: NO LEFT TURN Organization
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 10:21:22 AM »
I’m guessing they don’t sell much to rabbits going through Albuquerque.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 08:41:52 PM »
Interesting. I never realized the meaning of your avatar.

I’m guessing they don’t sell much to rabbits going through Albuquerque.

LOL
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

230RN

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 12:42:36 AM »

Sorry, pardon my iggerance, but I don't get the rabbit-Albuquerque reference.  I'm sure if someone 'splains it to me, I'll dope-slap my forehead and say "But of course, I should have known ! "

:facepalm:

Terry
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 12:56:54 AM by 230RN »

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 01:34:26 AM »

230RN

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 01:41:30 AM »
https://youtu.be/e8TUwHTfOOU

Ha-ha-ha! Of course. Now I remember !  Thanks for indulging me !

:rofl:

freakazoid, I can't figure out the "message" behind half the avatars I see on the net.  I like the pet pictures, though.

Terry
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 02:00:23 AM by 230RN »

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 08:15:44 AM »
Seems like there are a great many organizations out there which seem to be primarily based upon fundraising from people who are tired of politicians wasting our money...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 08:56:46 AM »
Seems like there are a great many organizations out there which seem to be primarily based upon fundraising from people who are tired of politicians wasting our money...
And I am not sure what they are doing with the money.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 09:25:27 AM »

and some of them sell coffee
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2021, 03:24:00 PM »
And some just harvest e-mail addresses --which is why I mentioned that.

I'm sure someone here could use a throwaway "@" to probe further.

Since I don't have school age sons, the only reason I went there was because of the avatar.  I will say that the problem is more than recent. I remember in seventh or eighth grade a teacher commenting that there was no reason for a person to make more than $50,000 per year (about half a mil nowadays) and the rest should be distributed and went further with the idea.  Nineteen forty eight or nine or so, New York PS 173.

That Commie notion stuck with me until college, when someone had me read one of the Ayn Rand books --I forget which one, but I read the rest of them, too, and that all re-shaped my thinking about economics and politics.

It would seem from comments herein about pulling kids out of the indoctrinating classes for home schooling, the problem has multiplied by quite a bit.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 04:03:33 PM by 230RN »