Author Topic: A sign of things to come?  (Read 507 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
A sign of things to come?
« on: October 14, 2021, 09:19:02 PM »
https://www.thecentersquare.com/iowa/iowa-gop-gains-democrats-longheld-29th-house-district-seat-with-dunwell-victory/article_3e5a296e-2c56-11ec-ba1c-6f1a744f4222.html

Republican Jon Dunwell of Newton, beat Democrat Steve Mullan 2,820-1,890, according to preliminary results, Iowa Secretary of State Paul Pate tweeted Tuesday night.
Scott Krebsbach, a legislator and harvester who held the seat from 1991-92, was the last Republican representative in the region, ...

Yes it's just one House seat.  Yes the midterms are over a year away.  But IMO the GOP has the potential for a big win in 2022, assuming they don't find some way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: A sign of things to come?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 09:40:25 PM »
Never underestimate the Republicans ability to F things up.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 10:16:03 PM »
Republicans have, for the most part, rolled over and given up regarding the 2020 election shenanigans.  In fact, many Republicans provided cover for the Democrats as they engaged in election fraud.  Because the Republicans don't give a crap about what went on, they cannot expect to win in any state that matters.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 10:23:28 PM »
Republicans have, for the most part, rolled over and given up regarding the 2020 election shenanigans.  In fact, many Republicans provided cover for the Democrats as they engaged in election fraud.  Because the Republicans don't give a crap about what went on, they cannot expect to win in any state that matters.

Controlled Opposition is not supposed to win.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 11:31:52 PM »
Controlled Opposition is not supposed to win.
I figure many of them are taking money from the same/similar people who are pushing them in the same directions. 

I like the idea of kicking out the incumbent in general.  If the new guy doesn't seek to change anything, kick that one out too.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge