Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Firearm Accident  (Read 42137 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Alec Baldwin Firearm Accident
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2021, 01:15:07 PM »
)Crew members on the set of "Rust" used guns with live ammunition and engaged in a pastime called "plinking" hours before Halyna Hutchins was killed, founder and CEO of The Wrap, Sharon Waxman, told CNN's Don Lemon Monday night, citing information from an individual with knowledge of the set.
One of the guns used was later handed to actor Alec Baldwin, who fired the shot that killed Hutchins, 42, and injured director Joel Souza, The Wrap reported.

'Rust' crew members reportedly used guns with live ammunition hours before deadly shooting on set
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/26/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-tuesday/index.html

More on the armorer side of things from The Daily Mail

She also admitted in the podcast interview she found loading blanks into a gun 'the scariest' thing because she did not know how to do it and had sought help from her father.
The source said: 'She was a bit careless with the guns, waving it around every now and again. There were a couple times she was loading the blanks and doing it in a fashion that we thought was unsafe.'

The insider added that they had seen her loading a gun on pebble strewn ground – which has the potential to be dangerous – before handing off the gun to Armstrong.

'She was reloading the gun on the ground, where there were pebbles and stuff,' the source said. 'We didn't see her check it, we didn't know if something got in the barrel or not.'
Rust crew members claim there were several complaints made against the armorer on the set and that at least six 'fed-up' people had walked off the set prior to Gutierrez-Reed handing Baldwin the gun that killed Hutchins.

The crew made their complaints directly to assistant director Dave Hall - who is named in the search warrant affidavit as the person handed Baldwin the gun that killed Hutchins and told him it was safe - and demanded all the discharges were documented.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10130717/The-armorer-set-Rust-Baldwin-killed-cinematographer-pictured-home.html

Yikes! What a cluster *expletive deleted*ck
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2021, 01:20:06 PM »
With everything that's coming out my guess is...

1. A bunch of careers have ended.

2. There are going to be criminal charges for at least some people.

3. The lawsuits are going to be many and the damages that will be demanded will be ENORMOUS, and Baldwin is going to be on the hook for a lot of money.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2021, 01:31:20 PM »
Not to trivialize someone's death but would many here be paying as much attention to this if Baldwin wasn't so rabid anti-gun? I have to say in my case in all fairness probably not as much.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2021, 01:42:57 PM »
Not to trivialize someone's death but would many here be paying as much attention to this if Baldwin wasn't so rabid anti-gun? I have to say in my case in all fairness probably not as much.

I would say probably not. But at least it won't be a huge surprise when he comes out demonizing all guns more than he does now. Unlike the Brady or Gifford anti-gun epiphany.

This whole series of events reminds me of the Swiss Cheese model for aviation accidents. The potential for an accident is always there, you just have to make sure the holes in the layers don't line up.

https://www.aviationfile.com/swiss-cheese-model/

bob

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2021, 01:51:55 PM »

The story certainly garnered more attention from the pro-RKBA people due to Baldwin's politics, but given his notoriety among the general public, this would have been a big story anyway.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2021, 02:36:05 PM »
A story about a person getting shot and killed on a movie set would have gotten some attention and some discussion on gun forums.  The fact that a well known actor pulled the trigger made it a big story for everyone.  Baldwin's past just added fuel to the fire.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2021, 12:42:05 AM »
After so many pixels and podcasts used to discuss this incident, it seems that it mostly boils down to just a bunch of people being very careless with deadly weapons. Baldwin and the other suits didn't care how inexperienced their gun girl was. They didn't care that the AD had a bad record on gun safety. They didn't care about following rules that are (reportedly) basic to gun safety on a film set.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2021, 08:59:33 AM »
After so many pixels and podcasts used to discuss this incident, it seems that it mostly boils down to just a bunch of people being very careless with deadly weapons. Baldwin and the other suits didn't care how inexperienced their gun girl was. They didn't care that the AD had a bad record on gun safety. They didn't care about following rules that are (reportedly) basic to gun safety on a film set.

