Author Topic: Fire Whitey!  (Read 526 times)

HankB

• friend
Fire Whitey!
« on: October 17, 2021, 07:30:22 PM »
In Chicago, the Art Institute fired all of its trained docents last month because they were mostly white and mostly female - not diverse enough.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-museum-fires-apos-mostly-150838189.html

They were unpaid volunteers, so maybe they can get away with firing them because of race . . . but if you're reading this, a lot of you are probably thinking what I'm thinking.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Fire Whitey!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 08:36:26 PM »
Looking at what they claimed they were doing as training, why the hell were they doing all that unpaid?  Sounds like a lot of work.  If they were actually leading that many tours, the museum could afford to pay them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 12:56:47 AM »
Looking at what they claimed they were doing as training, why the hell were they doing all that unpaid?  Sounds like a lot of work.  If they were actually leading that many tours, the museum could afford to pay them.

From what little I've read, it sounds like they're well-off women who care about art, and want to share that with other people.

Who wants jerks like that in an art museum, right?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 07:18:30 AM »
"From what little I've read, it sounds like they're well-off women who care about art, and want to share that with other people. "

Bingo. That's true of docents at most museums. You tend to get people who are really passionate about the subject matter and just love sharing.

I've thought about becoming a docent at the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 07:38:53 AM »
Are you an old, wealthy, white woman?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 08:24:36 AM »
Old wealthy white man.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.