Author Topic: Hive Mind Advice: Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G?  (Read 345 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Hive Mind Advice: Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G?
« on: October 19, 2021, 02:40:27 PM »
We're moving SWMBO's cell service over to my Verizon account. It's mainly for the savings, but also because T-Mobile's purchase of Sprint and subsequent phone SIM switch to T-Mobile service has resulted in signal coverage issues.

We both have S10s and like them, though the Sprint-specific bloatware on hers has caused occasional issues. Physically mine is fine but hers is getting a little ratty so I'm thinking of moving her up to a Galaxy S21+ 5G. Any of you have experience with one?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Hive Mind Advice: Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 03:06:38 PM »
No experience with that one.  I still use an S10 for work. 

My home phone is an A71 5G. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 03:30:29 PM »
I have one.

It does everything I want it to do. It could probably do a lot more if I thought of it as more than a phone/camera.

5G coverage gets spotty indoors, it just doesn't penetrate walls very well so she will have to connect to available WiFi networks when she can.

It texts, it makes calls and it takes pictures.

It browses as well as I need. The few apps I do use it works just fine.

It's a phone.

bob

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 04:08:37 PM »

5G coverage gets spotty indoors, it just doesn't penetrate walls very well so she will have to connect to available WiFi networks when she can.

Most places we visit have wifi. The places we visit where there's no wifi there usually no phone service either, so probably not an issue. Still, good thing to know. Gracias.

Brad
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 04:23:52 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 05:57:26 PM »
My experience is that it's on backorder until after Thanksgiving. Had it not been a basically free swap, and the 2 year old S10's battery just beginning to show signs of decline,  I probably wouldn't have bothered getting in line.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 08:34:31 PM »
When I was working for the tower testing service, most of the guys I worked with were serious phone whores...

Expensive phone, cheap urban service.

And at least once a week - "My piece of crap has signal, and yours doesn't."

Spend money on signal.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 07:36:51 AM »
I've got an S20, which is related; many of the specs are very similar. The S line up continues to be a great series of phones. To be honest, I don't think you'd go wrong with any iteration of the current generation of S phones.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.