In other words guns are bad and need to be banned
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2021, 09:16:01 AM »

They really are a bunch of shallow people in that industry.

Considering his stance on guns you would think the safe handling of weapons on the set would have been a priority.

It really was all just posturing, with no real depth of thought or conviction.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2021, 09:51:22 AM »
They really are a bunch of shallow people in that industry.

Considering his stance on guns you would think the safe handling of weapons on the set would have been a priority.

It really was all just posturing, with no real depth of thought or conviction.

Au contraire, mon ami. I'm sure Alec Baldwin had strong convictions -- guns are not safe for you and me, but he's spayshul, so nothing he says applies to him. Rules about gun safety also don't apply to him -- quod erat demonstrandum.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2021, 09:56:58 AM »
Au contraire, mon ami. I'm sure Alec Baldwin had strong convictions -- guns are not safe for you and me, but he's spayshul, so nothing he says applies to him. Rules about gun safety also don't apply to him -- quod erat demonstrandum.

This is how it always works, yet we're always the bad guys.

Our side always says, "If you don't want to do "X" then don't do it, what do I care?" Their side says, "I hate "X" and that means you can't have it."

Yet we're always the bad guys.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2021, 12:40:09 PM »
Talked to a friend who works in the industry last night.  His specialty is as a vehicle wrangler, as he calls it.  Mostly, he obtains and provides vehicles for films and TV shows and commercials.  Not stunt vehicles, but everything else.  His bet (based on his years of experience in the industry):

1. Armourer is done.  Whether this was her fault or not, this is a black mark on her career that will never go away.  At best, she may end up working for a weapons crew, but she'll never be the full armourer again.
2. Assistant Director who handed Baldwin the gun is done.  Same as the armourer, this is a black mark that will end his career. He doesn't have the name to get past it.
3. Baldwin is going to end up writing a big check to settle the civil suits.  He will give interviews in which he will cry and blame the armourer and assistant director.  And his career will continue unabated, because he is Hollywood royalty.  He will say "guns are bad," and will double down on his anti-gun rhetoric.
4. Some feds and some Hollywood types are going to push the idea of legislation banning "real" guns from movie sets, which will do nothing in the long run but, you know, let no tragedy go to waste.
5. The usual gun grabbers are going to triumph this as a showing that, even with all of the safety rules and precautions in place, guns kill innocent people, so we must ban private ownership of guns.

So, in short, the least powerful people on the movie set will suffer the most, and guns will be blamed.  So, nothing new.

No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2021, 01:05:11 PM »
To TOM's post above, it does look like the gun girl will be a primary fall guy. They are digging up dirt. Despite the fact that she may indeed have been inexperienced, she wasn't the only one in the chain. Interesting that the NY Post article mentions she was doing all the gun stuff by herself in this movie because they didn't hire any help for her.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/10/27/dana-loesch-and-nick-searcy-slam-the-pr-effort-to-absolve-alec-baldwin-of-responsibility-for-shooting-halyna-hutchins/

https://nypost.com/2021/10/27/rookie-rust-armorer-made-nicolas-cage-storm-off-previous-set-after-firing-gun/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2021, 01:10:49 PM »
I assume those that are going to have to payout will prefer to settle to keep the details out of the public eye but how transparent will the government investigation be with their findings?

Will the principals find a way to keep the more damning information hidden?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2021, 01:50:09 PM »
Not the first death she's been connected with

An insurance company for the rookie “Rust” armorer in charge of weapons when Alec Baldwin accidentally shot dead his cinematographer reportedly paid her close friend’s family $50,000 last year so she couldn’t be sued after he was killed in a drunken motorcycle crash.

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed’s friend Tyler Dyer wrecked his motorcycle in Arizona after attending a party with her and her boyfriend Aaron Butcher in August last year, TMZ reports.

