Author Topic: Blue on Blue brutality  (Read 1180 times)

brimic

• friends
Blue on Blue brutality
« on: October 15, 2021, 08:46:50 AM »
Watch this battle of inflated egos at your own enjoyment.
https://youtu.be/RUFhRyETqjc

I zero sympathy for the BATF agent getting put in. His place and rough up a bit, but it really calls into question the validity and legitimacy of having armed thugs roaming the streets with no accountability.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Blue on Blue brutality
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 09:16:59 AM »
"Show me your hands!"
"I'm a federal officer."
"Show me some ID! I SAID SHOW MEW YOUR HANDS!"

Outside of making fun of the ATF, what the cop does it what will always scare me about running into scared cops. They yell a half dozen contradictory commands at you that will result in your getting shot, like that kid  on his belly in that AZ(?) hotel.

From the armchair, it's easy to say that the safest thing would probably be to stand there with hands outstretched and ignore everything the cop says until someone calmer shows up as backup. In the heat of the moment though, it would be really easy to follow a "wrong" command and get shot.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 09:25:18 AM »
I have to say the cops were expert at blocking their body cameras. The video illustrates very well the tactics of an occupying force in enemy territory. One of the cops actually said "Why would you make us do this?" The ultimate victim blaming rationalization.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 09:40:56 AM »
ATF guy should have just got on the ground when scared man in uniform pointing gun at him told him.

That's what they tell us peons to do correct?

Is there no coordination between locals and Feds?

If somebody comes a knocking and claims to be a Fed agent a lot of folks would call 911 just to be sure the guy at the door is legit.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 09:43:49 AM »
I was kind of wondering if the ATF guy was pulling a George Floyd to get out of it with his "can't breathe!" stuff. All the problems he was listing off, how was he even med up for field duty if they were true?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 09:53:32 AM »
ATF guy should have just got on the ground when scared man in uniform pointing gun at him told him.

If somebody comes a knocking and claims to be a Fed agent a lot of folks would call 911 just to be sure the guy at the door is legit.

It should be the standard thing to do, especially if there is no warrant. Make sure to mention ‘gun’ and ‘he’s trying to get into my house’ to the 911 operator.  [popcorn]

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 09:58:18 AM »
From my experience, living in a very conservative county, County Mounties love to respond in a swarm when they get a call like this, and have a high disdain for Fedbois as well.

Barack Obama

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 09:59:00 AM »
Looks like bad officer training, and definitely bad officer attitude leading to very bad officer behavior.
The only thing that makes it funny is the victim was ATF.

I have to say the cops were expert at blocking their body cameras.
Not really.  That has to do with the type of body cam.  Chest mounted cameras routinely get blocked by a bladed stance.

That is what I would have done.  Slowly and with hands outstretched.  When someone is spazzing out like that with a gun shoved in my face I am not going to be telling them to get stuffed ... especially if I am in the right.
With the exception of drug stuff, not much at all from what I've seen.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 10:07:27 AM »
Looks like bad officer training, and definitely bad officer attitude leading to very bad officer behavior.
The only thing that makes it funny is the victim was ATF.
Not really.  That has to do with the type of body cam.  Chest mounted cameras routinely get blocked by a bladed stance.That is what I would have done.  Slowly and with hands outstretched.  When someone is spazzing out like that with a gun shoved in my face I am not going to be telling them to get stuffed ... especially if I am in the right.With the exception of drug stuff, not much at all from what I've seen.
I’ve had a local cop point a shotgun at me in the past (long story), I really felt no need to talk back, make sudden movements, not do anything outside of what my new boss told me to do at that moment. It turned out well, nobody got shot or even roughed up. There was a quick Q&A and a show of my ID when more cops arrived to secure the area, and we all went about our business again. This stuff isn’t hard when the participants aren’t completely stupid.

Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 11:23:14 AM »
"Show me your hands!"
"I'm a federal officer."
"Show me some ID! I SAID SHOW MEW YOUR HANDS!"

Outside of making fun of the ATF, what the cop does it what will always scare me about running into scared cops. They yell a half dozen contradictory commands at you that will result in your getting shot, like that kid  on his belly in that AZ(?) hotel.

From the armchair, it's easy to say that the safest thing would probably be to stand there with hands outstretched and ignore everything the cop says until someone calmer shows up as backup. In the heat of the moment though, it would be really easy to follow a "wrong" command and get shot.

That's what got a guy killed by police in a hotel a couple/few years ago. Multiple cops had an unarmed civilian on the floor, crawling toward them, and they shot him anyway.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2021, 11:26:39 AM »
I think this is more of a case of red on red
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 11:54:01 AM »
That's what got a guy killed by police in a hotel a couple/few years ago. Multiple cops had an unarmed civilian on the floor, crawling toward them, and they shot him anyway.
Yeah, can you imagine Ben forgetting about that?  Ben, you should feel bad about not referencing that incident in the very center of your post.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 12:56:05 PM »
I hate to side with the ATF on anything, but that cop went 0 to jackboot pretty quick.  Cop: "Hey let me see your hands" Revenuer with hands plainly visible: "I'm a federal *expletive deleted*ing agent" Cop: *I guess it's time to draw a pistol and start screaming*

Badge lickers will come up with all kinds of excuses, IMO that cop went WAY to Hard, WAY To fast.  Instead of drawing a gun, he could have easily said "OK, very slowly remove your badge from your pocket and let me see it."

I am reminded of this incident out of Modesto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFWR73R9G3E except the Columbus cops managed not to shoot anyone.  Both officers got out of the car looking for a fight though.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 01:09:48 PM »
I hate to side with the ATF on anything, but that cop went 0 to jackboot pretty quick.  Cop: "Hey let me see your hands" Revenuer with hands plainly visible: "I'm a federal *expletive deleted*ing agent" Cop: *I guess it's time to draw a pistol and start screaming*

Badge lickers will come up with all kinds of excuses, IMO that cop went WAY to Hard, WAY To fast.  Instead of drawing a gun, he could have easily said "OK, very slowly remove your badge from your pocket and let me see it."

I am reminded of this incident out of Modesto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFWR73R9G3E except the Columbus cops managed not to shoot anyone.  Both officers got out of the car looking for a fight though.

My problem is I don't respond well to being yelled at under any circumstances, particularly if I'm right. Not obeying the "command voice" is something I would probably have to quickly overcome. Of course staring at the wrong end of a gun might keep me from lipping off   :police:   
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 02:24:01 PM »
When thugs collide.  Cops went jackboot within seconds.  BATFE went all federal agent elitist attitude from the first words out of his mouth.  No sympathy for either side.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 02:37:40 PM »
When thugs collide.  Cops went jackboot within seconds.  BATFE went all federal agent elitist attitude from the first words out of his mouth.  No sympathy for either side.

Agreed.

Apparently BATFE guy was there to take a shotgun from an allegedly prohibited person.  I wonder if that ever happened.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 03:00:03 PM »

Pretty much. The only thing missing was someone nearby playing with fireworks to make things spicier.

Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 04:57:49 PM »

I think we have seen that a number of times before.  Cops respond to a scene and are told there is a "Man With A Gun!!!".  They immediately seem to imagine some mass shooting event and roll in ready to shoot someone. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2021, 05:04:06 PM »

You mean the guy who was yelled the same commands over and over by one cop and then he kept making quick motions to his pants, which were falling off as he tried to crawl forward, despite being told repeatedly to not reach back?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2021, 05:14:47 PM »
You mean the guy who was yelled the same commands over and over by one cop and then he kept making quick motions to his pants, which were falling off as he tried to crawl forward, despite being told repeatedly to not reach back?

Are ya sure you watched the same video the rest of us did when it was posted here on APS? Because that was one scared, crying kid. They could have just had a couple of jackboots walk up to him and grab him.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2021, 05:25:10 PM »
Are ya sure you watched the same video the rest of us did when it was posted here on APS? Because that was one scared, crying kid. They could have just had a couple of jackboots walk up to him and grab him.
Agreed.  He was obviously not a threat.  He was obviously drunk.  The one cop kept saying he would be shot if he didn't do exactly as he was told and then the other cop shot him. 

They never saw a weapon.  They never saw anything that would constitute a threat.  Moving his hand toward his pants is NOT justification to kill someone.  Doesn't matter what someone said on a 911 call.

(that event still pisses me off) 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2021, 10:42:21 PM »
Basically it was an occurrence of unstoppable stupidity meeting immovable idiocy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams