Author Topic: Amazon strikes again  (Read 2412 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Amazon strikes again
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2024, 10:02:04 AM »
We've had issues for several months now with many of our packages being delivered either to the neighbor across the street, or the one next door.  Our address is clearly labeled, and well-lit at night.

When I click "Not so great" after my packages end up at someone else's door, I sometimes get asked "Do we have your correct address?"

:facepalm:

When we first moved into this house the mailman for this neighborhood thought delivering to the right house number was completely optional and no amount of complaining to the USPS made any difference. He got the streets right but often not the house numbers. That went on for a year or so and only stopped when he was replaced, probably promoted.

We do sometimes get packages for the wrong street though and the street name probably have a lot to do with it. We live on Pomeroy Dr. Next street over is Roypom and there's Roy and Pomeroy Ct. 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2024, 02:05:53 PM »
I've been having problems with the drivers not staying on the driveway.  I admit it's a bit awkward having to back up to the right then make a 90-ish* left to get out, but everyone else seems to be able to do it.  They have left ruts in the lawn before, but this last time, well....

Anyway, after the last rains came through, (5" by my rain gauge), we had an Amazon delivery.  He backed up to the right and went about 5' onto the shoulder.  He didn't get stuck, 'cause the E-van has front wheel drive and was able to pull him out.  He pulled forward, but didn't turn tight enough and ran out onto the front yard by about 1/2 the length of the van, where he got stuck.*  I offered to call a tow truck for him (I'm recouping from knee replacement), he turned me down 'cause he was afraid he'd get fired.  Instead, he went to two of the neighbors asking for help.**

Ended up trying a small tractor, a 1 ton dually and a 1/2 ton 4wd (separately) before finally getting him out.

Amazon's insurance is sending a check to cover the damages.

*Even if he'd not gotten stuck, the trajectory he was on would have ended at the tree planted near the drive.

**After dark, on a rainy night, in a pretty rural area.  Talking afterwards, we all 3 answered the door with a pistol in hand.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2024, 02:53:47 PM »
When the pay is peanuts, you think you can hire someone other than monkeys?

Sadly, Amazon pays better for untrained primates than my store does...
Blog under construction

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2024, 06:58:26 PM »
Cliff, my friend’s first call when he was called out the last big snow was an Amazon van in someone’s yard. The homeowner said they would get them out. A little later there was another call. Same RP, same address. He went back out and the same guy was stuck in the snow across the street from the same driveway.

Two people were getting ready to help the guy out, and my friend said: “When you get out again, drive slowly. You are a terrible driver.”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2024, 12:41:55 AM »
I also see why it's "running late". It is now being advertised for $150 instead of $120, so this must be a way to not honor the discounted price that I got. I've had that happen before. Some item is a really great price, I buy it, then there is a "shipping problem" that ends up with the order being cancelled and when I look at the item page again, the item is a much higher price.

I had a computer UPS in my cart at a price of $132.99 but I hesitated to place the order. It was still at $132.99 as of Thursday or Friday. Went to place the order on Saturday and the price magically shifted to $149.99. I'm not happy, but I hadn't placed the order so I can't call them out on a bait-n-switch.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2024, 05:52:45 PM »
Current progress for an Amazon package. I think the package may be schizophrenic.  :rofl:

Wednesday, March 6
11:43 AM
Package left the carrier facility.
11:33 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.
11:24 AM
11:17 AM
9:33 AM
9:32 AM
6:01 AM
5:45 AM
5:36 AM
5:24 AM
Tuesday, March 5
4:28 PM
4:28 PM
5:49 AM
5:38 AM
Monday, March 4
9:36 PM
8:36 PM
8:21 PM
Carrier picked up the package.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2024, 06:18:26 PM »
Ordered an item from Amazon on Wednesday, 2/14

Tracking says it shipped from their facility in Kyle, TX, on Thursday, 2/15. Kyle is about 45 minutes down I-35 from where I live.

Friday 2/16 - Tracking says it just left Savannah, GA, which it reached by way of Atlanta, GA.

Saturday 2/17: tracking says it was picked up again today in Kyle.

Sunday 2/18: tracking says it left Katy, TX - that's out towards Houston, 100 miles out of the way. Supposed to be delivered Monday. (President's Day? By USPS?)

Sunday 2/18: Late evening now. Tracking says the package is back in Kyle, TX, and is still supposed to be delivered Monday.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2024, 07:01:15 AM »
Looks more like obsessive compulsive package disorder...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.