The 24-year-old former model allegedly told police she saw Dyer and Butcher drink four to five beers each at the party, but still gave her boyfriend — who was already on probation for a DUI — the keys to her own motorcycle so the two men could leave, the outlet reported.

Gutierrez-Reed’s boyfriend was only supposed to be driving vehicles that had a Breathalyzer attached, which her motorcycle didn’t have, according to the outlet
Rookie armorer on Baldwin’s ‘Rust’ set tied to friend’s fatal crash
https://nypost.com/2021/10/27/rust-armorer-hannah-gutierrez-reed-tied-to-friends-death/

Serious lapse of judgment right there
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 02:37:41 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2021, 02:22:57 PM »
I have also noticed on social media that people keep digging up pictures of that armorer either posing like a gangster (in the NY Post tweet that Ben linked) or thirst trap screen shots from her Tik Tok account.  It's seems like the mirror of the standard "picture from when he was 10" of Trayvon Marti treatment. There's a concerted effort to make her look (literally, in pics) like an unprofessional child.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2021, 02:30:00 PM »
I have also noticed on social media that people keep digging up pictures of that armorer either posing like a gangster (in the NY Post tweet that Ben linked) or thirst trap screen shots from her Tik Tok account.  It's seems like the mirror of the standard "picture from when he was 10" of Trayvon Marti treatment. There's a concerted effort to make her look (literally, in pics) like an unprofessional child.

That "gangster" pic is in fact the only image of her I saw in various articles until just this morning, when they showed her apparently supervising someone else who was shooting.

Another article (I forget where I saw it yesterday) had a bunch of pictures of the pretty run down house she was renting in AZ. They had interviewed her landlady, who said that she evicted her right after this incident. All kinds of derogatory stuff about her in the article, with implications of either some poor redneck girl or maybe even meth head type finger pointing from their description of her living conditions.

Anyway, whatever else that article showed, it showed that she likely doesn't make enough money to not be a patsy. Certainly not enough dough to hire Gloria Aldrich to protect her, which one of the other cast members has already done.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2021, 02:49:31 PM »

Don't think they're having to do anything to make her look like an unprofessional child.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2021, 02:58:41 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2021, 03:01:36 PM »
If anything the worse she looks the worse Baldwin  as producer & the director look for hiring and keeping both her and the assistant director on after previous incidences
- Calvin and Hobbes

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2021, 03:52:33 PM »
If anything the worse she looks the worse Baldwin  as producer & the director look for hiring and keeping both her and the assistant director on after previous incidences

My thought is that a PI lawyer is looking at all of this and salivating at the thought of throwing it all at Baldwin the Producer and making him write an even bigger check for hiring what they will call a "completely inexperienced armourer and allowing her to bring live ammunition onto the set in violation of even the most basic safety rules that are the minimum standard in the industry."
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2021, 07:25:27 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2021, 02:09:22 PM »
Not trying to be funny, but this is starting to sound like one of those nurses who serially kill patients with overdoses.

On the other hand, Ben made an interesting point: "Anyway, whatever else that article showed, it showed that she likely doesn't make enough money to not be a patsy."

Just Warren said:

I assume those that are going to have to payout will prefer to settle to keep the details out of the public eye but how transparent will the government investigation be with their findings?

Will the principals find a way to keep the more damning information hidden?

Oh, the usual... settlements sealed by the court (or out of court), police have the usual option of not commenting on "an ongoing investigation" where the "investigation" takes a significant portion of forever.

Oh blah dee, oh blah dah...
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2021, 10:36:31 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/nobody-hurt-after-stormtrooper-accidentally-discharges-238-live-laser-rounds-on-set-of-the-mandalorian
Stormtrooper Accidentally Discharges 238 Live Laser Rounds On 'Mandalorian' Set, No One Hurt

When the stormtroopers eventually hit their target during filming, everyone celebrated and gave each other high fives except the stormtroopers, who missed.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2021, 11:55:20 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden