Author Topic: Somoli gangbangers using da switch in Minneapolis  (Read 1312 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Somoli gangbangers using da switch in Minneapolis
« on: October 16, 2021, 08:21:04 AM »
https://www.startribune.com/illegal-gun-modification-devices-proliferate-resulting-in-more-deadly-rounds-in-minneapolis/600106352/?refresh=true

Illegal gun modification devices proliferate, resulting in more deadly rounds in Minneapolis
Deadlier guns turning up at more crime scenes, adding to toll on streets.

Auto seers and 3D printing are the real problem, not the foreign occupiers and their children.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
Re: Somoli gangbangers using da switch in Minneapolis
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 09:37:49 AM »
We imported Mogadishu, so now we have Mogadishu.  Pretty simple math.

3D printing sounds scary in newspapers, but a Lightning Link can be made with 12 ga sheet metal and nippers. 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 09:58:48 AM »
I do feel some glee about American wannabe tough thugs running headlong into people who had childhood in Mogadishu. I doubt they are impressed. Let them fight.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 10:11:16 AM »
Here's a story out of Houston, also carried by the local Austin rag.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/crime/article/Houston-illegal-modified-fully-automatic-handguns-16532358.php

It reports that a lot of bad guys are getting switches for their pistols (probably Glocks) to convert them to full auto.

I've read similar stories before. Why do some people think ordering it from China - sometimes through Amazon - won't leave a paper trail the authorities can follow directly to their door?  :facepalm:

(And for people who just would like to mess with it for fun - is this type of fun worth a FELONY conviction?!?!)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 10:47:41 AM »
And how many of these shitheads caught with full auto are thrown in prison for the 10 years you or I would get?

My guess is not a single one. They are caught and released. That’s why they don’t care about a paper trail they get no punishment.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 10:47:46 AM »
https://www.startribune.com/illegal-gun-modification-devices-proliferate-resulting-in-more-deadly-rounds-in-minneapolis/600106352/?refresh=true

Auto seers and 3D printing are the real problem, not the foreign occupiers and their children.

Damn seers.  Prophecy should be registered and regulated.  Lay people cannot handle having access to threads of destiny.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 10:49:59 AM »
Damn seers.  Prophecy should be registered and regulated.  Lay people cannot handle having access to threads of destiny.

LOL, too late to change it now! I guess it is destined to remain for all history
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 10:55:14 AM »
And how many of these shitheads caught with full auto are thrown in prison for the 10 years you or I would get?

My guess is not a single one. They are caught and released. That’s why they don’t care about a paper trail they get no punishment.

Yep, an otherwise law abiding gun owner with zero criminal history would be probably be sentenced to years in prison. Meanwhile a common street thug with a 20 page rap sheet is released and already looking for their next target before the arresting cop's shift is over.
And guess which one the Ds blame for the rise in crime.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 11:02:56 AM »
It's almost like the government is the enemy of the average person  :O

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2021, 11:18:20 AM »
It reports that a lot of bad guys are getting switches for their pistols (probably Glocks) to convert them to full auto.

I've read similar stories before. Why do some people think ordering it from China - sometimes through Amazon - won't leave a paper trail the authorities can follow directly to their door?  :facepalm:

(And for people who just would like to mess with it for fun - is this type of fun worth a FELONY conviction?!?!)

I am starting to think the authorities really don't check those sites.  I get FB ads for auto sear (AR and Glock) these days.  I bought one of those wish.com "fuel filters".  crickets.  (for the agents reading this site, Ima form 1 it, I just need more fingerprint cards.)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2021, 02:27:48 PM »
I totes gotta do this with my SW 642.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 02:42:00 PM »
I am starting to think the authorities really don't check those sites.  I get FB ads for auto sear (AR and Glock) these days.  I bought one of those wish.com "fuel filters".  crickets.  (for the agents reading this site, Ima form 1 it, I just need more fingerprint cards.)

I report every one of those scam ads. Glock is ridiculous simple to make fa if you look how it works. As to why? Totally useless gun. Watched a dealer try to do a bowling pin shoot with a dealer sample. His plan was not bursts just mag  dump. Two thirty round mags and two pins hit.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2021, 03:38:23 PM »

More reporters that are obviously highly knowledgeable about and well trained in the use of firearms.  They graduated from the John McTiernan School of Magic Pew Pews.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2021, 03:59:06 PM »
Two thirty round mags and two pins hit.

Still better than most gangbangers and NYC police officers
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2021, 04:31:31 PM »
Still better than most gangbangers and NYC police officers

I wonder what would have been the result if they'd placed a bunch of innocent bystander pins behind the target pins.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2021, 06:17:14 PM »
More reporters that are obviously highly knowledgeable about and well trained in the use of firearms.  They graduated from the John McTiernan School of Magic Pew Pews.

I had to look that one up. If you're referring to the infamous porcelain Glock, IMDB says McTiernan wasn't involved in making Die Hard II. Be pretty cool to have an undetectable, full-auto gun. Sadly, it costs more than I make in a month.  =|

LOL, too late to change it now! I guess it is destined to remain for all history

You also misspelled Somali.  :P

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 06:23:12 PM »
I keep my porcelain Glock in my flying car.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 06:25:57 PM »
I had to look that one up. If you're referring to the infamous porcelain Glock, IMDB says McTiernan wasn't involved in making Die Hard II. Be pretty cool to have an undetectable, full-auto gun. Sadly, it costs more than I make in a month.  =|

Not referring to the porcelain Glock specifically, just action movies in general.  McTiernan produced a number of shoot-em' up movies over the years, and many folks acquire their expert firearms knowledge from those types of movies.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2021, 06:28:25 PM »
Not referring to the porcelain Glock specifically, just action movies in general.  McTiernan produced a number of shoot-em' up movies over the years, and many folks acquire their expert firearms knowledge from those types of movies.

Fair enough.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2021, 07:34:51 PM »
You also misspelled Somali.  :P

I'm a hot mess these days, I claim residual Covid brain.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2021, 07:43:24 PM »
The lefties will probably want to ban Glocks now- "machine pistols".

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2021, 10:57:56 PM »
I'm a hot mess these days, I claim residual Covid brain.

I can't figure out if misspelling "Somali" is racist because you're trying to tell a group of black people how to spell their own demonym, or if spelling things "correctly" is white supremacist patriarchy.  :O

The lefties will probably want to ban Glocks now - "machine pistols".

Haven't they always?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2021, 11:29:01 PM »
I keep my porcelain Glock in my flying car.
Not your taxicab, I hope - there are laws against that.  :police:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain