Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Firearm Accident  (Read 40681 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Alec Baldwin Firearm Accident
« Reply #500 on: October 08, 2022, 12:48:16 PM »
Are you one of those lefties that's into stealth editing history?

=D

Nope, a solid righty who posts that they edited something!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #501 on: October 09, 2022, 12:46:52 AM »
Filming to resume
A "settlement" has been reportedly reached with Hutchins family and her husband will be executive producer.

Does this seem a bit on the weird side to you?

Alec Baldwin shooting: Filming to resume after Halyna Hutchins death on set
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63149155

I would have thought the project would be shelved. But I guess the movie's got a lot of buzz now. Gotta cash in.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #502 on: November 12, 2022, 01:43:40 PM »
Running his mouth and filing a lawsuit

Alec Baldwin says Halyna Hutchins's family and others are suing him because they are money-motivated https://t.co/EdCUodS6WB

— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) March 8, 2022

Alec Baldwin has filed a lawsuit in California against several individuals associated with the “Rust” film, according to a cross-complaint obtained by CNN https://t.co/QWmIktWY4O

— CNN (@CNN) November 12, 2022
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/11/12/alec-baldwin-reportedly-suing-crew-members-on-rust-set-for-giving-him-a-loaded-gun/

Baldwin’s suit names Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the film’s rookie armorer who was in charge of handling guns and ammunition, as well as assistant director David Halls, who handed the loaded gun to Baldwin after he announced it was safe.

Sarah Zachry, the head of the crew’s props department, and Seth Kenney, who supplied the guns and ammunition to the set, were also named.
Alec Baldwin sues several ‘Rust’ crew members for handing him loaded gun
https://nypost.com/2022/11/11/alec-baldwin-sues-rust-crew-members-for-handing-him-loaded-gun/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #503 on: November 12, 2022, 04:59:50 PM »
so, he is really going to get away with negligent homicide?? :mad:

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #504 on: November 12, 2022, 05:35:02 PM »

Probably.

Money talks.

Check out the video of the cops at the scene, on the day of the incident. A woman has just been killed by a negligent discharge of a loaded firearm, and all the cops want to do is find away to write it off as an accident so they can wash their hands of it.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/11/alec-baldwin-sues-rust-crew-members-for-handing-him-loaded-gun/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #505 on: November 12, 2022, 10:18:37 PM »

Yes.

The elite live under a completely different set of rules than we do.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #506 on: November 13, 2022, 12:56:03 AM »
Yes.

The elite live under a completely different set of rules than we do.

If we put Alec Baldwin in jail, he'd never be able to stop the gun violence epidemic with common sense gun safety laws.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #507 on: November 13, 2022, 08:24:29 AM »
If we put Alec Baldwin in jail, he'd never be able to stop the gun violence epidemic with common sense gun safety laws.

I can see a Public Service Announcement with Mr. Baldwin pointing a gun at the camera pleading "pass another gun law before I kill AGAIN".
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #508 on: December 23, 2022, 12:54:28 AM »
The incident is back in the news. The assistant director -- the person who handed the loaded gun to Baldwin -- has countersued Baldwin.

https://www.newser.com/story/329431/rust-litigation-gets-ever-messier.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_entertainment_img_b

But Halls wants Baldwin, armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, and her assistant Seth Kenney to be held liable for any harm suffered by Mitchell, not him, as their "active and primary negligence" caused the incident, ...

I wouldn't mind seeing Baldwin hit with a big penalty, but I don't think Halls should be the one to get it. He IS the person who handed a loaded firearm to an actor and declared it a "cold gun" without checking it and without having been present while it was being loaded -- which industry protocols required him to be.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #509 on: December 24, 2022, 09:03:33 PM »
I was thinking about the case a few days ago, people like us should show up and protest Alec and his band of mundane idiots anywhere they go, as well as protest whatever agency that should have prosecuted
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #510 on: December 26, 2022, 12:00:55 AM »
Chris, that is definitely what we SHOULD do... But that requires that people make time...
Blog under construction

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #511 on: January 19, 2023, 11:16:11 AM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #512 on: January 19, 2023, 11:21:36 AM »
What's the over/under on a plea deal down to some community service?

I'd love to see an actual felony conviction here.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #513 on: January 19, 2023, 11:24:39 AM »

What kinda drugs are you on again?  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #514 on: January 19, 2023, 11:27:20 AM »
Even if convicted I can see a Biden pardon for his BFF
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #515 on: January 19, 2023, 11:27:27 AM »

Same, but they'll throw a bunch of money and a couple of high-powered lawyers at it so it will probably end up like you said. Probably a couple of PSAs about safety or a much-lauded series of "work" details that don't involve much more than a photo op.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #516 on: January 19, 2023, 11:28:04 AM »
Baldwin and armorer charged with involuntary manslaughter.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-charged-involuntary-manslaughter-fatal-rust-shooting-district-attorney

Well, I'm confused. How could each of them be charged with two counts of manslaughter when only one person died?

And why wasn't the assistant director -- the guy who handed Baldwin the gun and proclaimed it "cold" -- charged?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #517 on: January 19, 2023, 11:43:18 AM »
Well, I'm confused. How could each of them be charged with two counts of manslaughter when only one person died?

And why wasn't the assistant director -- the guy who handed Baldwin the gun and proclaimed it "cold" -- charged?

I can't answer the first question, although the article suggests that there are 2 different crimes in NM called "involuntary manslaughter" and the jury will decide which (if either) fits.

The second part, "Assistant director Dave Halls signed a plea agreement for a charge of negligent use of a deadly weapon. The terms of his agreement included a suspended sentence and six months of probation, the district attorney announced."
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #518 on: January 19, 2023, 12:06:44 PM »
The second part, "Assistant director Dave Halls signed a plea agreement for a charge of negligent use of a deadly weapon. The terms of his agreement included a suspended sentence and six months of probation, the district attorney announced."

I presume that's a misdemeanor.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #519 on: January 19, 2023, 12:08:19 PM »

Aha. Thanks.

That explains how Halls wasn't charged in this round-up, but I think he got off very light. At least he didn't skate completely in the clear.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #520 on: January 19, 2023, 12:45:23 PM »
Baldwin and armorer charged with involuntary manslaughter.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-charged-involuntary-manslaughter-fatal-rust-shooting-district-attorney
Maybe it is due to definitions, but I am not sure how the armorer would be guilty of manslaughter.  Negligence or accessary maybe, but manslaughter no.  On the other hand, Balwin was the head guy in charge and knew what was going on prior to the shooting.  The armorer wasn't even there at the time of the shooter if I remember right. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #521 on: January 19, 2023, 12:59:37 PM »
Maybe it is due to definitions, but I am not sure how the armorer would be guilty of manslaughter.  Negligence or accessary maybe, but manslaughter no.  On the other hand, Balwin was the head guy in charge and knew what was going on prior to the shooting.  The armorer wasn't even there at the time of the shooter if I remember right.

B. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to felony, or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection.

Whoever commits involuntary manslaughter is guilty of a fourth degree felony.

Were I to guess, I would say that the prosecutor will argue that she was in charge of the usage, storage, and condition of firearms that were going to be pointed at other people on the set(a lawful act which might produce death) and she failed to keep control of live rounds on the set (acted without due caution).  But that's just a guess.  IANAL and all that.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #522 on: January 19, 2023, 11:18:51 PM »
Better article here ( https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2023-01-19/alec-baldwin-charged-rust-movie-hannah-gutierrez-halls-involuntary-manslaughter ), but it still doesn't answer all the questions I have.

Naturally, Baldwin is outraged.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #523 on: January 20, 2023, 12:30:50 AM »
Outraged is Baldwin's operational default.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Alec Baldwin Firearm Incident
« Reply #524 on: January 20, 2023, 10:40:41 PM »
The opinion pieces in the news today are falling all over themselves excusing Baldwin.  Nobody seems to give a *expletive deleted*it about the overworked armorer/propmaster (those are separate jobs and she was covering both)   :mad:  I suspect she's the only one who will really be punished.
"It's good, though..."