Author Topic: Montana Redistricting  (Read 347 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Montana Redistricting
« on: October 20, 2021, 09:11:06 AM »
Interesting article on Montana's upcoming redistricting due to the census.

https://idahonews.com/news/connect-to-congress/two-montanas-new-maps-highlight-states-split-personality

This could be a watershed moment for the state. If they redistrict using a method that Idaho uses (for now), where they split the commie portions into each of the two districts, they, IMO preserve the overall culture of Montana. If they redistrict the way the dems want, putting the two commie strongholds into the same congressional district, I think they start going the way of CO, OR, and WA, where those districts control all the rural areas of the state and turn it blue.

Montana already seems to be wavering towards blue because of the CA and other transplants, so it wouldn't take much to turn it solid blue. I really worry about this same thing happening here in Idaho. It would not take a big change in our two congressional districts to turn one of them if not blue, purple, and it's a slippery slope from there.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."