Author Topic: If You're Wondering Where Pete Buttigieg Has Been...  (Read 986 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
If You're Wondering Where Pete Buttigieg Has Been...
« on: October 15, 2021, 08:15:35 AM »
He's been on maternity leave for the last two months.

I figure that whole "both parents get the same time off" thing is here to stay, but that should be for employees. A CABINET SECRETARY ha no business getting things like maternity leave. You accepted a great responsibility for 4-8 years when you accepted the position. Suck it up and do your job, or quit. They are all millionaires and can afford not to work.

These positions are not hobbies. Do your job or GTFO. We are in the middle of a transportation nightmare and the Transportation Secretary goes on leave. What if the President took two months off for paternity leave?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/10/14/politico-explains-transportation-secretary-pete-buttigiegs-whereabouts-for-the-last-2-months/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: If You're Wondering Where Pete Buttigieg Has Been...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 08:37:21 AM »
Maybe the president needs that paternity leave to unscrew his progeny. Might take awhile. Why two months for Pete? Things not healing fast down there?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 08:38:48 AM »
I didn't even know he was pregnant
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 08:47:36 AM »
Honk, honk!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 09:13:16 AM »
An awful lot of comments come to mind, most of which would be inappropriate for a forum that - nominally, at least - is supposed to be "family friendly."

So I'll just say my already low opinion of Pete, his employer, and a social order that allows paternity/maternity/whatever leave has dipped even lower.   :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 09:23:13 AM »
The fact that he's out of the office is actually a plus, so let's give him some more time to bond with the kiddo.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 11:46:31 AM »
Like he was going to do anything but *expletive deleted*ck it up worse
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 12:07:19 PM »
Like he was going to do anything but *expletive deleted*ck it up worse

Maybe he'll let the truckers drive at night.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 12:35:07 PM »
Maybe he'll let the truckers drive at night.

Headlights = Light pollution
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 11:30:55 AM »
A certain someone's flight was canceled and now he wants the airlines to be punished and be forced to hire more people.

Buttigieg says feds have power to force airlines to hire more workers amid travel delays
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/buttigieg-power-force-airlines-workers-travel-delays
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2022, 01:54:30 PM »
A certain someone's flight was canceled and now he wants the airlines to be punished and be forced to hire more people.

Buttigieg says feds have power to force airlines to hire more workers amid travel delays
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/buttigieg-power-force-airlines-workers-travel-delays

He can't force them to hire more workers. Just about every critical position, from pilots to flight attendants to ramp-side personnel requires not only training but background checks. The airlines are trying to staff up, but it can't be done overnight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dunXAGSOQwQ
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

griz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 02:04:53 PM »
I didn't even know that you got maternity leave for adopting kids.  Wonder how much leave the birth mother received?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2022, 05:53:08 PM »

Feels like something out of Atlas Shrugged.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2022, 06:09:37 PM »
Buy an electric plane
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2022, 06:13:55 PM »
I don't care where he is but I wish he would get someone working on gas prices. Not everyone wants to take it up the Buttigieg every time they fill up their tank.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2022, 06:19:29 PM »
"I wish he would get someone working on gas prices."

Someone is working on gas prices, you silly neo-Trump fascist homophobe!

Gas prices are going up as intended and soon people will be forced to buy electric cars!

Well, those people who still have jobs because of the DonkeyPox recession, but still, WIN!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2022, 07:01:30 PM »
Gas prices are going up as intended and soon people will be forced to buy electric cars that aren't Teslas!

FTFY, since we can't be enriching billionaires who wrong-think.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."