Author Topic: Use of Deadly Force  (Read 899 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Use of Deadly Force
« on: October 21, 2021, 01:29:08 PM »
So, you're on a subway, and one of the passengers is being assaulted. Raped. You don't see weapons involved.

Nobody is doing anything.

You are older, not gonna get into a wrestling match with a young man - you walk with a cane. And you're not carrying the heavy one.

Can you shoot the guy?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-train-rape-suspect-complaint
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Use of Deadly Force
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 02:10:36 PM »
So, you're on a subway, and one of the passengers is being assaulted. Raped. You don't see weapons involved.

You are older, not gonna get into a wrestling match with a young man - you walk with a cane. And you're not carrying the heavy one.

Can you shoot the guy?

Under most state's laws, yes.

Not sure about Pennsylvania.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 02:13:42 PM »
I would say yes where I am.  I don't know what the use of force laws are there. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 02:47:13 PM »
The real question is can you shoot the mob that is going to try to burn your house down for shooting Dindu.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 02:48:17 PM »
As mentioned it will depend on the laws in your jurisdiction. In Oklahoma you would likely be good.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 02:49:00 PM »
The real question is can you shoot the mob that is going to try to burn your house down for shooting Dindu.

In Oklahoma attempted arson justifies use of deadly force.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 02:50:22 PM »
I saw nothing in the cited article about a gun. My first reaction to the OP itself was what was he doing with a gun on public transportation?

I suspect I'd vigorously intervene on a moral rectitude basis, with cane, notwithstanding any technical legalities, and take the hit from verdict-hungry anti-cane prosecutors.

Embracing the idea of a punishment to fit the crime, I would hope Dindu gets incarcerated with Bruno, whose cellmate got paroled two weeks ago leaving Bruno somewhat blueballed and in extreme need of a new bride.
=D

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 03:06:24 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 02:50:29 PM »
Texas Penal Code 9.32 includes sexual assault by name under provisions for use of deadly force to protect oneself. Section 9.43 extends that provision to protection of a third party.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 03:00:45 PM »
Can you shoot the guy?

Yes, and you should.

That's just silly,  For a mob you should use claymores.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 03:09:56 PM »
I live just a few miles from Ken & Karen... Except in South City, we don't just wave 'em around.

There have been cases where Dindu (and/or buddies...) got lead poisoning via bad victim choices, and the grand juries no-billed within the same day.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 04:29:08 PM »
My luck, it would be Dindu and his woman doing some role playing, and as Dindu was bleeding out Lady Dindu would be attacking me.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 04:37:17 PM »
In Oklahoma attempted arson justifies use of deadly force.
Same in Texas.  Deadly force is allowed for arson. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 06:16:27 PM »
To complete his desired act, Dindu is going to put himself in a vulnerable position.  The cane, or my right foot, swiftly applied to his nether regions, is likely going to dissuade him from completing the act.  And, as said so well by Master Ken, always restomp the groin.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2021, 04:40:14 PM »

Can you shoot the guy?

Can?  Depends

Should? Absolutely

What race is the rapist?  Black?  Not a chance.  I like not being Zimmerman famous.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2021, 04:51:54 PM »
My luck, it would be Dindu and his woman doing some role playing, and as Dindu was bleeding out Lady Dindu would be attacking me.

Then you get to shoot em both! Twofer!!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2021, 06:55:50 PM »
NOTE: Gun drawn and at low ready from step 1.
I yell at him to stop.
Failure to comply gets a last warning.
Failure to comply gets him shot in a way that won't injure his victim/bystanders.
Failure to comply gets him the Mozambique Drill.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2021, 07:42:13 PM »
I yell at him to stop.
Failure to comply gets him shot in a way that won't injure his victim/bystanders.

Make sure you duck tape on an extra trauma plate, just in case.  :P

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2021, 12:11:06 AM »
    I would venture a guess that in most jurisdictions outside of NY/NJ/ it is legal to end a forcible felony like rape with deadly force.
 Having grown up in NY/NJ I know that in many places like that ( like philly ) you are better off minding your own biz.
 half or all of the ppl taking pics with their cell phones could be in cahoots with the rapist.

its terrible. you would have to be able to fight everyone on board the subway car, because you just do not know if they all are collaborators
 some gangs do things like this as an initiation, in San Francisco - an innocent 25 yr old girl was murdered by getting stabbed - a dude walked up and stabbed her a bunch of times - he was with ten ppl - some females - it was an initiation into a street gang - they hold on to the murder weapon/evidence to insure he does not rat them out .

these ppl do not think like we do - if I was on the subway/legally carrying - I would have shot the dude, stayed in a corner so no one could get behind me - and fled the scene at the first stop .
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2021, 12:12:48 AM »
I yell at him to stop.
Too much verbal.
Gun out and ready. Hard Super Bowl worthy kick followed by yelling once to stop. Gun still ready for next step if needed.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2021, 01:01:20 AM »
    I would venture a guess that in most jurisdictions outside of NY/NJ/ it is legal to end a forcible felony like rape with deadly force.
 Having grown up in NY/NJ I know that in many places like that ( like philly ) you are better off minding your own biz.
 half or all of the ppl taking pics with their cell phones could be in cahoots with the rapist.

its terrible. you would have to be able to fight everyone on board the subway car, because you just do not know if they all are collaborators
 some gangs do things like this as an initiation, in San Francisco - an innocent 25 yr old girl was murdered by getting stabbed - a dude walked up and stabbed her a bunch of times - he was with ten ppl - some females - it was an initiation into a street gang - they hold on to the murder weapon/evidence to insure he does not rat them out .

these ppl do not think like we do - if I was on the subway/legally carrying - I would have shot the dude, stayed in a corner so no one could get behind me - and fled the scene at the first stop .

You don't understand, I'm a VERY disabled, old, weak man. He can't be physically stopped by me and if he comes at me, i RIGHTLY will fear for MY life.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2021, 07:11:54 AM »
Shouldn't we be posing questions like this to Alec Baldwin? He's a newly minted expert on the use of deadly force...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 10:36:53 PM »
Some of the bystanders may be facing charges:

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2021/10/20/philadelphia-police-n51196

The passengers who did nothing while a homeless man raped a woman on a commuter train outside Philadelphia may have also recorded the vile attack on their cellphones instead of calling for help, authorities said.

Surveillance footage showed Fiston Ngoy, 35, who has been charged with rape in Wednesday’s sickening attack aboard a Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority train, spent nearly 45 minutes harassing the woman and touched her breast at one point, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Police said the rape then lasted about six minutes as other passengers looked on while holding their cellphones, but didn’t use the devices to call 911, SEPTA’s police chief said Monday.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama